Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Kenpachi strong enough to handle the Sternritter?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Kenpachi strong enough to handle the Sternritter?

Since Kenpachi Zaraki doesn't know how to utilize his shikai, and doesn't have bankai yet, does anyone think he can hold his own against the Sternritters, and the other quincy ranks?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 496 Discussion/ 497 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Sage Mode View Post
    Since Kenpachi Zaraki doesn't know how to utilize his shikai, and doesn't have bankai yet, does anyone think he can hold his own against the Sternritters, and the other quincy ranks?
    Read the thread[probably around the centre], there is enough discussion about Kenpachi facing them. To answer your question, a lot of people think he is capable of fighting them, until they start to use the absorption technique like Opie did at least.
    Last edited by Schabrak; June 13, 2012 at 08:04 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 496 Discussion/ 497 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Sage Mode View Post
    Well, he's in shikai. He just doesn't know any of it's abilities. He's basically using raw power. He's not focusing it or anything. I'm sure he'll be plenty strong with just his max reiatsu against the Sternritter. Not sure once they enter Voltandig. I doubt they'll absorb his power. They probably need to be al lot stronger than him. It'd be awesome if he just gavethe Sternritter as much as possible without dying and the Sternritter couldn't handle it. That seems a fitting way. It'd still illustrate how ridiculous his power is. haha
    Last edited by toussaintac; June 13, 2012 at 09:04 PM.
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Kenpachi strong enough to handle the Sternritter?

Since this is a very popular topic, I thought we needed a new thread to discuss the subject. Excessive number of posts in chapter discussion thread disrupts the usual flow of discussion about this week's chapter.

About the topic: I think Kenpachi is strong enough to hold his own against one of them but I don't think he can squash them like bugs unless they're the weakest members of the bunch. I believe it's a strong possibility that he's communicated with his zanpakuto during the timeskip and is now stronger but still he enjoys prolonging fights which may not be the best idea under current circumstances.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

We havent seen what the sternritter are capable of yet against captain class shinigami besides stealing their bankai , but it all depends on zaraki's priorities of wanting to protec SS or wanting to enjoy fights , he might realize that SS might be in danger that if SS is gone than he wont e a captain and get sent wherever to be deployed to kill something , so if he realize that he might go full power from the start than he might even solo the 'fodder' soldiers before losing to the main guy bu not before heavily injuring him .

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, zaraki has shown he can take on captain level enemies without special abilities. He fought ichigo in SS arc, he defeated quinta espada and was able to fight with yami. In this regard, that the stern ritten can seal bankai means nothing to him as he plain does not use one. He is likely considered a secret weapon of sorts by SS right now as he can fight at a level equivalent to someone using bankai with just his sheer physical abilities. I mean, by merely switching from randomly waving his sword around to using kendo he was able to break past a espada's released form and weapons and then went on to fight more strong guys.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of wonder if Kenpachi knows Zan's abilities and name now after these 2 years. He did, after all want to become stronger.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If he ever will get to know it better, I hope it will simply stay a sword or repair itself, boosting his swings, just to keep it true to himself and a bit to troll the readers.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    I kind of wonder if Kenpachi knows Zan's abilities and name now after these 2 years. He did, after all want to become stronger.
    To be honest I think he has. What would stop him? The whole thing about shikai is basically about talent and power and kenpachi has enough to spare. If he wants to have a relationship with his sword there really is nothing to hold him back, its a matter of time. It has been at least 2 whole years since zaraki fought ichigo after all.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

surely he is. byakuya could hurt that stern ritter, then kenpachi,whose strength is similar to byakuya's bankai, will surely defeat his opponent. it's obvious that,since thef act kenpachi hasn't been shown yet is exactly ebcause before that the captains have to lose their bankai.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenpachi seems to have a new bigger eyepatch, I think it's a hint of his increased power. Before the timeskip, he was considered to be as powerful as Byakuya, now he may be stronger. His only fight after the timeskip was against Giriko which ended instantly. Byakuya thinks that they can defeat the Sternritter with their bankai, he's probably making an educated guess based on their reiatsu, in this case Kenpachi may be more than a match for all except the most powerful ones.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading what news we have about the novel, and Kubo's confirmation of those power levels being canon, and all the hype of Kenpachi...

hell yeah

And it's not like I ever expected it but XD

I would say maybe even Vollstandig wouldn't work against him as "his reiatsu level breaks even forms of hax"...

ex oriente lux

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    I would say maybe even Vollstandig wouldn't work against him as "his reiatsu level breaks even forms of hax"...
    It's gonna be like a birthday party for Zaraki. He can go all out and let his manacing spirit take over his instincts to kill. Shinigami generally show only a bit of pity, he wont have none from the very start.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

If there's indeed some sort of mental barrier that drags Kenpachi down to his opponent's level, I guess this barrier will be broken if quincies hurt Yachiru. Perhaps this is the only way we can see Kenpachi's true strength.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to be rude or anything, but the topic of this thread is a no-brainer. If Kenpachi can't handle "one" of the Sternritter than he doesn't deserve to be Captain of his division period.

nuff said on this subject.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast