Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 59: Translation
    Chapter 60: Translation
    Chapter 61: Translation
    Last edited by Kaoz; September 26, 2011 at 12:42 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

Thanks Chaos for posting the RAWS. Finally, after the first string domination, the middle schoolers are starting the long-awaited comeback.

Niou being able to synchro with the mutsu twins is amazing, and this makes another method to defeat synchro (the other ones are by overpowering it and maybe the Mouuju No Synchro used by Chitose and Tachibana). If Niou can read their moves and toughts, I don't know how the mutsu are going to overcome it. They only choice is maybe play without using synchro, but if that happens, they will lose badly. I think it's safe to assume that Niou and Oishi are going to win this match, yeah, I think the mutsu twins are going to get serious and all, but in the end, victory will be for Oishi and Niou.

Momo used black jack knife, I was expecting him using it. Kenya will get another power-up in this match, maybe he increases his speed and the speed of his own shots, making them so fast that Taira and Hara can't return them. I don't know how are they going to return black jack knife, but that move broke Momo's wrists. Is Konomi making them forfeit because they can't play due to their wrists condition?.

Yanagi lost, everybody supposed he was going to win, but he is way out of Akuto's league. I just hope that Inui defeats him, since he was analyzing him during Yanagi's match and his winning chances are higher than Renji's, so maybe he can defeat him. I'm curious about what power-up will Inui get.

Also, introducing the No.10, 9 and 8 was also great, but No.4 (Ryoga?) is unknown at the moment. I hope that in the next chapters, the other members of the BJB Brigade make a comeback. Yukimura and Irie's matches are still on hold, we have to see how they are doing.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; September 13, 2011 at 08:13 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Momo used black jack knife, I was expecting him using it. Kenya will get another power-up in this match, maybe he increases his speed and the speed of his own shots, making them so fast that Taira and Hara can't return them. I don't know how are they going to return black jack knife, but that move broke Momo's wrists. Is Konomi making them forfeit because they can't play due to their wrists condition?.
    Momo's BJK allowed them to overcome Taira's Bakyuun, so I assume it's up to Kenya to stop Hara.

I doubt that Taira and Hara have to forfeit, it looks like they let go of their rackets in time. Overall, I think the match's development will be that Hara reads Momo's and Kenya's shots, and hits them so that Momo can't reach them. That way Kenya has to increase his speed in order to return Moukohan and create a setup for Momo.

Yanagi lost, everybody supposed he was going to win, but he is way out of Akuto's league. I just hope that Inui defeats him, since he was analyzing him during Yanagi's match and his winning chances are higher than Renji's, so maybe he can defeat him. I'm curious about what power-up will Inui get.
    Well, I figured that Inui would do something, just him taking over is a bit unexpected. I guess one could argue that having Inui lose would make the whole switch somewhat pointless.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My translations for chapters 59, 60, and 61:

Spoiler show

Notice how Renji vs. Akuto = Inui vs. Renji at the Kanto Finals.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; September 13, 2011 at 10:21 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    My translations for chapters 59, 60, and 61:

Spoiler show

Notice how Renji vs. Akuto = Inui vs. Renji at the Kanto Finals.
    Yeah, I knew Yanagi wouldnt win.
    Although Im unsure about Inui winning though.

Since Yanagi and Inui have been depicted as equal, Ill be confused a little if Konomi has Inui defeat someone who crushed Yanagi.

Im more excited about waiting for the Yukimura match outcome though.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Yeah, I knew Yanagi wouldnt win.
    Although Im unsure about Inui winning though.

Since Yanagi and Inui have been depicted as equal, Ill be confused a little if Konomi has Inui defeat someone who crushed Yanagi.

Im more excited about waiting for the Yukimura match outcome though.
    I'm also looking foward to Yukimura. I want to know how he's going to supress yips. After all, he has to make it to the first string, he is one of the strongest and can't lose to a guy who only reflects things, that's useless. When Yuki awakes and gets out of the yips, he will crush Fuwa.

Kawamura and Kabaji is what confuses me, I don't know how they're going to survive the Danji no Natsu and make a comeback

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also looking foward to Yukimura. I want to know how he's going to supress yips. After all, he has to make it to the first string, he is one of the strongest and can't lose to a guy who only reflects things, that's useless. When Yuki awakes and gets out of the yips, he will crush Fuwa.
    Yukimura probably won't achieve Flawless Unity, as it goes against his very character. He's probably going to suppress the Yips by simply breaking out of it; the Yips is his technique. It's not as if the opponent is actually losing their senses - it's a hallucination, as seen during his match with Ryoma, who "regained" his own senses via Flawless Unity. Yukimura knows how to work under hardships more than anyone else in the series. It's said that God places those he loves through harsh trials. Yukimura has already been through one trial: his hospitalization. That's why he's the Child of God/the Demigod. Getting out of the Yips, or working under the Yips is expected.

Quote Quote:
    Kawamura and Kabaji is what confuses me, I don't know how they're going to survive the Danji no Natsu and make a comeback
    Power tennis matches in this series are simply surreal games of "I'll send you flying even higher!" The winner will be the pair who can knock their opponents out of the solar system.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Yukimura probably won't achieve Flawless Unity, as it goes against his very character. He's probably going to suppress the Yips by simply breaking out of it; the Yips is his technique. It's not as if the opponent is actually losing their senses - it's a hallucination, as seen during his match with Ryoma, who "regained" his own senses via Flawless Unity. Yukimura knows how to work under hardships more than anyone else in the series. It's said that God places those he loves through harsh trials. Yukimura has already been through one trial: his hospitalization. That's why he's the Child of God/the Demigod. Getting out of the Yips, or working under the Yips is expected.

Power tennis matches in this series are simply surreal games of "I'll send you flying even higher!" The winner will be the pair who can knock their opponents out of the solar system.

I didn't say that he has to get Tenimuhou, but instead breaking yips using willpower or getting a new aura instead. I wouldn't like to see him getting black aura like Sanada did, but a new aura or technique. I agree with you that he understands his own move and that he will break through it somehow, but I would like to see him achieving something new and awesome.

And about kawa and Kabaji, yeah, they will send them to the outer space and kill them

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Im kinda scared how far Konomi is gonna go lol.

Tooyama VS Hakamada. There is too much bloodshed for it to be called Tennis.

Kawamura may be able to feel the heat of the clouds he's so high up in the sky.

Fuwa blinked and now Yukimura is blind.

Niou has Synchronized with his opponents.

The only normal matches are Taira/Hara VS Momoshiro/Kenya and Irie VS Akiba.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those last two wont be normal for much longer lol.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Its scaring me haha

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I love these chapters. And I will say it again: Niou-Oishi is perfect. They are 2 of my TOP 5 Favourite players

I think that all the Original PoT players are going to win. All of them lost their last matches and really need a win. The only exception is Yukimira, but he is too awesome to lose VS Number 20
    So Proud to be Spanish:
    World and Europe Champion of Football.Real Madrid Best Team Ever,has 10 Champions League
    Rafael Nadal, tennis player with the Golden Slam( 4 Grand Slam and Gold Olympic Medal)
    Europe Champion and Olympic Subchampion of Basketball,Pau Gasol Champion of the NBA '09,'10

F.Alonso, World Champion in '05 and '06, #1 of Ferrari
    Jorge Lorenzo, Alberto Contador, Adam Raga...
    ¡Viva España!

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    I love these chapters. And I will say it again: Niou-Oishi is perfect. They are 2 of my TOP 5 Favourite players

I think that all the Original PoT players are going to win. All of them lost their last matches and really need a win. The only exception is Yukimira, but he is too awesome to lose VS Number 20
    That's what I also think, except for Renji, everybody needs to win, and I think they're gonna do it. I don't think Konomi is so crazy to make some of them lose, it wouldn't make any sense

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MochiRoll's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapters are very good.

Niou synchronizing with the Mutsu twins is just crazy cool. It never occurred my mind. But I am glad with this unexpected move.

So this is Momo's comeback match from his defeat in Oni's hands. I pretty much thought that he would have some power ups but I didn't really expect that it would be this early. I just wonder how powerful his BJK is compared to Oni's. Momo's BJK broke the strings of those rackets, Oni's broke his wrist.

Inui. I really have such high trust for the guy. He had been playing doubles for most of the times in PoT 1 when he is actually a much better singles player. I hope that this is his chance to show his skills more.

I can assume that Niou-Oishi pair can win...Momo-Kenya also have their possibility. Yukimura, I don't know how, but he would win. It would be such a disappointment for his character to lose.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

lets not get too sure.
    A lot of ppl here thought Yanagi would win and he got annihalated.

Though Yukimura is definete win.

Im really on edge for Irie VS Akiba though.

If Akiba wins, then the whole ranking system would fall through.

Irie >> Atobe. If Akiba > Irie and he is just No.20, then it means the rest of the 1st Stringers are SERIOUSLY just playing at the weakest level right now. and when they get serious the 2nd Stringers are dead.

I think Irie has to win.
    Considering he broke down Atobe for fun and took 6 straight games, gave him a 5-0 handicap, could have won the match whenever he wanted and let it be a draw, if the No.20 can defeat a guy like that then the rest of the characters have absolutely no hope.

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast