Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What side story did you liked more? (You can vote more than one option!)

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hina, Welfin and Bizeff

8 25.81%
  • Reina and Provuda

9 29.03%
  • Television News

3 9.68%
  • Diego

3 9.68%
  • IS THAT GIN FREECS?

15 48.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 315 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 315 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    No mention Komugi, Meryem, Gon, or Killua based on the scans. It seems like the population survived, so I guess Rose is not contagious after all, which seems contradictory to how it was described. I think it was meant to be radioactive poisoning but due to Fukushima, Togashi attempt to handwave it to just a contagious bio weapon that acts like radioactive poisoning, even though the two have nothing to do with other (radioactive poisoning clearly doesn't spread from carrier to carrier).

This chapter is pretty standard for what Togashi does but, to quote something I saw before, "HXH may have no faults but its author sure does". In any other manga we should applaud the author for not just focusing on the most important characters, but here in HXH there's a very good chance we might not hear anything from Togashi again for an year. This doesn't mean to hurry up and end the arc but at least he should resolve the important characters first.

It's interesting to note all the fake information guessed that Komugi was going to beat Meryem, though that'd be my guess, too.

I forsee Werefin become like Mr. Satan, living a life of wealth and fame as "The Man who stopped Meryem".

Same could be said for Berserk in terms of getting to the point, they both have hiatus's which makes us ponder and guess what may come next. I am hoping that we're lucky and he won't go on hiatus anymore even though now I believe we might have 5 more chapters left if he were to go on hiatus again. Though based on how much was covered in the first 5 chapters I really see no issue with him being able to explain the rest that is going on.

I would say it's possible that they managed to alter the rose bomb to work on a more mollecular level focusing mainly on ants, or the impact of the blast would only effect those caught in the smoke of the incident. The residual smoke which may only effect the area rather then sway into the air causing more to be infected by it.

I am surprised there was no mention of the King, i really thought perhaps we'd at least see his death or something but maybe we'll see it next chapter. With the way everything has played out I would be surprised if we see no mention of Gon and his group next chapter. Instead of focusing back and forth between issues it would appear his main objective was to finish up the King's plot since that was coming to a conclusion with everything in question that it would've made little sense to really go back and focus on Gon and Killua's problem. It most likely would've taken away from the impact of the King's last moments.

But ya hopefully next chapter we might see some news with Gon and Killua since there really isn't much else to talk about atm except for the conditions and mental/physical damage all the hunters went through because of this. While the ants seem to have a new objective and some seem to have found what they were looking for we do have no clue as to how the hunters are. It will be interesting to see what Togashi does next chapter, just judging from the pics it appears that it'll be interesting though I will be disappointed if the next chapter does focus on the ants again cause judging from this chapter it would appear that things have pretty much been covered.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Netero flat out said he took the king to a military weapon testing ground, so 'they could go all out'.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think people forget that netero flew on a nen dragon to the location where he fought the king. Considering the operation was at large planned very carefully I doubt the association would make a mistake as moronic as having the explosion happen at a location where it could be a hazard for the hunters and the 50000 people at the castle. I would think netero took them to a safe location where even the wind would make sure the poison did not reach the general population.

That's all good in theory except the Rose poison spreads from carrier to carrier. Even if Meryem did not survive the blast, Yupi and Pufu still would've tried to look for him and get infected, and presumably return to the palace after they failed to find him. This would have been enough to get the whole population infected since they're clearly totally packed in the capital.

Given that Werefin hasn't died either (he is obviously in direct contact with Meryem), there's really only two possible conclusions:

1. Togashi made a newbie mistake and forgot the part where Rose spreads from carrier to carrier (see part 311).
    2. Someone (most likely Meryem, but won't rule out Komugi) managed to cure the poison on the entire population.

Note that Pufu at 1/7 strength sure died in the matter of hours after being exposed to poison. While Pufu isn't exactly a fighting type, there's no reason to expect Werefin to be stronger than Pufu at 1/7 strength.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Note that Netero also flat out said that everyone at the 'selection' would be considered already dead.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/13062742/1
    Chapter is out on mangastream.

Good chapter but not much happened, Togashi is just tying up some lose ends with the minor characters before he moves on with the more important stuff.
    Last edited by Netero; September 07, 2011 at 07:36 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 315 Discussion

I think all this is creating tension for Gon and about the King. I'm sure He will make a timeskip and after that show last moments of Meruem. Oh gawd, so much expectations! This chapter was good.

I really enjoy Welfin and Hina as characters, so I loved their side story and knowing that they're looking to Jairo which means we will see them again.

And Am I crazy or Gin Freecs was the successor of Netero as the latter last will? O_O

PS: I added a poll and I'll continuously doing so. If you propose new questions or method I'm open about it. PM me
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i like this chapter. a lot of loose ends being tied up. I want to see who the new chairman will be it might be that guy at the last page last panel. I really dont think (would not prefer) it to be Gin Freeks. cuz that would make him too accessible for Gon. Plus its not in his character to be working on the Association.
    Trafalgar Law is the new Shichibukai. He cut down the samurai from Wano. 2-15-12

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my guess is that the last panel IS him and He's Netero's last will. But He wont accept it and then the council will put someone else. Until Gon finds him to make sure that He will be the next chairman.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin is way too much of a loose cannon to be the leader of Hunters. It's pretty clear that the Hunter's Association has to deal with all sorts of political issue. How can Gin lead the association when you need to send in a pretty skilled Hunter just to track him down? Gin said in the tape that he's always going to be living the lifestyle of a vagabond, while it's pretty clear the president of the Hunter's Association is some kind of job where you sit in front of a desk most of the time. Sure, Gin might be the strongest Hunter in the association but there's no way he'd be a good fit for that role.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I know and I'm not denying that. I think that's the reason why He wont accept now.

But I also believe in Gon and how He actually changes people for good.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member luffyg2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a nice chapter.. now we can finally say that this whole ant arc is over... but I kind of feel like the chairman died for nothing though.... anyway now its time to see gon and kilua already... and im sure that was gin at the end of the chapter

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Uriel, you make it sound like if Gin accepted then it would be set in stone and the selection would be over. I seriously doubt the council would simply accept the will of a dead man in who should succeed him and have all the authority. They didn't really even allow him to make the decisions for the mission even till the last moment I doubt they would allow him to state his successor and just allow it without putting it to a council vote or somesuch.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Uriel, you make it sound like if Gin accepted then it would be set in stone and the selection would be over. I seriously doubt the council would simply accept the will of a dead man in who should succeed him and have all the authority. They didn't really even allow him to make the decisions for the mission even till the last moment I doubt they would allow him to state his successor and just allow it without putting it to a council vote or somesuch.
    I agree here there will definitely be politics that go on to make the ideal scenario quite difficult to achieve. Though who knows really if that man is Gin - strong chance there is though hard to say other than "women's" intuition - still point is seems like he is aware of Netero's message and may opt to try and succeed him. But this does point to a very unclear future in that suddenly we're presented with MORE possible arcs - Gon's recover (if at all), Kurapica & the Spider's continuation, Gyro, and now Netero's successor. Its incredible how with the conclusion of one arc suddenly three new ones spring up possibly.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

If I sounded like that, I did not meant to. I think I mention in previous chapter that either Hunter Association and Gon's recovery will be the same arc and linked somehow, with both topics being too deep and juicy to just reduce to simple events.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm sure that was ging.

but i don't think he's meant to be netero's successor. what togashi's trying to say is that among the crowd, he's one of the few who understood that netero's dead
    Last edited by chikkychappy; September 07, 2011 at 09:42 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast