Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurogane by IKEZAWA Haruto

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hangedman's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kurogane by IKEZAWA Haruto

chapter 7 chinese scan here

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RyuzakiRen's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

ch 7 here

Lazy Ass Scans Looking for Translators for some mangas. Ecchi and Hentai too.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 2 Shock: Sasuke of this manga appears! And it's none other than... Cloud Strife?

It's not the best out there, but I find myself cheering for the main character. It's very similar to my stance to ST&RS, I was always interested in universe, and I always wanted to do kendo (if there was a club in my town, that is). Let's see what will happen with this.

ex oriente lux

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlaZin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 6 & 7 From Clockwork Lies here~ Enjoy!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I love this series. It's got that classic sports manga feel I grew up with and if it keep ranking like it did with the first chapter, I could see it becoming quite popular.

Chapter 7 has been out for awhile so if you haven't read it watch for spoilers I honestly didn't see the coach moving Kurogane to the back position though it wasn't a far stretch of the imagination. I'm picturing them losing the first practice match but it coming down to Kurogane and he gets close to winning but loses probably because of his lack of physical strength which will inspire him or something to do better.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shakes12's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

My Compass is on the Fritzz

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Negative Syndicate

After reading up to chapter 8, I'm beginning to think Kurogane might be WSM-type of sport manga. If if followed WSJ pace, then we should already see or started the parctice match.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    After reading up to chapter 8, I'm beginning to think Kurogane might be WSM-type of sport manga. If if followed WSJ pace, then we should already see or started the parctice match.
    Not necessarily...other Jump manga have taken a slower pace to get to the first match like Slam Dunk...that took forever (volume 3 I think). And even if it hasn't gotten to the matches yet, stylistically, it's still very much Jump-like in my opinion. Everything from the characters, the setup to get him into the club, and the ghost helping him out.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.

Negative Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Not necessarily...other Jump manga have taken a slower pace to get to the first match like Slam Dunk...that took forever (volume 3 I think). And even if it hasn't gotten to the matches yet, stylistically, it's still very much Jump-like in my opinion. Everything from the characters, the setup to get him into the club, and the ghost helping him out.
    I don't think Slam Dunk is good example, since it started about 20 years ago and the readers from now and 20 years ago are very different; plus, first eight volumes of Slam Dunk is mostly mixture of sport and delinquent manga.

The WSJ sport in late 2000s are pretty fast pace as compared to WSM's late 2000s sport series.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; October 23, 2011 at 04:59 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Slam Dunk is a fine example actually because, even though it was twenty years ago, it shows that sports manga can be done without only focusing on games. Most sport manga focus on the games/matches/fights that take place instead of other elements, even back when Slam Dunk was around. Kurogane is going to jump into the matches soon enough I'm sure, but maybe it'll be popular enough to not have to rely on them to stay alive like other series (...*cough* every sports series in Jump in the last five years *cough*)

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.

Negative Syndicate

I think Slam Dunk is a fine example actually because, even though it was twenty years ago, it shows that sports manga can be done without only focusing on games. Most sport manga focus on the games/matches/fights that take place instead of other elements, even back when Slam Dunk was around. Kurogane is going to jump into the matches soon enough I'm sure, but maybe it'll be popular enough to not have to rely on them to stay alive like other series (...*cough* every sports series in Jump in the last five years *cough*)
    Then, can you give me example for WSJ sport series not only focus on games from Slam Dunk to Kurogane?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Then, can you give me example for WSJ sport series not only focus on games from Slam Dunk to Kurogane?
    Well the obvious one's that come to mind are Rookies and Rokudenashi Blues. Now I recognize that there aren't many and the normal Jump sports style is game after game, my only point was that it's not that out of place in Jump because it hasn't had matches yet. It's still moving at a considerably faster pace than anything in Magazine, i.e. Area no Kishi (took forever to get going D.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.

Negative Syndicate

Well the obvious one's that come to mind are Rookies and Rokudenashi Blues. Now I recognize that there aren't many and the normal Jump sports style is game after game, my only point was that it's not that out of place in Jump because it hasn't had matches yet. It's still moving at a considerably faster pace than anything in Magazine, i.e. Area no Kishi (took forever to get going D.
    Rookies is one of few series that not only focus on sport, but Rookies was more like baseball-themed GTO/Gokusen. Rokudenashi doesn't count because I said series that started after Slam Dunk (I didn't specified clearly on that part), furthermore Rokudenashi is more cosider as delinquent manga rather than sport.

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlaZin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 8 is out from Clockwork Lies~ enjoy!

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RyuzakiRen's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

ch 8 and 9 here

Lazy Ass Scans Looking for Translators for some mangas. Ecchi and Hentai too.

New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast