Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What looks better?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • God-Bankai costume

22 55.00%
  • New Fullbringer-Bankai costume

18 45.00%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ichigo's New Shikai / Bankai?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zangetsu's new appearence

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Given that ichigo has fullbring like pieces of armor around his body I am inclined to think that the current change zangetsu went through is solely because of fullbring. When ichigo fought aizen he went through an inherent change in his power, it evolved past the limits of ordinary shinigami to the point where it was beyond aizen's perception. Zangetsu's change at the time would be attributed to that change ichigo went through. Ginjo was able to fell ichigo's reiatsu so I would argue that ichigo no longer has the power he had when he fought aizen. In this regard from that point zangetsu went back to what it was before. Once ichigo learned fullbring his own awakening shinigami/hollow powers would begin assimilating the fullbring thus bringing the changes we have seen. Ichigo's fullbring most likely went for the memories of ichigo's bankai hence the chain and hilt thingy we see in ichigo now.
    but shouldn't the appearence go back to normal when Ginjou stole his fullbring?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zangetsu's new appearence

Not under the assumption that zangetsu/shirosaki assimilated or absorbed some part of ichigo's fullbring. If they made a part of the fullbring's power their own then actually stealing ichigo's fullbring would not make a difference simply because ichigo's shinigami/hollow powers cannot be taken through the fullbring ginjo took.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Zangetsu's new appearence

Banaki...aren't you wondering about the new design of bankai?

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to point out this chapter's Ichigo... the burned off sleeve, looked almost as post dangai bankai
    I wonder if that was a set-up for his bankai.
    I expect badass post-dangai design + fullbring additions = even more badass

Because Kubo is the god of design.

ex oriente lux

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with you Dar, especially the part about god of design. Kubo has really come up with brilliant designs. Ichigo's post post-dangai form is one of my favorite in all the series I have read. FGT was also epic. Moving on, I would love to see the post-dangai form to be his new bankai. However, seeing how we saw his new design, we may see a totally new bankai.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno what to say,I think Ichigo's new Bankai will still resemble his post-Dangai Bankai,meaning he'll still have the chain wrapped his arm,but most likely the pieces of armor he has now will probably extend and fully cover his chest (like his FB armor),and maybe other small tracks of the FB armor.Most likely he'll retain his both pre and post-Dangai Bankai robe,which really suits him imo.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you should start to check those power rangers -like series to imagine Ichigo's bankai, cause...

Quote Originally Posted by calimike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    It says Kubo created a design of Ichigo's Fullbring based on from Tokusatsu Heroes (like, Power Ranger) which young audience thinks it is cool, but it may bring frustration and discomfort to readers who are older and read Bleach for long time.

He used this design because he wants people to be happy that Ichigo returns to regular shinigami uniform, and the Fullbring uniform design is meant for Ginjou not Ichigo.

It isn't anything important to talk about.

So, maybe we'll see a white bankai with or without details in 2-3 colors.
    I hope not. I liked the black sword.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Maybe you should start to check those power rangers -like series to imagine Ichigo's bankai, cause...

So, maybe we'll see a white bankai with or without details in 2-3 colors.
    I hope not. I liked the black sword.
    Quote Quote:
    He used this design because he wants people to be happy that Ichigo returns to regular shinigami uniform, and the Fullbring uniform design is meant for Ginjou not Ichigo.
    Nothing like that for Ichigo~~

I think his bankai wil have, if, then only the cool parts of his fullbring like wrist armors. Even Kubo said that he wanted for us to love the shinigami shihakusho more by going through the despair of seeing that armor for weeks on him, basically

I'd go with any design that Kubo comes up with. It'd be super awesme to see him in old bankai, in completely new bankai... but I still kinda hope he'll go with slightly upgraded post dangai pre FGT design. Although he won't have longer hair P:
    Last edited by Darjaille; November 26, 2011 at 06:20 PM.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Yosh, we finally get revealed on an already old and eagerly discussed issue..!

Is Ichigo's fullbring only affecting by his shinigami powers, or is it possibly for his fullbring to also affect his shinigami powers..?
    Alternatively, could something else have changed his shinigami powers (shikai) than dengai or fullbring...?

Next chapter will most likely come with some answers, can't wait for it

Logically, I hope for the post dengai bankai, as it'd make the most sense.
    As a fan, I'd love to see something new, but it wouldn't make much sense though, unless Kubo has a good explanation ready, but I don't buy the fullbring BS though, it's just not Ichigo in my eyes...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

As I see it Ichigo's Bankai will be the same as he had after Dangai training, because he mentioned that it was the true form of his Bankai. Also Those stripes that Ichi has on his hands look like the affect of merging his Fullbring with his Shinigami powers and Ginjou even commented that it should be Fullbring that developed Ichi's basic physical capacities.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

His new bankai appearance is cool i like the sword more than anything else though. I like how it opens up in the middle at the base and how its kind of curvy towards the end. Hopefully he will have some new techniques now...im praying lol
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichi's Bankai costume.

Let's compare and see what people think.

This:
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-56926-...apter-417.html

vs

This:
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/475/8

So?

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichi's Bankai costume.

This one...
    http://download.minitokyo.net/Bleach.363551.jpg
    Wich would be hes "basic ban-kai" outfit..i like it the most..

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pleased with the new bankai as well. I know I would be more pleased with post-dangai mode, but it's probably the best as it is now? This way, it won't ever get 'dull' seeing post-dangai. It'll be just MORE epic the next time he uses it. I hope post-dangai form is accesable as the 2nd stage of his bankai, either as something like e.g. Byakuya's bankai or like Ulq's Segunda Etapa.
    And I still love the old good bankai.
    I don't find the X things to be disrupting or not fitting at all.

The angle or something of the doublespread isn't good... Just by noticing other panels, I found the new design to be really cool.
    The only thing I don't like are the gloves (well not gloves, it's one piece with the whole coat)...

And Ichigo won't have problems fighting with the sword me thinks. He can adapt well. And it is a manifestion of his soul.
    But yes, a new technique would be good

ex oriente lux

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

@Darjaille
    True, the angels used and the panels are truly making the design look different from chapter to chapter, the picture you posted indeed make Ichigo look cool with his x-marks on his chest, whereas previously to that frame/chapter it looked ridiculously. A bit odd actually..

I too really dislike the gloves, but in the latest chapter
    http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/22025313/5
    It kinda looked cool, although, it's not Ichigo's style and it's not fitting his bankai, it still looked amazing in this frame.

Is Kubo just playing around with his artwork? He did reveal in an interview that he made Ichigo's fullbring look disturbing on purpose, so is it far fetched that he didn't bring Ichigo back in his most awesome lookings right a way?
    I agree, we'll probably see his post dengai again, but tweaked in an even more cool combination (Like when he saved Rukia or alike).

I would love to know why his bankai changed design though, if there even is a reason for it...
    I doubt it's his fullbring, it might be something else... or possibly, Kubo just felt like it, lol!

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast