Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurogane by IKEZAWA Haruto

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurogane by IKEZAWA Haruto

It might be weird but the competition is a male kendo match so all the participants are male. And yeah, I thought Douji and Yuri were female too. So far the only female kendoka that was introduced was Shiratori. I think we can't be sure someone is a girl in this series unless it gets a pantyshot or something (lol).

And about the pacing, I think it's fine. I don't want this fights to be long enough that there won't be enough hype for their real match in the tournament.

Edit:

Spoiler show

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with raDar I think the pacing is fine, after all the 2nd man was basically an unknown fodder anyways its not as if I was expecting much from him. Moreover, given the outcome of the first 2 matches its pretty clear that they'd have to let the next two guys win so that Kurogane has a chance at fighting the captain, hence not much excitement. Frankly, I'd rather have his team mates matches finish sooner rather than later since the highlight will be Kurogane VS Youdaka that I'm looking forward to.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hangedman's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 15 chinese scan here

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Any new news about the next chapter? We are about to hit two weeks without a chapter. So far it has been pretty regular releases. Not complaining or anything, just wondering.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

The translator is on leave atm, so we haven't gotten translations for last week's chapter and this week's. Maybe we'll catch up with the upcoming break of WSJ.

---------- Post added December 18, 2011 at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was December 16, 2011 at 08:20 AM ----------

Hey wait, she actually had a spare time to do 15.
    http://clockworklies.com/releases/ku...chapter-15/867

7. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the hard work raDar~ Anycase the match was pretty much expected but I was more intrigued by the camaraderie forming between Shidou and Kurogane. Next match looks to be more exciting IMO since it doesn't seem as lopsided also I want to see just how far Shidou would go to fulfill his promise~. One thing I do worry for future matches is Shidou's injury acting up as too much a convenient handicap or excuse for his defeat I really wish the author would not go down the route of factoring or worrying about the injury too much - honestly I just wish it were healed sooner rather than later as I'd really rather have it done and over with.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see Kurogane even coming close to anything that can be considered a victory BUT I do think he will show something that probably only the top level kendo practitioners will notice and become wary of.

On this chapter, pretty standard. I liked seeing Kamiya's background (sort of); it was quite amusing

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

chapter 16 chinese scan here

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member hao-sama's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang, Kamiya must be filthy rich. Considering the fact that each shinai costs $20 at the very least (since they use these shinai in matches, i doubt they're the cheapest kind), he must buy them shinai in bulk.

I think the pacing is fine as it is. A shiai lasts for only five minutes after all, it wouldn't make sense for it to go on for too long. Since almost everyone are pretty much strangers right now, there's no room for internal drama (happens a lot in sports anime) right now. Maybe when we are further into the story, but not right now.

I do hope Kurogane scores a point. Might be a bit of stretch right now, considering he's still an amateur, but he does have that secret strategy up his sleeve. Also he's a bit of an unknown right now, so he's even more unpredictable for his opponents. I sure do think we'll be in for a treat during his match with Yodaka. At the very least, he'll do something interesting enough for the people at hakurei and rakuyou to pay attention at him.

Also, is it just me, or the people at Rakuyou won't be recording his match? After all, they assumed that he's just an abandoned taishou.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I secretly hope Kurogane scores a point too I'm so looking forward to the match, Kurogane has started to really grow on me.

Quote Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
    Also, is it just me, or the people at Rakuyou won't be recording his match? After all, they assumed that he's just an abandoned taishou.
    I think they would want to have Yodaka recorded as he's their biggest opponent.

ex oriente lux

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Yeah I secretly hope Kurogane scores a point too I'm so looking forward to the match, Kurogane has started to really grow on me.

god, I'm so pumped up for the next chapter, you have no idea how excited I am. xD I've reread it so many times these past few days because of that.

remember this?
    Spoiler show

i think they assume that it'll be just a meme (men & men) or a medo (men & do), and that the match will just be over in just 10 seconds since the opponent is just an abandoned general.

also Kurogane himself admitted to the guys at Rakuyou that he doesn't know much about kendo since he's just a beginner. When they realize that the match is actually worth recording, it'll be too late; :3

also I'm excited to see Yodaka's reaction to Kurogane. I hope he recognizes Kurogane's style. xD

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post

While it would be fun, I just can't see it. Yodaka even defended against the spirit's attack, so...I do expect Kurogane to pull out a cool looking move and we'll get some line like, "If he'd only been more experienced, he would've scored a point on me."

I think that they'll record their match against Yodaka, but not Kurogane's. Anyway, considering that Kurogane is the only one who actually has a chance (at any point) against Yodaka, I'm not even sure that I'd see the point in recording Yodaka's match at all. Everyone should be using the abandoned general tactic against Yodaka as it's not feasible for anyone except plot powered Kurogane to win against him in the end.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

jump next chapter chinese scan here

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurogane 17 Chinese raws

http://www.dm5.com/m97462/

Spoiler show
    Currently Reading:
    One Piece | Naruto | Bakuman | Nurarihyon no Mago | Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Kuroko no Basuke | Beelzebub | Medaka Box | Kurogane | Ao no Exorcist | Buyuden

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

ex oriente lux

New Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast