Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: New Writer on the Board

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Youshi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

New Writer on the Board

I really don't have any other accomplishments other than incessant writing, so I figured I'd go with that.

よろしく Everyone, I am glad to get a chance to discuss manga, art, and stories, which are my main hobbies. Ultimately, I'm looking to have my stories drawn by a better artist than myself, but I'll be hanging out here until then and submitting some sample stuff, chatting with you all about various random happenings.

Anyone reading the Bakuman manga by Ohba will understand how I didn't even think about writing for manga until I read Bakuman. Then, I started sifting through my "novel ideas" and found that most of them could easily be read as a manga as well. I've been reading manga for years, and I was shocked I hadn't thought of this before!

However, it's all easier theorized than proven, and I have a long way to go until then. But I hope to continue with this new inspiration, as long as I get to write!

Sincerely,

Youshi
    詩は 海洋のようんだ Poetry is an ocean
    流れ下る It falls
    流れ上る It swells

でも But

いつも  輝いて always sparkles
    流れ星のようんだ like a shooting star

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Writer on the Board

Welcome to MangaHelpers, Youshi! Yay for more writers~ You write novels? So cool.

About your avatar. I think the katakana there reads 'you' and 'shi'. Does the kanji at the left means 'you' and 'shi' too? Does the word 'youshi' itself have a special meaning?

New Reply