Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 61

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #31
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    But Atobe's fast learning of Higuma Otoshi and Viking Horn cant be compared to Muga, considering how Chitose and Echizen used a variety of ppls shots.

    I also doubt Konomi will let Yuki open a door.
    Just curious now.
    Really waiting on that match.

  2. #32
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Viking horn was pretty weird...but Higuma otoshi isn't that surprising..Oshitari can do it too, I'm certain he's seen it enough times in practice.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  3. #33
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    I wasnt saying Higuma Otoshi was surprising, considering his team mate uses it just as much as Fuji.
    Its just that Brandnewkid was comparing it to Muga.
    Muga is completely on another level. Its just that Atobe is freakin awesome.

    Does anyone else think that Irie wont lose to Akiba?

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I wasnt saying Higuma Otoshi was surprising, considering his team mate uses it just as much as Fuji.
    Its just that Brandnewkid was comparing it to Muga.
    Muga is completely on another level. Its just that Atobe is freakin awesome.

    Does anyone else think that Irie wont lose to Akiba?
    I agree with you that atobe is amazing. I think that Irie will rape Akiba you know, he is much better than him and can't lose to No.20. He and Yukimura are going to win, making them lose wouldn't be fitting for them as they're much better players.

    I just see that Akiba is weaker than Irie but I don't know why Irie pretended. He has to go all-out now to defeat him. He should have done this at the beggining of the match

  5. #35
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Its just that Atobe is freakin awesome.
    My name and avatar should say as much lol. I don't think/want Irie to lose...that other guy is obviously looking down on him and "thinks" he knows Irie's game quite well. So this is grudge match of sorts.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  6. #36
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    My name and avatar should say as much lol. I don't think/want Irie to lose...that other guy is obviously looking down on him and "thinks" he knows Irie's game quite well. So this is grudge match of sorts.
    Yeah I just remembered haha.

    I really hope Irie wins otherwise Konomi will have completely DEVALUED Atobe.
    Since he let Irie completely walk over somebody as strong as Atobe.
    Which should mean Irie is incredibly strong.

    Coz anybody that can walk over Atobe is crazy strong. So if Akiba wins then Konomi has A LOT of explaining to do.

    Has Hara Tetsuya done anything yet? Coz im still waiting for him and Taira Yoshiyuki to show what makes the No.19 and No.18.
    Coz I know String breaking seems amazing, but Momoshiro has shown that Power can overcome that.

    So for example, what makes Ishida Gin weaker than Taira Yoshiyuki?
    Taira has shown no BIG ability besides a powerful Laserbeam.
    Surely he needs something else that made him be chosen well above Tokugawa, Nakagauchi, Miyako, etc.

    and as for Hara, Im still waiting for some kind of awesome move from him. If Date can send ppl into the air, and Hakamada's shot falls like a comet, Im hoping he is given a killer shot too.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; September 24, 2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: I double posted by accident

  7. #37
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    The racket strings breaking is...eh im tired of him using that to show a players power it's getting old.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  8. #38
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Ikr, I really hope Konomi will give Hara and Tetsuya another technique each that shows why they are Top20.

  9. #39
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,139
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Has Hara Tetsuya done anything yet? Coz im still waiting for him and Taira Yoshiyuki to show what makes the No.19 and No.18.
    Coz I know String breaking seems amazing, but Momoshiro has shown that Power can overcome that.
    I'm nitpicking here, but it seems to be a special property of the Black Jack Knife, rather than power in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    So for example, what makes Ishida Gin weaker than Taira Yoshiyuki?
    Taira has shown no BIG ability besides a powerful Laserbeam.
    Surely he needs something else that made him be chosen well above Tokugawa, Nakagauchi, Miyako, etc.
    Stats probably. Also, assuming that preventing the strings from breaking is indeed a property of BJK, Gin couldn't even hit a Hadokyuu against it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    and as for Hara, Im still waiting for some kind of awesome move from him. If Date can send ppl into the air, and Hakamada's shot falls like a comet, Im hoping he is given a killer shot too.
    Hara has that fast smash, Moukohan, if you want to count that.

  10. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Yeah I just remembered haha.

    I really hope Irie wins otherwise Konomi will have completely DEVALUED Atobe.
    Since he let Irie completely walk over somebody as strong as Atobe.
    Which should mean Irie is incredibly strong.

    Coz anybody that can walk over Atobe is crazy strong. So if Akiba wins then Konomi has A LOT of explaining to do.

    Has Hara Tetsuya done anything yet? Coz im still waiting for him and Taira Yoshiyuki to show what makes the No.19 and No.18.
    Coz I know String breaking seems amazing, but Momoshiro has shown that Power can overcome that.

    So for example, what makes Ishida Gin weaker than Taira Yoshiyuki?
    Taira has shown no BIG ability besides a powerful Laserbeam.
    Surely he needs something else that made him be chosen well above Tokugawa, Nakagauchi, Miyako, etc.

    and as for Hara, Im still waiting for some kind of awesome move from him. If Date can send ppl into the air, and Hakamada's shot falls like a comet, Im hoping he is given a killer shot too.
    Taira has shown his Bakyuun, Hara his Moukohan. That, combined with their stats makes them No.19 and No.18. Black Jack Knife is too much for them, I don't think they're going to overcome it, maybe they will start avoiding Momo but Kenya has to shown his improvement yet. Also, Tokugawa and Oni are much better players than the B part of the first string, they'll probably have a close match with Byodouin and Shuuji, if they lose for example 7-6, that means that they could crush everybody of the B part.

    I think that Taira and Hara have no moves left, that is enough to show that they're strong. About Ishida Gin being weaker than them, I'm not too sure about that, you think they could counter a 100th style Hadoukyuu?

    Finally, I want to see Echizen in action, the other players already got too much spotlight, but Echizen has to show why he is the strongest and become a first stringer

  11. #41
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    I'm nitpicking here, but it seems to be a special property of the Black Jack Knife, rather than power in general.
    Its nit-picking but it could well be a fair explanation so you may be right. We'll just have to wait and see.


    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Stats probably. Also, assuming that preventing the strings from breaking is indeed a property of BJK, Gin couldn't even hit a Hadokyuu against it.
    IF that is the case.

    What if for example you get Kite VS Taira and Kite keeps hitting Habu's.
    If Taira cant return a Habu what could he do?
    Im not saying Kite is better than Taira but Im saying what technique makes him No.18?

    And have we seen the Stats? If so can I have a link please?


    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Hara has that fast smash, Moukohan, if you want to count that.
    The Moukohan is cool, made me laugh, but its like if Momoshiro ONLY had Super Dunk. Surely Hara needs to have more than just a great smash?

    ---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Taira has shown his Bakyuun, Hara his Moukohan. That, combined with their stats makes them No.19 and No.18. Black Jack Knife is too much for them, I don't think they're going to overcome it, maybe they will start avoiding Momo but Kenya has to shown his improvement yet.
    A powerful Laserbeam and an amazing smash cant be enough to be Top 20.
    Otherwise what would be the point of all these characters having Mojuu no Aura or Muga no Kyouchi etc. if just a forehand and smash can get you further. Surely the Top 20 have a variety of techniques?

    Have we seen their stats? please give me a link since I havent seen them.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Also, Tokugawa and Oni are much better players than the B part of the first string, they'll probably have a close match with Byodouin and Shuuji, if they lose for example 7-6, that means that they could crush everybody of the B part.
    Your totally guessing here.
    And I didnt mention Oni for a reason.
    It is stated that Irie and Oni are 1st Stringer level but they stayed behind to strengthen the rest of the Japan Junior Tennis Camp.

    I was only talking about Tokugawa and the other members of 3rd Court. Taira and Hara were chosen as Top 20 which initially makes them better than everyone else who did not get chosen right?
    Perhaps Tokugawa is an exception. But I havent seen anything that makes Taira and Hara better than Miyako, Matsudaira and Yamato etc. yet.

    Miyako was the main guy in taking 4 games from Shiraishi/Kirihara pair which is a stronger team than Momo&Kenya.
    Miyako is rougly Kirihara level.
    So Taira/Hara are dominating, its not like they are dominating a better team than Shiraishi/Kirihara like Miyako did.

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I think that Taira and Hara have no moves left, that is enough to show that they're strong. About Ishida Gin being weaker than them, I'm not too sure about that, you think they could counter a 100th style Hadoukyuu?
    No moves left? How does that show strength?
    So theyve dominated Momoshiro/Oshitari. Those two arent even near the best middle schoolers.
    Theyve only shown ONE move each. All the top players have a variety of moves except Akutsu.

    The way the storyline works, there is no way Ishida Gin could defeat them.
    Konomi wouldnt let all of his Top20 lose so soon.

  12. #42
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,139
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Its nit-picking but it could well be a fair explanation so you may be right. We'll just have to wait and see.
    I'm mostly basing this on two things:
    1. If you look at the second to last page in chapter 59, you can see a black swirl, so that might mean that the spin gets neutralized.
    2. Apparently, the string still broke when Momo used a normal Jack Knife, which implies that BJK has some special property to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    IF that is the case.

    What if for example you get Kite VS Taira and Kite keeps hitting Habu's.
    If Taira cant return a Habu what could he do?
    Im not saying Kite is better than Taira but Im saying what technique makes him No.18?

    And have we seen the Stats? If so can I have a link please?
    No, no stats. But if you think about it, the 1st Stringers probably have much better stats than 3rd court, who in turn had better stats than the middle schoolers during the team shuffle.

    Kite doesn't use Habu in the manga, but even assuming he could, it shouldn't be too difficult to return, as long as you don't use a large swing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    The Moukohan is cool, made me laugh, but its like if Momoshiro ONLY had Super Dunk. Surely Hara needs to have more than just a great smash?
    Well, we've seen that he apparently has a good tactical understanding, as he was able to predict pretty much everything Kenya did. That's no special technique, but still something he has over a lot of other people.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #43
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    A powerful Laserbeam and an amazing smash cant be enough to be Top 20.
    Otherwise what would be the point of all these characters having Mojuu no Aura or Muga no Kyouchi etc. if just a forehand and smash can get you further. Surely the Top 20 have a variety of techniques?
    You might be missing the point; that may be exactly what's good enough to get in the top 20. Remember, the middle schoolers were invited to the camp in the first place because they had amazing talent (Wild Beast Aura, Muga, all the surreal techniques we've seen up until this point, etc.). The camp is just having them do all these extreme trainings because it's implied that the higher-ups that run the U-17 are well-aware that the middle-schoolers can and will surpass the high-schoolers.

    The high-schoolers are powerful, but the whole reason that the middle-schoolers are even at the U-17 are because they're supposed to be good enough to beat the Stringers and take their spots.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; September 25, 2011 at 08:45 AM.

  15. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Its nit-picking but it could well be a fair explanation so you may be right. We'll just have to wait and see.


    IF that is the case.

    What if for example you get Kite VS Taira and Kite keeps hitting Habu's.
    If Taira cant return a Habu what could he do?
    Im not saying Kite is better than Taira but Im saying what technique makes him No.18?

    And have we seen the Stats? If so can I have a link please?




    The Moukohan is cool, made me laugh, but its like if Momoshiro ONLY had Super Dunk. Surely Hara needs to have more than just a great smash?

    ---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------


    A powerful Laserbeam and an amazing smash cant be enough to be Top 20.
    Otherwise what would be the point of all these characters having Mojuu no Aura or Muga no Kyouchi etc. if just a forehand and smash can get you further. Surely the Top 20 have a variety of techniques?

    Have we seen their stats? please give me a link since I havent seen them.


    Your totally guessing here.
    And I didnt mention Oni for a reason.
    It is stated that Irie and Oni are 1st Stringer level but they stayed behind to strengthen the rest of the Japan Junior Tennis Camp.

    I was only talking about Tokugawa and the other members of 3rd Court. Taira and Hara were chosen as Top 20 which initially makes them better than everyone else who did not get chosen right?
    Perhaps Tokugawa is an exception. But I havent seen anything that makes Taira and Hara better than Miyako, Matsudaira and Yamato etc. yet.

    Miyako was the main guy in taking 4 games from Shiraishi/Kirihara pair which is a stronger team than Momo&Kenya.
    Miyako is rougly Kirihara level.
    So Taira/Hara are dominating, its not like they are dominating a better team than Shiraishi/Kirihara like Miyako did.



    No moves left? How does that show strength?
    So theyve dominated Momoshiro/Oshitari. Those two arent even near the best middle schoolers.
    Theyve only shown ONE move each. All the top players have a variety of moves except Akutsu.

    The way the storyline works, there is no way Ishida Gin could defeat them.
    Konomi wouldnt let all of his Top20 lose so soon.
    Konomi can make them lose the B part since they're not THAT important, you know in the end Momo and Kenya are going to win, what's the point of making them lose again? The REALLY important part are the top 10.

    When I sayed no moves left I was talking about special moves. Their stats are court 1 level, sure, but I think Konomi has displayed their abilities to much, now it's the turn of middle schoolers to defeat them don't you think?

  16. #45
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 59, 60 and 61 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    You might be missing the point; that may be exactly what's good enough to get in the top 20. Remember, the middle schoolers were invited to the camp in the first place because they had amazing talent (Wild Beast Aura, Muga, all the surreal techniques we've seen up until this point, etc.). The camp is just having them do all these extreme trainings because it's implied that the higher-ups that run the U-17 are well-aware that the middle-schoolers can and will surpass the high-schoolers.

    The high-schoolers are powerful, but the whole reason that the middle-schoolers are even at the U-17 are because they're supposed to be good enough to beat the Stringers and take their spots.
    I actually forgot that.
    But thing is, its only Momo and Kenya.

    Do Momo and Kenya fit in the Top20 best Middle Schoolers?
    They dont :/
    So I wasnt expecting those 2 of all ppl to end up as 1st Stringers.


    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Konomi can make them lose the B part since they're not THAT important, you know in the end Momo and Kenya are going to win, what's the point of making them lose again? The REALLY important part are the top 10.

    When I sayed no moves left I was talking about special moves. Their stats are court 1 level, sure, but I think Konomi has displayed their abilities to much, now it's the turn of middle schoolers to defeat them don't you think?
    Konomi hasnt shown Hara and Taira's abilities much at all...
    He has barely displayed ANY of the 1st Stringers abilities... How did you work out it was too much?

    But why would Momo and Kenya win of all players? There are SEVERAL better middle schoolers who can beat them. So why them?

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts