Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 76 to 87 of 87

Thread: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

  1. #76
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    He isn't dumb, when Tezuka no longer works, he can switch to Sanada and spam Rai all over the place before his legs reach their limits. ochi and Mouri aren't strong enough to return Rai, and I'm pretty sure about it.

  2. #77
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    ochi and Mouri aren't strong enough to return Rai, and I'm pretty sure about it.
    How do you know thaat?

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #78
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    He isn't dumb, when Tezuka no longer works, he can switch to Sanada and spam Rai all over the place before his legs reach their limits. ochi and Mouri aren't strong enough to return Rai, and I'm pretty sure about it.
    I doubt it. if was casually returned, then Im guessing Ochi will reach over and get Rai or something. They must have fantastic reflexes if they are taking a game casually from Atobe Kingdom + Tezuka Zone.
    Seriously im hoping Konomi doesnt make Niou as powerful as Tezuka and Yukimura, Sanada etc. He was just that guy in PoT for him to become THE guy in SPoT is just a joke.

  5. #79
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    They are strong, but they don't have Yukimura's level, pre PoP Tezuka couldn't do a thing against Rai, only Yukimura has returned the shot, I doubt Mouri and Ochi, even having returned ZSS, can return Rai, you need an amazing power to return it.

    And omg, if they can return it, and they're No.9 and 10, I don't want to imagine about the other first stringers.

  6. #80
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    They are strong, but they don't have Yukimura's level, pre PoP Tezuka couldn't do a thing against Rai, only Yukimura has returned the shot, I doubt Mouri and Ochi, even having returned ZSS, can return Rai, you need an amazing power to return it.

    And omg, if they can return it, and they're No.9 and 10, I don't want to imagine about the other first stringers.
    Fair point there. But if Ochi naturally serves amazing serves. And Mouri makes ZSS ineffective, as a pair they are quite frightening.
    Makes you understand that Rikkai Dai must have had such an easy time at the last year's nationals lol.
    Honestly im hoping Atobe/Niou pair lose to the classic, Niou isnt actually Tezuka. Niou runs out of stamina and passes out hopefully when Atobe/Niou are about to win lol.

  7. #81
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Fair point there. But if Ochi naturally serves amazing serves. And Mouri makes ZSS ineffective, as a pair they are quite frightening.
    Makes you understand that Rikkai Dai must have had such an easy time at the last year's nationals lol.
    Honestly im hoping Atobe/Niou pair lose to the classic, Niou isnt actually Tezuka. Niou runs out of stamina and passes out hopefully when Atobe/Niou are about to win lol.
    I prefer that they win the first match, Atobe was made a fool by Irie, and needs some victory, and Niou has to win throwing away his illusions and play with his true style.

  8. #82
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I prefer that they win the first match, Atobe was made a fool by Irie, and needs some victory, and Niou has to win throwing away his illusions and play with his true style.
    This IS his true style. I think Niou becoming others is an awesome technique as shown in other anime's which usually involve fighting while this tennis....... But yeah its a cool ability if this was any other manga it would be under Genjutsu or Shape shifting. Its great. My only problem is that Konomi might change things and make Niou as strong as his illusion.

    I imagine Niou is in the storyline again since he landed a high place of 7 in the Top 10. Whichi is perhaps why Yanagi and Kenya are still getting panel time as they ranked quite highly with Yanagi now 11th and Kenya 9th.
    I just feel there should be a limit as to how strong Niou gets.

  9. #83
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    Wrong thread guys.

  10. #84
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Wrong thread guys.
    Sorry, let's keep discussing on the chapter discussion

  11. #85
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Sorry, let's keep discussing on the chapter discussion
    No, this thread is actually to bitch about Konomi.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #86
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    No, this thread is actually to bitch about Konomi.
    No, it isn't. Stop, before I have to report you. No author is perfect. This thread is to point out Konomi's flaws in the redundancy of the skills he gives to his characters. Quit playing the fool or leave.

  14. #87
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Metagame of the Prince of Tennis: Konomi-dundancy

    Get back on track guys...

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts