Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: How strong do you think the Union Operatives are compared to M-21?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stronger

3 50.00%
  • Weaker

0 0%
  • About the same

3 50.00%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 202 Review

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 202 Review

No character spotlight this week since nobody stood out. I liked the way the predictions section came out last week so I'm keeping that format the same for the time being. As always, if there is some way I can make my reviews more enjoyable for you let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Tsk, tsk, tsk, Frankenstein you've been naughty.

This week's chapter starts out with a sudden transition to Lukedonia where Rael has apparently run off, and Rashkreia is stuck dealing with a tenuous political situation between the Lukedonia and Union after their ill fated attack. Matters seem to have been further complicated by the all damage that occurred when Rael botched the task of retrieving Seira.

Meanwhile back in Korea, it's a day after Sui's photo-shoot and everybody's back at school. As soon as Sui arrives she starts telling them about the "fuss" that happened at the studio after they all left. As expected they wanted to turn Regis, Seira, and Raizel into models, but more interestingly she describes a drastic change in Lee Young-In's behavior. She becomes not only nice but even going so far as to tell Sui to call her Unni (older sister). It takes Shin Woo and Ikhan all of 2 seconds to figure out why. Then they both glance at Raizel and laugh.

A bit later, when they are all seated in class, the teacher mentions the buildings destroyed by Rael and Frankenstein; naming the cause as a series of gas explosions and telling everyone to be careful on the way home.

Some distance away, at the scene of the "gas explosions", a man and a woman from the Union are observing the cleanup. The woman is enraged by the damage the nobles caused and is frustrated at not being permitted to go after those responsible. The man just stands there and tells her to calm down "It is not the time...yet."

Chapter Review

So we know they can dress stylishly, but can they fight?

Substance
    You can see the beginnings of the next arc in this chapter. Tensions between the nobles and the Union are heating up and sooner or later they are going to ignite. With the #1 human hater and general douche-bag Rael running around, doing god-knows-what, a disaster is now imminent. Especially with people like that Union woman chomping at the bit to visit some righteous wrath upon the nobles.

I'm a little eager to find out just what these operatives can do. They seem to know about the nobles and, judging from the fact that they are standing over the rubble that resulted from one of their conflicts, must be aware of what they are capable of yet did not seem particularly frightened at the idea of fighting them. Is that lack of fear an indicator of strength or of ignorance?

Another interesting thing in this chapter is the talk about Lee Young-In's change in demeanor. I'm not sure where she fits into all this, but i think we will be seeing a lot more of her. I'm a little concerned she might turn into the tipping point between the union and the nobles. If she ever ran into Rael, with her personality and his lack of restraint, it's pretty easy to imagine him attacking her; and that would be high profile enough to trigger a conflict.

Presentation
    The transition from the photo-shoot was a bit sudden for my liking but I like seeing Raskreia and nobles so much that it makes me willing to forgive just about anything. Besides that though, I thought the rest was well paced and tightly structured; with 3 separate and clearly defined parts (The Nobles, The School, and The Union Operatives).

As for the art, I would call it about average. Nothing spectacular but nothing that stands out as bad either. I suppose I did like the character design of the female union operative a good bit, she has a simplistic but very distinctive look from other characters in the series, but that's more of a matter of personal taste than it is artistic quality.

Final Rating
    Aside from a knee-jerk transition out of the photo-shoot, I think this was a good overall chapter. It kept the central focus on Raizel and his schoolmates, while it displayed the dangerous undercurrents between the Nobles and the Union.

I give this chapter a 4 out of 5

My 3 Predictions
    • The female operative from the Union will eventually end up on Raizel's side, like M-21 and the others.
    • Rael will show up at Raizel's school seeking revenge on him and his human friends.
    • The Union guy with the cigarette is going to turn out to be evil, and most likely one of Crombell's men.

Thread Questions of the Week
    Who do you think is going to set off conflict between the Union and the Lukedonia?
    How do you think that person will do it?
    Last edited by Jammin; September 20, 2011 at 05:09 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 202 Review

nice review, i also think Rael will do some bullshit soon.
    but the Union ain't ready to start a conflict with the Noble, unless they understand how to get soul weapon, like Frank did. But Crombell have Frankenstein search data, maybe he will manage to pull out something or to become like Frankenstein.
    Last edited by scav; September 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Who do you think is going to set off conflict between the Union and the Lukedonia?
    How do you think that person will do it?
    I think that is most likely Rael. Knowing what he thinks of humans, I think he will do something stupid again.
    If the Union managed to capture or hurt Rael, Rajak would go insane and kill everything in sight (maybe).

Nice review again - J.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a bit off topic but who do you think is stronger? the guy and girl who were just introduced or real? Or do you think Rai will do something about it instead?

Personally, I think the story will soon accerlate, since it is going a lot slower than it was during Noble vs Rai arc.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    This is a bit off topic but who do you think is stronger? the guy and girl who were just introduced or real? Or do you think Rai will do something about it instead?

Personally, I think the story will soon accerlate, since it is going a lot slower than it was during Noble vs Rai arc.
    My guess is Rael.

If they do get into a straight up fight with Rael i doubt things would go well for the Union people because in the past nobody weaker than Seira has been shown to be able to handle him. Rael has a soul weapon(or half of one) and i don't think anything we've seen from the humans can compete with that. So barring some super-upgrade that put's the 2 human operatives at close to her level, he will have to ultimately be dealt with by somebody from Raizel's group of friends.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Another interesting thing in this chapter is the talk about Lee Young-In's change in demeanor. I'm not sure where she fits into all this, but i think we will be seeing a lot more of her. I'm a little concerned she might turn into the tipping point between the union and the nobles. If she ever ran into Rael, with her personality and his lack of restraint, it's pretty easy to imagine him attacking her; and that would be high profile enough to trigger a conflict.
    Interesting theory, Jammin. Very possible, considering how a rebellious boy Rael is. He would do something which attract lots of attention. Somehow I also feel his dislike towards other nobles (with the exception of his brother) so he might even turn that model into a vampire, perhaps. Nobles are real vampires, right? Unlike the experiments, they can actually inflict people. I wonder if we would see it someday in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Who do you think is going to set off conflict between the Union and the Lukedonia? How do you think that person will do it?
    This question is hard to answer. Jammin's post above made me think that Rael would do something which displeased both nobles and humans and will cause misunderstanding between them. On the other side, I think Crombel would also try to get his influence to bring more humans to investigate Lukedonia, and would use any chance and reason to make an attack to Lukedonia.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply