Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: What looks better?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • God-Bankai costume

22 55.00%
  • New Fullbringer-Bankai costume

18 45.00%
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ichigo's New Shikai / Bankai?

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Ichigo's New Shikai / Bankai?

I think the new design is thanks to dangai training and/or fullbring. Even though Ginjou has supposedly stolen all of his fullbring powers, I still think the traces are still there. Why would he wear those X everywhere? X is his fullbring. Or even if his FB powers are gone, they affected his soul enough for him to carry on the design.

I didn't like the new bankai only in the first panel (that doublespread). From then, I think it's pretty cool. I'm not disturbed by the X everywhere.
    Only the gloves.

Btw I totally adore the new sword now.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't like the new sword. When it comes to swords, I prefer something more simple. I loved Ichigo's giant butcher knife shikai, and his bankai was beautiful. His bankai now looks more....murderous. I will say his new bankai is waaaay better than his new shikai. I absolutely could not stand the shape of that sword. Like I said, I prefer simpler, and the extra curves just bothered me. Not to mention the odd guard and...cylindrical handle?

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if his new design is just a design or it has more significance. May be some relation to his new power level or something else?

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Ichigo's new looks is merely a new costume, I have a feeling that fullbring and the way it affected Ichigo will be relevant to his power-ups in the future arcs.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually it already manefested his power-up.
    As Ginjou said Ichigo gained a power-up in his physical abilities thanks to the fusion of his Fullbring and Shinigami powers. Also I believe he gained more spiritual power.

Also I agree it might be even a base for his later power-ups.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo's New Shikai / Bankai?

I like this new Bankai look compared to that plain ordinary looking bankai he had before. The only thing I don't like about the outfit is that design around his neck, it looks better when he is in Shikai form. Besides that, I did not like the fact that Aizen and some of the Arrancars had a similar outfit to Ichigo's bankai form so I'm glad it looks different and more unique now.
    Last edited by Cyber34; May 19, 2012 at 02:58 PM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt there will be some devlopments by this way,but something must happen. I think it will concerns the hollow aspect again.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't be certain, I am under the impression that Ichigo has completely suppressed his hollow. His hollow was always a doubt in personality and wavered him from becoming strong. After the dangai training, it felt like he is in control and his inner-hollow is no longer an issue. I can be wrong, may be Vandenreich can disturb the balance or his control over his hollow.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason why Ichigo is stronger than before is because his shinigami and hollow powers merged during dangai training. It seems his hollow isn't an issue at this point and I guess the manga will focus on a different aspect of Ichigo's power in this arc.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    I think the reason why Ichigo is stronger than before is because his shinigami and hollow powers merged during dangai training. It seems his hollow isn't an issue at this point and I guess the manga will focus on a different aspect of Ichigo's power in this arc.
    But the problem with that is that Shirosaki said that Ichigo had to fight him again to have total control of his power, and I don't believe Dangai training was that time, because Shirosaki was merged with Tensa Zangetsu, so it was we will fight you, not i will fight you. Also his lack of Cero is another thing convincing me that he needs to fight Shirosaki again (full control of hollow power = ability to use Cero and other hollow powers like regeneration)

I believe that his Shikai and Bankai have changed into those swords is because Ichigo has developed as a person (matured), we can also see this because Ginjou was (if I remember correctly) the only person (hollows don't count) he killed and its that killing intent tht wee see in his swords
    Last edited by bleach fan 101; July 08, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible that Shirosaki may show up at one point but his absence in Ichigo's fights against Aizen, Ginjo and Quilge leads me to believe that he might have gone for good, or more correctly he might have achieved a perfect harmony with Zangetsu and Ichigo, and would not bother Ichigo anymore. I suppose Ichigo is different from other vizards in that regard and IMHO he is the only vizard who can use his hollow powers without wearing a mask, and do that in a permanent manner without fear of losing his mask mid-battle. I think in theory he can fire cero, Ginjo did it after all, but he doesn't make an effort to learn and use it just like he doesn't know how to cast kido spells.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think ichigo really needs to start trying different techniques i mean its been every training session, he learns a new technique but he hasn't been living up to his potential in anyway, i mean if you look at his traits it clearly mentions he's pretty much the top of the class in his human self so why has he not tried to learn or at least copy in some way what the others are doing in that respect ichigo to me is a 2 dimensional character.

Lets just say that ichigo instead of trying raw power to get out of the cage and tries too meditate and see if Zangestu (i dont wanna say, but a totally different entity) was inside the Zanpaktu, and he couldn't contact anything. What could he use ?
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

I am highly doubtful that Zangetsu has been replaced because:

The style of Bankai and Shikai are too similar to Zangetsu before
    Ginjou only took some of Ichigo's reiatsu, so it is still Zangetsu, just he's changed because Ichigo has matured
    Isshin still retained Engetsu after FGT, so Ichigo should too

hopefully Kubo will prove my theory right next chapter by visiting Ichigo's inner world.
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

of course it's still Zangetsu, otherwise he wouldn't be able to go Shikai or Bankai (you need to know your zanpakuto's name for that, remember?). What is clear to me now is that Ichigo's current powers are not even remotely close to those he had post-dangai (before going Mugetsu, of course), so I am wondering: will he ever get back to be a trascendental being?

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    of course it's still Zangetsu, otherwise he wouldn't be able to go Shikai or Bankai (you need to know your zanpakuto's name for that, remember?). What is clear to me now is that Ichigo's current powers are not even remotely close to those he had post-dangai (before going Mugetsu, of course), so I am wondering: will he ever get back to be a trascendental being?
    Soon? Nope

Ever? ...well I was about to say that most likely yes - at the end of manga, but...

We know how much Kubo likes making new designs And I'm thinking about this possibility that if Ichigo is also part Quincy (as every arc, he got new race powers, and finishing with Quincy powers, he'd become the perfect transc. hybrid or something, and yep, I'm guessing Masaki was a Quincy), his powers will morph again and we'll get a new design, and even greater power or something. Even Aizen wasn't Yamamoto's level really, and BB seems to be that or higher.

ex oriente lux

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3