Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

3 2.75%
  • 2 (Boring)

12 11.01%
  • 3 (Regular)

41 37.61%
  • 4 (Good)

42 38.53%
  • 5 (Epic!)

11 10.09%
New Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 640 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 640 Spoiler Discussion

which does everyone think is a stronger army 100,000 marines like are the epic war at HQ or 100,000 pirates/fishmen like the SH crew has pretty much exterminated

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter's out on MS
    didnt read it yet bitit sucks that theres alrdy another break next wkeek O_O+

Enjoy reading^^

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

While most of those 100k on both sides were fodder in relation to named pirates/marines, fishmen certainly have their racial advantage, while the slave pirates at least dared to cross the Red Line. In the end both weren't worth much, as only the top 50 of Marines and NW pirates, now Mugiwaras and NFP Alliance commanders can accomplish anything balance changing in the fight.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So each of the New Fishman Island generals are in a fight with one of the Strawhats. Gotta say, didn't expect Chopper and Ussop to switch opponents like that, but I guess that little shark is the best Ussop could deal with.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 640 Discussion / 641 Discussion

thought the skull exploding grass was one of brooks moves for a sec there when i looked straight at the picture

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

LION ROD :C
    You know, so far the most awesome abilities are from Nami. I'm enjoying a lot her display. I want her next epithet to be "Witch of the Sea"
    And I loved Ussopp acting cool as well <3

And well, nice turns of events...again. I want to see how they resolve this after all. Sad to wait two weeks for it. T_T

And it was a good chapter but I feel that there is nothing special about it and it's extending a bit much on the events to happen.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL brook was cool this chapter that scene between him and ikaros made me laugh so much and i must say that with each passing chapter i'm pleasantly surprised about the evolution of chopper, usopp , nami and brook 'cause they were basically the weakest among the crew but now they are doing such a great job and that makes me happy .....chopper and usopp are the ones that changed in a good way the most IMO

i can't believe there won't be a chapter next week *sigh..* i wanna see if FI gets squashed or not dammit

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else noticed on page 12 that Zoro's right eye is open???

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

wow. could be a mistake of course...

so why was he suddenly foaming at the mouth? bit suspicious that..
    Last edited by Ratatosk; September 21, 2011 at 12:59 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I rly dont enjoy OP right now. Even on Mangareader it dropped down the popularity ranking. Rly sad. Looking for the next arc. Voted with a 2 btw.

Edit: Just noticed that I quoted the wrong guy. Not sure anymore who I was intending to quote.
    Last edited by BlackHair; September 21, 2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Deleted 75% of my post

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually quite impressed by Chopper's newfound confidence. This is definately not the same character we saw two years ago. He may still be naive, but when it comes to battle, he clearly has evolved, in strength as well as confidence. His new "teenage" look of his new points actually goes well with this! I like it very much.

Nami and Usopp seemed to have gotten quite effective ways to deal with large groups of fodder. I had hoped Usopp would have gotten some more confidence still, though. It has definately improved, but so far, it doesn't seem as impressive as Chopper's growth. Still, looking forward to his fight, surprised he gets Daruma, though. But I think Chopper taking on a muscle beast like Dossun is a good way to show his growth, too. Also nice to see that their fight with the Mr.4 pair still comes in handy now.

I'm glad Brook gets a one on one. It's actually his first in the series where he'll win. His previous one on one, against Ryuuma, he lost very badly. I'm expecting good things here. I'm not very happy with General Franky versus Icaros Much, though. I wanted to see Franky fight, not a mecha robot... I'm not a very big fan of Iron Pirate General Franky, tbh. Doesn't seem to fit very well. I wanted a pure Franky one on one. Franky hasn't had one since Enies Lobby. A missed chance.

And like many people, I'm peeved Robin and Nami don't get One on One fights. If Oda hadn't done away with Vander Dekken and brought in Caribu, there would be enough opponents for each strawhats to have a one on one (aside from Sanji and Jinbei, but I'm cool with them pairing up). I still hope we'll get to see some good stuff from our favourite big breasted strawhats.

Some good pair ups, some not as good, all in all a normal good chapter. Hodi still needs to shut up. Vander Dekker is alive, as I predicted, and lol at the irony of the princes having to save him. Nice twist there. I'm still holding out hope that VDD will be the one to end Hodi. His left hand remembers, after all. *evil grin*

The break sucks, though.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed this chapter, especially since we finally have the elements for the climax and resolution all in place. Luffy and Co. will have to deal with Hodi and the crashing ship. Meanwhile the SH will be dealing with the NFP and whatever else.... I think that Robin and Nami will obviously fight fodder, but there's also the chance that Caribou get into the fray, or something else... I really doubt that Nami and Robin lack the capability to handle the NFP captains... Just likely their skills are better served elsewhere.

Totally love the Chopper and Usopp "tag" and really excited to see Chopper get serious... I suspect he's grown more than even I imagine..
    I guess that Shirahoshi will have to "awaken" her hidden abilities to save her kin and the SH..

A good building type chapter...
    Let's get on with it here!!! (Read: Hurry up and Wait!)

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee-tyme7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how long I can last after seeing Vivi at age 18...I feel like Sanji right now going crazy. XD Anyway this chapter was ok it's more about the crewmate's battle than it was about Luffy's fight. Also Madam Shirley look like Caimy with those short hair, she look different now with the hood off. It suck with the break next week.

Love is like a hurricane.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda gives plenty of plot and skips on unneeded fights, people want fights for the TS characters. Oda delivers fights, people cry for plot again. Those that want strong enemies, get those, but cry out because they cheated their way to that strength, but in the end serve as a good measure. Right now when much will be concluded after the big fights in the next weeks, people wish for the next arc. Some things will stay unfathomable to me for the rest of my life.^^

The Marineford War was the climax of the whole middle part, did you really expect it to stay on that level for the rest of the manga? And I don't see how a popularity chart of a streaming site would reflect the quality of all manga overall. Obviously many good ones will be left behind in the mainstream stream. :P

The only flaw this chapter was the the second half, which feels stretched with Hody repeating his damn lame attack again. It may deal for a setup for suspense for Luffy to have two problems at the same time, but still, I would have loved to see page 14 and the double spread used differently.
    Last edited by Schabrak; September 21, 2011 at 01:23 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast