Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: What looks better?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • God-Bankai costume

22 55.00%
  • New Fullbringer-Bankai costume

18 45.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ichigo's New Shikai / Bankai?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Itsigo's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo's New Shikai / Bankai?

The zanpakuto Ichigo's got now doesn't looks like Zangetsu do you think it is Zangetsu or some other zanpakuto?

Hijacking the post ...lets not limit the discussion to Zangetsu alone. We can discuss the new shikai and bankai as well. In nutshell, use this thread to discuss anything related to his new shikai and bankai. |toc
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; December 04, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
    ''Can't negate the power of Manga''

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ichigo new zanpakuto?

Well,I believe that that really is Zangetsu and more specifically the Shikai he obtained after the Dangai-training.However,I doubt that the entity within the zanpakutou will appear the same(for example,I don't think that we'll see old man Zangetsu or young Tensa),I think that we will see a new entity.However,that must be Zangetsu,it's resemblance to his old shikai is so clear.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Spike Vamp King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ichigo new zanpakuto?

I think some of his fullbringer power remained. If you look at chapter 452 page 13 you will see his fb sword is now mixed with his zangestu.

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/98988522/13

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner neloangelo8909's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This theory just came to mind about ichigo&new zangetsu

looking back on a few eps, and please bear with me since i JUST thought of this and maybe adding as i go; hollow ichigo, or zangetsu imo, and zangetsu were originally one person, perhaps ichigos soul before he was turned into a half hallow hybrid where now his soul is two seperate parts.

what if the new zangetsu he has is basically zangetsu+hallow mixed? its shown in the early eps of the anime, i didn't read the early manga chapters just started with FB, that depending on whos stronger that spirit becomes ichigos main source of power. Well idk if the last point was to useful BUT i can say that hollow ichi has one more then one occasion made it very clear that he and zangetsu are one in the same person.

Now looking back on zangetsu&hollow vs ichigo I thought since they were one in the same person to begin with can't they become one anyway? just like the ones thats stronger takes control they can also both combine into one person and become ichigos source of power together.

Another thing that led me to believe this was the act that even though ichigos FB was taken away ichigo is still part hollow which maybe why his FB was shown to be part of his shinigami outfit. Ichigos hollow and zangetsu may have,due to what i think is the dangai training and the fact that ichigo regained his power after having lost it, become the original being before ichigo you know got pwned by byakuya.

again i only just thought of this theory it JUST came to mind and most of this i went along with as i wrote please post your thoughts and if you can't understand, or think you can make better sense of it then post away.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's new zanpakuto?

I partly agree with what you said,I also believe that right now Ichigo no longer has Zangetsu neither Hichigo,but a single being,a mixture of both Zangetsu and Hichigo.However
    Quote Originally Posted by neloangelo8909
    Ichigos hollow and zangetsu may have,due to what i think is the dangai training and the fact that ichigo regained his power after having lost it, become the original being before ichigo you know got pwned by byakuya.
    byakuya didn't destroy any of Ichigo's powers that time,Ichigo was on "borrowed" power,basically he was using Rukia's powers and not his own plus at that time Ichigo had no original being,only after Urahara's training did Zangets and Hichigo appear.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's new zanpakuto?

Well this been was mentioned. It was during his dengai training when Zangetsu and hallow Ichigo fused. Since his powers fused it caused his out fit to change seeing as his shekai and bankai were always incomplete.

Before Zangetsu suppress his hallow powers, that's were the mask comes.

Recession hit us all hard

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

[FEATURED] Zangetsu's new appearence

There is a massive change in shikai Zangetsu, not just the blade but the handle and the new bankai like chain http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/459/18

This may be the result of the fullbring or the Dangai training or neither. there are major holes with both of these

Fullbring: Zangetsu should return to normal because the fullbring was ripped out of ichigo.

Dangai: He was training with Tensa Zangetsu so it should have affected the bankai more.

I want to here your thoughts on this.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zangetsu's new appearence

Quote Originally Posted by bleach fan 101 View Post

Dangai: He was training with Tensa Zangetsu so it should have affected the bankai more.
    there is no real major plothole here....It did affect his bankai...the glove/the long chain wrapped around his arm etc
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO there is something important that is missing, its like the chains of the shikai and bankai will connect to the fullbring sword if he gets those powers back.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

1st we saw that when he gained his own shinigami powers, his shikai didnt have any guards for his hand , also it was just like a big butcher knife. All the zanpaktous change their shapes to form of their souls.
    1st , there were 2 coins , 1 was dominating the other , Zangetsu > Hichigo , after time passed, Hichigo dominated Zangetsu, yet the soul of the ichigo ( the power ) just used its another power, so the shape change wouldnt come.
    at the dangai training, we saw that Hichigo and TZangetsu merged, and we saw a new soul that is Ichigo's true shape of his soul.
    Befores , just one was dominating other , but after the true form of ichigo's soul we saw it.

Also there s another possibility that , the chains wrapiing the right arm , it would be the 3rd release of his sword (true form) which was like Byakuya's one 1st Schetter, Senbonzakura, 2nd- Senbonzakura Kageyoishi , 3rd Senkei which byakuya told us that senkei was the true form of his sword.
    This could be the another possilibty if u look at this way ,
    1st shikai ability : zangetsu eats ur reiatsu , amplifies it and shoots is. So the ability of the sword is releated to the reiatsu consuming etc.
    2nd TZangetsu : it condesses all the reaiutsu into 1 sword, so ichigo can use the power of the bankai with high speed etc,also it s releated to reaitsu usage.

So like byakuya : senkei which gives up defences and only focuses on offence.
    What zangetsu's 3rd ( True form ) might do : give up all your reiatsu and focuses on throwing, jumping, all physical abilities which aizen mentioned, we may even see the old tensa zangetsu, and then 3rd form wrapping the chain to right arm and hand so he can just take reiatsu and focuses on physical abilities.
    even the final form inwhich u can use mugetsu , it s all about reiatsu stuff, ofc others use reiatsu as well but not like zangetsu ( other than renji's bankai, which uses his reiatsu to perform a cero type attack)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleach fan 101 View Post
    IMO there is something important that is missing, its like the chains of the shikai and bankai will connect to the fullbring sword if he gets those powers back.
    Interesting direction to take this...Ichigo would therefore have two blades? Not a bad idea although I would prefer if he kept the one and gained new abilities for it like shooting ceros
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

There is one thing that I have always wondered: why doesn't Ichigo spin Zangetsu by the bandage like Hichigo did? I think its because it leaves him open, but if he had his fullbring sword too that would increase his offensive and defensive capabilities

maybe a cero could come from one of the swords or his hollow mask

I'd like to see old man Zangetsu's appearance now, it would look cool IMHO

Does anyone know what type of sword Zangetsu is now?
    And maybe some one can tell me why Tessai made this reaction http://www.mangareader.net/94-521-11...hapter-67.html I've never understood it
    Last edited by bleach fan 101; September 09, 2011 at 07:25 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiro saki is not lost thats for certain. I mean after the tectonic uproar that made him famous in both hollow realm and shinigami realm its gonna be an impossible decision for TK to dish wash shirosaki away. My 2 pence still we will see hollow form or if not we will see ichigo shooting ceros in his preferred form which is ofcourse shinigami form.
    so ya zangetsu might change. We might see a new costume and a sun-glass for sure

Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Zangetsu isn't complete yet IMO because you can see the start of a hilt

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Given that ichigo has fullbring like pieces of armor around his body I am inclined to think that the current change zangetsu went through is solely because of fullbring. When ichigo fought aizen he went through an inherent change in his power, it evolved past the limits of ordinary shinigami to the point where it was beyond aizen's perception. Zangetsu's change at the time would be attributed to that change ichigo went through. Ginjo was able to fell ichigo's reiatsu so I would argue that ichigo no longer has the power he had when he fought aizen. In this regard from that point zangetsu went back to what it was before. Once ichigo learned fullbring his own awakening shinigami/hollow powers would begin assimilating the fullbring thus bringing the changes we have seen. Ichigo's fullbring most likely went for the memories of ichigo's bankai hence the chain and hilt thingy we see in ichigo now.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast