Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noblesse: Chapter 202 Discussion/203 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse: Chapter 202 Discussion/203 Predictions

The Union guys gave us 'odinary persnon's' perspective on the recent events. Somebody is mass mudering people and leveling buildings, and it's all being covered up. They must feel under attack, and also distrustful towards their own superiors. Also, the'll planning to make a move soon, the question is - are they planning an attack on Nobles/Werewolves or a move against their own organization? Unfortunately the first is more likely, as Gejutel is warining the Lord against humans in the same chapter.

I agree with Asahina, that this might be a repeat of the M21 situation. The authors are not above following a pattern :P

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    well introducing a human party who isn't actually an enemy of Rai and Co. would be very interesting. Still it seems very likely that they would turn against all "foes" of Korea and see the whole Noble race as a dangerous threat.

Or maybe they really are just more Union dogs so far I like their appearance and I'm really looking forward to what organisation they actually belong to.

The way I understood it the Union was responsible for the fleet attack, so does that mean the Nobles are actually in contact with them and didn't notice that they were doing experiments in their back?
    The nobles and the humans have a treaty between themselves. So they have to have some means of communication with each other.
    I think the nobles have been aware that the humans have been doing experiments to gain powers similar to them but they really don't care unless it causes some-kind of problem or issue like the one with the mutant - vamp.

The woman, seems to have some nationalistic pride for Korea and seems rather upset that she cant do anything against the people responsible for attacking the homeland. They guy or her partner, appears to be tagging a long for the fun and doesn't come off as particularly caring for it, either way.
    Last edited by Charlie; September 20, 2011 at 04:00 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    I agree with Asahina, that this might be a repeat of the M21 situation. The authors are not above following a pattern :P
    I don't think that will be the pattern this time. Especially with Rael in the mix as a wildcard. I believe he's almost certainly headed toward Korea and i suspect he will do something that will force these Union Operatives to act and possibly into a position to get assisted by a certain group of people who don't think too highly of the little jerk.

Seira would probably be uncharacteristically eager for another chance to beat him like dusty rug.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 20, 2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^now that you mentioned it, Rael could indeed be the final catalyst between the Union and the Nobles. Since he didn't change his view on humans in general. Now imagine a pissed off Rael, who left Lukedonia due to him using his soul weapon on enhanced humans, would meet the female Union member... I can't wait for the upcoming chapters^^

Credits:Shinsatsu

8. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    ^now that you mentioned it, Rael could indeed be the final catalyst between the Union and the Nobles. Since he didn't change his view on humans in general. Now imagine a pissed off Rael, who left Lukedonia due to him using his soul weapon on enhanced humans, would meet the female Union member... I can't wait for the upcoming chapters^^
    Yeah, that's pretty much the scenario as i see it.

If Rael starts something the blow-back on Lukedonia is going to be huge, despite the fact that he has gone rogue on them. When you combine with that "the murders" that union woman spoke of and it's not much of a stretch to imagine the Union doing a little "nuclear testing" in Lukedonia.

----------------------

Another factor in all this is Lee Young-In. A beloved yet bitchy celebrity with a sudden, probably Raizel related, fondness for Sui and her friends. She's in the danger zone right now. If something "unfortunate" were to happened to her at the hands of somebody like Rael it would be the perfect rallying cry for anti-noble sentiment.

Which i personally hope does not happen. I love to see characters that are presented as spoiler, arrogant, and overbearing types to turn around and show they really aren't all bad. I think it would be cool if she actually did adopt the "big sis" role and i be a little sad if she just gets turned into the "sacrificial lamb".
    Last edited by Jammin; September 20, 2011 at 05:45 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Guys, it's actually pretty simple: Rai has been SLEEPING for over 800 years, while the other nobles didn't. Instead, they had to keep up with at least some changes in the human world (like languages, and Korean is no different from any other). Basically, they had 800 years to NATURALLY adapt to the changes in language of the human world, so it's not surprising at all that they speak Korean (since Lukedonia seems close to Korea). Rai was 800+ years behind.

Hope that solves your doubts!
    Lukedonia seems close to Korea? Then what was the reason for the airplane (the aerial area wasn't detectable?) Wasn't it said that Lukedonia is a place that is invisible on the outer part of it? Even if it is detectable - this doesn't mean that it isn't approachable in order to slip through the invisible-barrier.

We remember the time no one, including the current nobles (besides Gejutel and possibly Raskeria), knew about Raizel & Frankenstein's "forbidden region". Not only because of the previous Lord, but also because Frankenstein (or who ever used it last) placed an invisible barrier.

Damn, I want to write more to explain more reasoning. But time is against me.
    My point here is that I don't except the whole "Lukedonia is close to Korea" concept.
    There are hundreds of languages they could be speaking (since they've lived for such a long time). What makes the Korean language so special? For even the previous Lord to speak it. Was the Korean language really that old? I don't know what the author's exact intentions are regarding the language that is spoken in the manhwa, I just find it odd that something like this is in consistent.

There are other stuff I want to say regarding Jammin's take on the chapter; but later.
    I guess reading too much seinen genres has made me this way.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how close Lukedonina (in the Bermuda Triangle) is close to Korea, unless I look at a map.

Which is what I did, click the attachment for the larger version.

Untitledaaaa.png

bermuda2_i000114.jpg

Flight distance is roughly 7,710 miles / 12,408 km from Seoul South Korea to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Give or take a few for the exact locations, etc.

Quote Quote:
    There are hundreds of languages they could be speaking (since they've lived for such a long time). What makes the Korean language so special? For even the previous Lord to speak it
    I dont think in the Noblesse world the Korean language is special, other than its is what the Author speaks and the native readers.
    If Noblesse were a German, Japaneses, English comic, then Raizel, the noblese and everyone would speak that respective countries language.

I don't disagree that they've most likely mastered some human languages and such. Raizel managed to speak Korean after reading the minds of the local people there, if I recall correctly. I think Franky said something like 'Master can connect his mind with others'. Though don't quote me on that exact phrase.

Good questions again.
    Last edited by Charlie; September 22, 2011 at 01:34 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is interesting the new pair didn't say "Union", just higher ups. Since they kind of mixed the responsibility of the murders and the explosion, i assume they are a third party (Jake knew the murders were linked to m21 right?)!

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I think it is interesting the new pair didn't say "Union", just higher ups. Since they kind of mixed the responsibility of the murders and the explosion, i assume they are a third party (Jake knew the murders were linked to m21 right?)!
    Jake knew and was involved in the murder that occured in the hospital, when he let the infected rampage there. Aside from him and M-21 Dr. Combel knows of that too. But he will keep that information for himself....I honestly don't think that they're a third party otherwise they wouldn't find out about the murder incident due to Frankenstein or Rai using Mind Control. That's I think that they got there information from the Union itself which was of course limited.

Credits:Shinsatsu

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

But if they are not a third party, it is pretty stupid think that nobles would murder normal people! Even if they are agents of the Union with limited info....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    But if they are not a third party, it is pretty stupid think that nobles would murder normal people! Even if they are agents of the Union with limited info....
    Well the lower you are the less you're told. I wouldn't be surprised if they thought badly of Nobles. Suppose the higher ups they speak of come from not the union but another race? Werewolves - perhaps? The more I look at the new characters, they appear more to be wolfish in nature (appearance).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tirache's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Suppose the higher ups they speak of come from not the union but another race? Werewolves - perhaps? The more I look at the new characters, they appear more to be wolfish in nature (appearance).
    that's a pretty interesting approach and i love it but their concern for human make it difficult to believe. their talks make them look like government official like the Union or a third party private or part the government who is suspicious of the Union anyway it seem more like one of those two .

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobles always behave somehow....
    It's surprising they refused being in the modeling agency.

24. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2