Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Kaito "Resurrection"...

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy to see him back! Well, her.

11 33.33%
  • I liked him better death.

9 27.27%
  • I'm undecided about it.

4 12.12%
  • I was more interested on Palm scene.

3 9.09%
  • Killua stole the chapter.

8 24.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 316 Discussion

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter x Hunter Hunter x Hunter 316 Discussion

Chapter out!

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler: Set of Rules for Spoiler Posts show
    Last edited by Uriel; September 13, 2011 at 09:00 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter 316 Spoiler Thread

From Arlong Park:

Quote:
    Morel is calling bunch of different associations.
    They're waiting on Palm to confirm death or survival of the king.

Gon is in a hospital (associated with the Hunter Association?)
    He is heavily wounded

Morel speaks on the phoen with Colt (It appears they're passing him on as a new type of magical beast).
    He has discovered something odd... The ant born after Meryem that was supposed to be Reina, is small but growning.. and can already speak, and speaks with a female tone.
    she's saying "I'm not Reina! I'm Kite!"
    Upon hearing this, Morel dashes out, yelling for Gon and Killua

Killua is in front of the medical room where Gon is held.
    He's regretting what happened to Gon for fighting Pitou by himself.
    He swears that he'll save Gon, and make him apologize. He then heads somewhere.

Palm appears in front of Tako, crying.

End
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/139e58149248179
    Last edited by Flex151285; September 13, 2011 at 05:41 AM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing, Kaito got reincarnated as a girl!
    This manga is amazingly unpredictable, the that image is just too much, but she seems more human than the rest of the ants, growing up instead of just bursting from an egg as an adult but she has a tail however. I wonder if she might join the original four later on, that would be awesome!

Even though I like this sort of time skip, I'm still wondering what happened to Komugi and the king, what did they do? Still, it's time we moved on and I'm curios to see Gon's reaction and if he got back to his normal form?
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter X Hunter 316 Chinese scan: http://mangahead.com/Manga-Raw-Scan/...r-316-Raw-Scan

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

surprisingly interesting chapter, i must say. looks like that guy might have to head home ot find his sister. hope gon is gonna be okay......how easy is it for them to reattach a severed arm in this manga? or am i thinking of bleach?

for all intents and purposes, i think the translation given is a bit off. more than likely they palm is being told to confirm whether the king has died or not yet. the cell ripoff sun of a bitch is tough, ad that poison might take a while. i did read that the male chimerea seeks a mate, but whether or not he seeks ot impregnate her is yet to be seen, also considering the fact he sought kingdom instead of mate when he was born. i doubt he can anymore, by now. even fi he is alive still, we saw clips of what that poson can do to people and animals.

....wait, does anyone know what she said at the end?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If I deciphered the Chinese correctly, she says "It's over". I think she means that the king finally died

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kite somehow reincarnating kind of defeats the entire motivation for Gon in the arc. I guess it goes well along with Colt who swears by his dead sister who never actually died.

Palm is saying "It's all over" at the end. They clearly don't trust Palm and she's being purposely vague about what happened to Meryem. It's not a matter of whether it'll take 'a while' or not. Palm said that because she's part of the Ants now so she can't see her King beg, because that's not how the King should be. If she was an Ant she'd definitely be a very loyal one. As of right now it is impossible to tell whether Palm just wants Meryem to die in peace, or that she's actually covering for Meryem because her allegiance is split between human and Ants. This is clearly building suspense for next week (hopefully) when the fate of Meryem is finally going to be revealed. Given Togashi's style, it is very unlikely that the fate of Meryem would be something as obvious as 'he finally died' or even 'he cured himself the poison', so all we can do is wait.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Kite somehow reincarnating kind of defeats the entire motivation for Gon in the arc. I guess it goes well along with Colt who swears by his dead sister who never actually died.

Palm is saying "It's all over" at the end. They clearly don't trust Palm and she's being purposely vague about what happened to Meryem. It's not a matter of whether it'll take 'a while' or not. Palm said that because she's part of the Ants now so she can't see her King beg, because that's not how the King should be. If she was an Ant she'd definitely be a very loyal one. As of right now it is impossible to tell whether Palm just wants Meryem to die in peace, or that she's actually covering for Meryem because her allegiance is split between human and Ants. This is clearly building suspense for next week (hopefully) when the fate of Meryem is finally going to be revealed. Given Togashi's style, it is very unlikely that the fate of Meryem would be something as obvious as 'he finally died' or even 'he cured himself the poison', so all we can do is wait.
    i think palm ios very confused herself. if oyu remember, she ultimatelydid not seem proturbed by the fact he was dying a slow, painful death. however, i think her tears were mostly because of how the king behaved. no orture, no threats, but near begging. a horrible mosnter, thoug hhe was, something had changed.
    i think it is obvious his death is coming or has come. hte uathor has emphasized his coming end. also let us not forget that, while his two remaining guards had fed him themselves, they were, also, exposed to the poison as well. how he will spend that time is what willl be of the greatest importants. palm might be giving him a last respects, since he did not torture her or eat wolfin. if they knew where he was, they would kill him in hsi weakening state.

i do not think it defeats the purpose. perhaps it is kind of the artist's gift to the poor guy. he has suffered much. also it coudl be used as plot element ot make sure his main character survives "HEy, Gon, Kaito is alive!" being said to him may give him the will to live on. he has yet to meet hsi dad, figure out why the hell he abandoned him years ago, and we sitll need to see what happens now that the original hunters head has now died a death worthy of even the great halo spartans. i have a chilling feeling things are gonna get dark with the hunters.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

interesting. how did oyu decipher it, though? the most i could not get anything out of it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter is out, and... OMFG!! I'm totally speechless, I absolutely loved this chapter. I'll write more later I'm just trying take everything I just read in.
    http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/81395975/1
    Last edited by Netero; September 13, 2011 at 03:32 PM.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffantasy View Post
    i think palm ios very confused herself. if oyu remember, she ultimatelydid not seem proturbed by the fact he was dying a slow, painful death. however, i think her tears were mostly because of how the king behaved. no orture, no threats, but near begging. a horrible mosnter, thoug hhe was, something had changed.
    i think it is obvious his death is coming or has come. hte uathor has emphasized his coming end. also let us not forget that, while his two remaining guards had fed him themselves, they were, also, exposed to the poison as well. how he will spend that time is what willl be of the greatest importants. palm might be giving him a last respects, since he did not torture her or eat wolfin. if they knew where he was, they would kill him in hsi weakening state.

i do not think it defeats the purpose. perhaps it is kind of the artist's gift to the poor guy. he has suffered much. also it coudl be used as plot element ot make sure his main character survives "HEy, Gon, Kaito is alive!" being said to him may give him the will to live on. he has yet to meet hsi dad, figure out why the hell he abandoned him years ago, and we sitll need to see what happens now that the original hunters head has now died a death worthy of even the great halo spartans. i have a chilling feeling things are gonna get dark with the hunters.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

interesting. how did oyu decipher it, though? the most i could not get anything out of it.
    Decipher what? I can read Chinese, and the font is pretty clear.

Palm is one of those unreliable narrator that Togashi likes to use. You can literally follow "It's all over" by anything. It could be, "It's all over, Meryem is dead." or "It's all over, Meryem healed himself and just took out a nation." Don't forget she also spontaneously fallen love with people in the past. It's clear she was chosen as the only person who knows Meryem's fate, because she's the only person who you cannot trust her viewpoint. If it's any other character, the first thing they say should be either: "The King is dead!" or "Run for your lives!" depending on what actually happened. In Palm's case, it's in character that she gave such a vague 'It's all over" explanation, so that we'll have to wait another week to find out the truth.

In most manga it'd be okay for Kite to get a break, so to speak, but HXH isn't like most manga. In HXH there are many promising guys who got brutally slaughtered because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They didn't get a second chance at life. Why is Kite special? Because he's Gon's friend he gets two shots at life?
    Last edited by Phantron; September 13, 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, now we're back in business. Very good chapter. For once, Togashi did an effort with graphics. I have no idea about what Killua is thinking ... but as a zoldyeck, he must have access to some high level knowledge.

Maybe they are going to exchange life between New Kaito & Gon ... that way, Kaito can be "reborn" in adult form & Gon can go back to his 12 years old self. In the world of nen, it doesn't seem farfetched.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post

In most manga it'd be okay for Kite to get a break, so to speak, but HXH isn't like most manga. In HXH there are many promising guys who got brutally slaughtered because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They didn't get a second chance at life. Why is Kite special? Because he's Gon's friend he gets two shots at life?
    Because this way Gon's sacrificed all of his talent and potential in order to avenge someone still alive.

Oops.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    Ok, now we're back in business. Very good chapter. For once, Togashi did an effort with graphics. I have no idea about what Killua is thinking ... but as a zoldyeck, he must have access to some high level knowledge.

Maybe they are going to exchange life between New Kaito & Gon ... that way, Kaito can be "reborn" in adult form & Gon can go back to his 12 years old self. In the world of nen, it doesn't seem farfetched.
    If Gon is meant to be the most talented human being in HXH, then Killua is definitely very close to him. In fact, he has consistently been a step ahead of Gon with the exception of burst potential where Gon clearly wins. If Gon can be #1 aura user of the world, Killua definitely can be #2. It's clear Gon's condition is something nobody has ever seen in the world of HXH, but when you're supposed to be the #2 guy in the world, you're not going to let something like that stop you.

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast