Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Noblesse: Chapter 202 Discussion/203 Predictions

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse: Chapter 202 Discussion/203 Predictions

This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Noblesse!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
    For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show
    Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

• * Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out.
    • Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

---------- Post added September 19, 2011 at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was September 12, 2011 at 10:24 PM ----------

New chapter is out~ Find it at Naver by clicking here.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by phio_chan; September 19, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse: Chapter 202 Discussion/203 Predictions

New chapter is up, didnt seem like much happened. The new villains were introduced.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice character design on the new Union reps. Otherwise seems quite boring.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess about the new duo: members of anti-Union human organization *.*
    Time for some allies!

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: 202 Short translation / Summary show

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Nice character design on the new Union reps. Otherwise seems quite boring.
    Am I the only one who finds it odd that the Nobles speak to each other in the Korean language? Wasn't Raizel unfamiliar with the Korean language when he was interacting for the first time? He even spoke his name in an unfamiliar way. Was it just to entice us into liking his character? Why isn't this part of the story consistent?

Quote Quote:
    Spoiler show

What should be represented as their Noble language? English? Italian? Latin? Some other European languages?
    Because Nobles speaking Korean for no exact reason just doesn't seem believable....
    The character designs for the new Union reps looks like something out of the Matrix movie. It would have been cool if they had a female agent in that movie. Do you think the reps have any supernatural powers? Or are they just ordinary government people covering up unexplained issues?

I don't know why, but I feel that one of them will die. This situation reminds me of two previous characters who were sent by some organization "to do something."

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Asahina; September 19, 2011 at 07:17 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

About the language, you've brought up another good point but for me its not really surprising. Reason being, the author cant really invest time to add a foreign language or give depth to it. Since the audience is Koren and its has to be written for them to be able to understand the dialogue. I think Raizel spoke originally with a bizarre amount of characters for a couple lines before speaking Korean.

If this was real life, then we can expect them to do so and we'd be all like... what the heck is he saying, etc. However story wise, its not really possible unless the author goes that deep enough to create a noble language or even master a foreign language. Now if you imagine the amount of time it would take to invest in all that, it's pretty much impossible.

The same concept exists for other countries. I recall seeing animes where someone is supposed to be American but speaks in fluent Japanese. And I recall thinking isn't he or she supposed to be American or foreigners.

So like the old saying goes, When in Rome, do as the Romans.

Good points about the new characters. I cant wait to see how they fit into the story. I hope they dont die quickly though. They story is beginning to pick again at the end and my curiosity is rising once again. Rael is also missing, I wonder if he ran off on his own or if he has been captured like I originally thought by a group of Crombells men that has managed to evade detection and return with a noble.

I'm ready for the next chapter.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    Time for some allies!
    Or simply another 'workers' for the Union. *shrugs* I don't really think Rai and his friends would get a help from a specific anti-Union organization, though it is sure an interesting idea! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Asahina View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it odd that the Nobles speak to each other in the Korean language? Wasn't Raizel unfamiliar with the Korean language when he was interacting for the first time? He even spoke his name in an unfamiliar way. Was it just to entice us into liking his character? Why isn't this part of the story consistent?
    Nice point there. In my opinion, after thinking about the situation, I think it was mentioned somewhere by Frank that Rai has an exceptional skill in adapting to the language of the place where he resides at. I think that is what also happens to Regis and Seira. Now why would he talk in Korean with other nobles? One theory could be what Charlie said, that the author didn't have the time to compose nobles' own language. I also think that perhaps they do have their own language, but in this case the author already translated it to Korean for the readers for an easier understanding. No idea. XD

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

thank for the summary charle, this chapter look interesting

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse chapter 202 Scans are out from EG scans. Get it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by natli View Post
    Time for some allies!
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    thank for the summary charle, this chapter look interesting
    Np and I agree.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner tirache's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Noblesse: Chapter 202 Discussion/203 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Asahina View Post

I don't know why, but I feel that one of them will die. This situation reminds me of two previous characters who were sent by some organization "to do something."

Spoiler show
    who reminds me my previous post of wanting the introduction of a new female charactere in Rai Knight a enhanced human like mary and she seem to be the one
    Spoiler show

i'm totally agree with you Asahina and the guy seem to be likely the one who will die. the girl would fit well in Rai knight and by judging her words she seem to be the righteous type, she might be the one i was waiting for to integre Rai knight. but Rael situation right now make me wonder who will integre Rai knight in the end?.

Quote Quote:
    Do you think the reps have any supernatural powers? Or are they just ordinary government people covering up unexplained issues?
    i think their power might be phenomenal(maybe equal to Krans or more), because it felt as if Rai detected their presence (Rai last panel)or maybe i read too much in the panel . and the way the guy talk about patience, seem as if the Union had enough power now to wage war against the clan leaders. look like this season will be very intertaining.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Nice point there. In my opinion, after thinking about the situation, I think it was mentioned somewhere by Frank that Rai has an exceptional skill in adapting to the language of the place where he resides at. I think that is what also happens to Regis and Seira. Now why would he talk in Korean with other nobles? One theory could be what Charlie said, that the author didn't have the time to compose nobles' own language. I also think that perhaps they do have their own language, but in this case the author already translated it to Korean for the readers for an easier understanding. No idea. XD

Guys, it's actually pretty simple: Rai has been SLEEPING for over 800 years, while the other nobles didn't. Instead, they had to keep up with at least some changes in the human world (like languages, and Korean is no different from any other). Basically, they had 800 years to NATURALLY adapt to the changes in language of the human world, so it's not surprising at all that they speak Korean (since Lukedonia seems close to Korea). Rai was 800+ years behind.

Hope that solves your doubts!

20. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Spoiler show
    well introducing a human party who isn't actually an enemy of Rai and Co. would be very interesting. Still it seems very likely that they would turn against all "foes" of Korea and see the whole Noble race as a dangerous threat.

Or maybe they really are just more Union dogs so far I like their appearance and I'm really looking forward to what organisation they actually belong to.

The way I understood it the Union was responsible for the fleet attack, so does that mean the Nobles are actually in contact with them and didn't notice that they were doing experiments in their back?

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My weekly review is up for any who are interested.

Pretty interesting chapter. Looks like the Union and Nobles are getting right back to business.

I find it especially interesting that the female Union operative blamed Nobles for "the murders". That seems like it's most likely referring to the murders that the mutant caused, which were primarily Crombel's fault with his crazy research. That indicates to me that she could turn into an ally given the right circumstances.
    Last edited by Jammin; September 20, 2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast