Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MangaHelpers Community Awards 2011 Info Thread - Results and Feedback

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

MangaHelpers Community Awards 2011 Info Thread - Results and Feedback

MangaHelpers Community Awards is an annual event included in MangaHelpers birthday celebration. The awards given here are dedicated as appreciation to members of MangaHelpers who have helped in building MangaHelpers into what it is today.

MangaHelpers Community Awards will be done in form of polling and will have various categories. All categories, however, will generally follow the system described below.

Spoiler: Polling System show

Spoiler: Polling Schedule show

Prizes given to you if you win the polling:
    • The winner (the first place; member with highest number of votes) will receive an award and will be given a custom user title based on the category he/she wins.
    What is a campaign?
    In this event, you are allowed to campaign for yourself. You are allowed to encourage other members to nominate for you during the nomination round or to vote for you during the voting round. However, there are certain things to note for this process.
    • All campaigns must be done publicly at MangaHelpers website. You are not allowed to campaign via PM or external websites.
    • You are allowed to campaign for yourself at your own thread and category threads. Campaign-related posts at Fun Forum is allowed, but it is not allowed at other sections (non-spam sections), especially series discussion sections.
    • The method of campaigning should still follow the forum rules and etiquette.
    What categories are available for MangaHelpers Community Awards 2011?
    This year we offer 16 categories for members and staff to compete in. They are divided based on permissions of which member groups may join which categories. It is fully described as following:

Spoiler show

Please refer to each category's thread to get a detailed explanation of what the category is about, who may participate, and specific updates of the categories.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask it to us by replying on this thread.

Remember that the Forum Rules and general etiquette applies in the event. Violation of the Forum Rules can lead to disqualification and disallowance to participate in the event.

Enjoy the awards and have fun!

---------- Post added September 20, 2011 at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was September 12, 2011 at 11:13 PM ----------

Update about nominating:
    You are now allowed to nominate through private message (PM) if you are shy to share your vote with the public. Feel free to send me or 3c a message about your nominations. The rules are still the same: you can only nominate for three members for each category. You can't send us another nomination PM if you have made three nominations at the thread publicly.

Spoiler: List of Winners of All Categories show
    Last edited by phio_chan; October 17, 2011 at 09:01 AM.

2. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MangaHelpers Community Awards 2011 Information Thread

Please excuse me for posting here but I need to do this here so that I don't repeat myself constantly in more than one category thread. First of all, really cool idea with the community awards. I think it's a nice change and an interesting concept that can develop over time.

Secondly, I would like to thank everyone for there nominations. I'm sure many of you have similar thoughts but please don't get offended or upset if you feel that I don't show you any appreciation or "return the favour" so to speak. As if I did, vote for you just because you voted for me then it would potentially ruin the whole purpose of this event. Nominations are limited so it'll be tricky for many of us to decide on just three for each category. I hope the majority of people (especially, the FF'ers whom I know the most on a day to day basis online) respect each users nominations and not take it to heart.

Arigatou~
    Last edited by Bugzee; September 25, 2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: typo ><

4. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

^^Wise words

I'm curious about the campaigns...I'm interested in how far will people go, and how creative can they be...I'm looking forward to some witty slogans and banners

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nomination round has ended!
    Thank you very much for your participation.

The status of all categories is now break for campaign. We decided to change the system of the awards and skip the second round of nomination because there are not too many names and categories need to go through that round. That means that you can now campaign for yourself so other members would vote for you. Remember, all campaigns must be done publicly at MangaHelpers forum only, and you can make use of your own thread, the category thread you are nominated in, or Fun Forum but not series discussion areas.

Refer to each category thread's OP for information about official nominees.
    The break for campaign will end on September 28th, 2011 at approximately 10 PM (timezone: GMT+7).

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Coffee~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    What is a campaign?
    In this event, you are allowed to campaign for yourself. You are allowed to encourage other members to nominate for you during the nomination round or during the voting round. However, there are certain things to note for this process.
    Ok this sorta throws me off a bit, the nomination is over, so why would we campaign for people to nominate for us??

(Can we change our sigs to campaign for ourselves???)

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Coffee~ View Post
    Ok this sorta throws me off a bit, the nomination is over, so why would we campaign for people to nominate for us??

(Can we change our sigs to campaign for ourselves???)
    Hmm, looks like some words were missing. XD What I meant was that it is okay to campaign so that members would nominate for you during the nomination round, and vote for you during the voting round. Sorry about that! ^^;

And sure, you can use your signature to campaign for yourself.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Errrm... I just wanted to point out, that even though the rules clearly say, that it is possible to vote only for 4 members in the first voting round, speaking theoratically, people could vote for 5,6 or even all of the possible candidates. I'm not saying that possible trolls will do this, but isn't there a way to overcome this somehow?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Break for campaign has ended!
    Thank you very much for your participation.

The status of all categories is now voting round 1.
    During this round, you can vote for maximum four names at once. You can still campaign for yourself too. All campaigns must be done publicly at your own thread, the category thread you are nominated in, or Fun Forum but not series discussion areas.

Refer to the OP for information about voting and deadline.
    The first voting round will end on October 3rd, 2011 at approximately 10 PM (timezone: GMT+7).

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Errrm... I just wanted to point out, that even though the rules clearly say, that it is possible to vote only for 4 members in the first voting round, speaking theoratically, people could vote for 5,6 or even all of the possible candidates. I'm not saying that possible trolls will do this, but isn't there a way to overcome this somehow?
    Yes, alpha, we are aware of that. The most we can do, because there is no way to limit someone's vote, is to look through who make the votes and make sure that no one votes for more than 4 names. I would like to encourage you guys not to vote for more than 4 names as well, to make things easier for all of us. ^^

In case you guys wonder that 'Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.' but you can't see anything, the poll is made so for moderators to see who votes for who (to make sure that members only vote for 4 names). But then it won't be fun (and perhaps could hurt someone) if other members can see who votes for who, right? So the result is hidden.
    Last edited by phio_chan; September 28, 2011 at 10:31 AM.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops! I wasn't aware of that 4 names thing so I knocked my self out on the voting system. you can however disregard the additional votes above four. Sorry!
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, you can limit the multiple choices to four votes when making a new poll. When it tells you the number of selection you can do, just do one (if it's only for one) or four (if you want votes to be able to vote for four things). I can clarify with screenshots if need be.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a question, you said all polls would be public, but why do some of the polls hide our votes?

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha aren't ballots supposed to be private though?
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Actually, you can limit the multiple choices to four votes when making a new poll. When it tells you the number of selection you can do, just do one (if it's only for one) or four (if you want votes to be able to vote for four things). I can clarify with screenshots if need be.
    As far as I know such option does not exist. But because I'm not very sure about technical things like that, I would leave it for someone more experienced than me to answer it. XD

Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    I've got a question, you said all polls would be public, but why do some of the polls hide our votes?
    I had answered above, to be honest:

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan
    In case you guys wonder that 'Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.' but you can't see anything, the poll is made so for moderators to see who votes for who (to make sure that members only vote for 4 names). But then it won't be fun (and perhaps could hurt someone) if other members can see who votes for who, right? So the result is hidden.
    But does it only apply for certain polls? You can see the results of some polls?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    But does it only apply for certain polls? You can see the results of some polls?
    I can see the results of every poll o__o thought you had changed it because I couldn't see the results before

Moderator message by: phio_chan
    Checking them all, thanks for reporting! kdowns too.
    Last edited by phio_chan; September 29, 2011 at 08:44 AM.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Errrm... just saying that I can see all the results as well

Maybe this will help you somehow in your interogation of this matter?

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast