Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: What the Hell? How Did Makinofuji Make it to the U-17, But ...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What the Hell? How Did Makinofuji Make it to the U-17, But ...

Rokkaku didn't? With the likes of Ao Kentaro and Saeki, no less?
    Last edited by Kaoz; January 25, 2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added prefix

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What the Hell? How Did Makinofuji Make it to the U-17, But ...

How did Richard made it? He seemed to get stomped every single time.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    How did Richard made it? He seemed to get stomped every single time.
    Richard took 4 games from Sengoku. Thats good enough. He would easily defeat Oishi, Mizuki, Yuuta.
    I see him VS Shishido a good match.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Rokkaku didn't? With the likes of Ao Kentaro and Saeki, no less?
    FINALLY others are noticing how Konomi was just playing around at the start of this.
    Makinofuji's ace was apparently Hagi Einoshin. I expected him to be here too.

I see Saeki as likely to be able to kick Kadowaki's ass.

Its quite simple. Konomi has portrayed Japan to only have Kanto as a good tennis region. It displays everywhere else to suck eggs.
    Since it was Nationals I expect a couple other MSers since Im sure the way everyone goes on about Nationals there should have been some cool rivals or at least JUST FIVE or SIX players anywhere between Tachibana's and Kikumaru's level at Singles.
    (Manga!Kikumaru is pretty good while Anime!Kikumaru changed things with him being equal to Oishi. Kikumaru>>Oishi btw).

Oh well. Since its gonna be rushed it doesnt matter too much.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

It's clear that Makinofuji sucks, Kentarou and Saeki are miles away from Kadowaki, that is Makinofuji's best player.

Instead, Amane and Kurobane were selected, why Kentarou wasn't? That sucks.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    It's clear that Makinofuji sucks, Kentarou and Saeki are miles away from Kadowaki, that is Makinofuji's best player.

Instead, Amane and Kurobane were selected, why Kentarou wasn't? That sucks.
    But Amane showed skill in easily returning Black Jack Knife and Hadoukyuu.
    Although I am gutted that Saeki and Aoi didnt make it.

Others are Muramochi Toji of Yamabuki, Tetsu Ishida of Fudomine, Yoshiro Akazawa of St.Rudolph, who showed far more promise than Kadowaki, Yuuta, and Jimmies Pair.

And also, the manga says Hagi was Makinofuji's ace. Although Im presuming both suck, Hagi was only wiped by Tachibana and Tooyama while Kadowaki was wiped by Ibu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Others are Muramochi Toji of Yamabuki, Tetsu Ishida of Fudomine, Yoshiro Akazawa of St.Rudolph, who showed far more promise than Kadowaki, Yuuta, and Jimmies Pair.
    Well, in Konomi's defense, Tetsu didn't make it because in this series power players are simply strong guys. He probably wanted to limit the amount of power players he had considering that as soon as Gin was introduced Tetsu became obselete (though, to see how much power Tetsu would've had after the U-17 training and the Wild Beast Synchro would've been interesting). There were too much power players that took away the awe of Tetsu's power. Think about it, we had Gin, Krauser, and Kintaro take the power spotlight at that point of the manga.

As for Yoshikawa, who was said to be a pretty damned good player and a personal favorite of mine, I don't really have a good reason as to why he may have been dropped, but I think it's because Konomi couldn't have done much with his Blur Ball, seeing how he introduced a much more advanced version of it in Tachibana's Wild Ball (Remember, the Blur Ball only really affected people with good dynamic vision while the Wild Ball can be seen by anyone).

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, in Konomi's defense, Tetsu didn't make it because in this series power players are simply strong guys. He probably wanted to limit the amount of power players he had considering that as soon as Gin was introduced Tetsu became obselete (though, to see how much power Tetsu would've had after the U-17 training and the Wild Beast Synchro would've been interesting). There were too much power players that took away the awe of Tetsu's power. Think about it, we had Gin, Krauser, and Kintaro take the power spotlight at that point of the manga.
    I think that since Tetsu was given Mojuu no Aura, I honestly expected to see him in this manga. I see him doing well against Oishi by taking out Oishi's weak-a-s-s wrist.
    But they randomly brought Kadowaki and Richard. I see no reason to not bring Muramochi and Akazawa.

As for Yoshikawa, who was said to be a pretty damned good player and a personal favorite of mine, I don't really have a good reason as to why he may have been dropped, but I think it's because Konomi couldn't have done much with his Blur Ball, seeing how he introduced a much more advanced version of it in Tachibana's Wild Ball (Remember, the Blur Ball only really affected people with good dynamic vision while the Wild Ball can be seen by anyone).
    Couldnt he have just gotten a new technique? Or at least appear in a match? He didnt need improvement. Most guys at the camp have shown no improvement if you get what I mean.

New Reply