Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 29 Discussion | Ch. 30 Prediction

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Ch. 29 Spoiler Thread

Meh, no chapter next month, an epic fail of an anime (in its second half), and a short short current chapter, in Chinese to boot which I can't read, definitely not in this life. And if we add to that the feeling that the current arc is clearly weaker in comparison to the previous ones.... argh, my frustration is building up fast. I think I'll pass on looking at the chapter for now, at least till its Japanese or English version is out: no point in aggravating my frustrations by looking at something I won't understand a word of and which lacks Mephi's awesomeness to make up for it at least partially.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Summary of ch. 29:
    Spoiler show

So yeah, if no one translates it by this weekend, I'll try to get to it.

But damn, Poor Yukio! He can't see well unless he has his glasses!!!
    Otherwise, it's not a very advancing chapter except Bon's created a barrier, Yukio's given his answers, and about to be strangled by Toudou, and...Rin is charging into Impure King....great. and no chap in Nov. >.>
    Last edited by sakura_fai; October 04, 2011 at 11:01 PM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankya, sakura-san! stephy also posted a line-by-line translation on MFox. I should reallly be studying for thursday midterms, but... SKA-WEEEEE!~ Yukio jumped to #2 favorite character (behind Shiro of course, cause no one can top Shiro for me.)

Yep, Anya. You were right. I was taking Yukio to be much more melodramatic and was seeing into the nature of last chapter's cliffie way too much. Then again, I honestly think this is the first time we've seen Yukio in a pinch do such a badass maneuver (previously he's just been saving asses and whatnot, but this chapter proves the reason why he's a prodigy.) I was also silly to assume that Yukio had never fought these thoughts before. Yukio's not stupid, and he's probably considered blaming his family/friends/the world for his burdens sometimes. But he kicked himself out of it, and acknowledges that, yes he has weaknesses, but it is only himself he can blame for his weaknesses.

Here I dump my hypothesis that Yukio will be possessed. Because with that strength of will and attitude, I cannot see him falling unless under a much more skilled manipulator. Plus, Toudou will probably be killed sooner or later.

Darn it... I feel like I owe you something now... (you feel spoiled rotten? Better than my initial "wuuuut? I was wrong? *angsts and scratches head*")

So, Yukio is in trouble. He's probably out of energy from playing cat-and-mouse with Toudou long enough to create the seals plus the strain of summoning those familiars. Back-up perhaps? Shiemi and Kamiki? I noticed the fire barrier did not form where Toudou and Yukio were fighting.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oni_James's Avatar
    Country
    Catalonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Bon's chants as badass as usual. It's a shame the anime went wrong and crashed ending in the process, this moment + Kazuya Nakai would have been epic.
    So we finally have a taste of Yukio's techniques or strong points and Toudou spoils the fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Ao no Exorcist will be absent on next month's issue.
    About this...sorry, it may be Spain's fault. Katou Kazue will be present at a manga event here in Barcelona on 29th, 30th, 31th of October and first of November since series is getting published by Norma Editorial.
    The Editorial itself had offered the chance to send some questions to them via mail, from which only the best ones will get a prize and chance of being answered by Kazue herself. It's a shame deadline for the questions was September 30 and I realized too late -.-
    Last edited by Oni_James; October 05, 2011 at 11:48 AM.
    ざわ...ざわ...

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Bon admitted Rin is not an idiot!! It's like a new era begun in AnE 0.o
    Rin acted so happy and nonchalantly (and wisely too, I admit it) that I felt like it was a set up for something very sad that may happen later and this time Bon will be openly on Rin's side. The chapter was full of Rin/Bon goodness
    So Yukio felt inferior watching Shiemi smile at Rin? -.- I do not like the idea of the brothers fighting for a girl. Tell me I'm misinterpreting things, please.
    I love how Yukio's arm is drawn shortened in difficult perspective (dunno how it's called in english) on page 14.
    Yukio's super badass face. I love it.
    Love it how the drawings got more sketchy when Yukio was exhausted from summoning familiars and even more when he hit a tree.

Kuro was awesome, he didn't fight yet, but he seems to be very strong. Looks like Rin is afraid of absolutely nothing but himself going berserk.

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Yep, Anya. You were right. I was taking Yukio to be much more melodramatic and was seeing into the nature of last chapter's cliffie way too much. Then again, I honestly think this is the first time we've seen Yukio in a pinch do such a badass maneuver (previously he's just been saving asses and whatnot, but this chapter proves the reason why he's a prodigy.) I was also silly to assume that Yukio had never fought these thoughts before. Yukio's not stupid, and he's probably considered blaming his family/friends/the world for his burdens sometimes. But he kicked himself out of it, and acknowledges that, yes he has weaknesses, but it is only himself he can blame for his weaknesses.
    Well said (and it does feel like I was saying this before )

I love it that Yukio's badassness comes from his intelligence, strong will and good heart (and the fact that he's ambidextrous), not some half-baked newly found super powers. We thought he was crumbling under Toudou's psychoanalysis and his own issues, getting hit and unable to aim - while he was actually deceiving the devil himself, outsmarting him in plain view, hitting perfectly in extremely difficult conditions, then finishing by revealing he's meister in three not two specialties and activating a spell with blood from a wound we thought was a proof he was loosing.

I'm in AWE. He's exactly my type of guy - so intelligent it's badass, but still good and lovely person, plus glasses are my fetish and let me tell you, I have a very warm spot for teachers barely older than his students. I just love this guy so much.

Here I dump my hypothesis that Yukio will be possessed. Because with that strength of will and attitude, I cannot see him falling unless under a much more skilled manipulator. Plus, Toudou will probably be killed sooner or later.
    Haha, yeah, he failed spectacularly! Well, not yet, but he's just an average demon now. Yukio will probably need help finishing him though.

Darn it... I feel like I owe you something now...
    Nah... I didn't like that paying up for wrong theories thingy in the first place.
    (you feel spoiled rotten? Better than my initial "wuuuut? I was wrong? *angsts and scratches head*")
    Sorry, I tried to be eloquent and failed. I meant that when I read that Yukio outsmarted Toudou I thought "ops, I didn't want to know it so fast". So I felt bad that I read the spoiler. Yeah, I noticed the word "Spoiler" in the thread name

So, Yukio is in trouble. He's probably out of energy from playing cat-and-mouse with Toudou long enough to create the seals plus the strain of summoning those familiars. Back-up perhaps? Shiemi and Kamiki? I noticed the fire barrier did not form where Toudou and Yukio were fighting.
    I don't think so - they have Tatsuma to take care of and he's, well, fat and can't move. Shima and Koneko? They were surrounded by the Impure King, so looks like they need help too. Maybe Bon's seal worked so well that exorcist have time to help Yukio and the boys? Maybe the class will not even fight in this arc after all, which is great, because they're still exwires and shouldn't save the day so early in the manga. I wonder how Rin will finish the Impure King now, he was absolutely awesome in this chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni_James View Post
    About this...sorry, it may be Spain's fault. Katou Kazue will be present at a manga event here in Barcelona on 29th, 30th, 31th of October and first of November since series is getting published by Norma Editorial.
    You lucky guys, you
    Anya83 on MangaFox

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    Bon admitted Rin is not an idiot!! It's like a new era begun in AnE 0.o
    Bon said that all along though, when he told Rin "don't forget that you have friends". It's just that now he's gotten over most of his conspiracy theory with Rin and his father.

Quote Quote:
    Rin acted so happy and nonchalantly (and wisely too, I admit it) that I felt like it was a set up for something very sad that may happen later and this time Bon will be openly on Rin's side. The chapter was full of Rin/Bon goodness
    Oh yes, so much <3~. I feel we are still approaching the maximum for Rin and Bon goodness! Those two are just adorable. I love how Bon gets pissed with Rin being all high and mighty but then realizing, as Rin's hand is shaking, that Rin is afraid but trying to stay strong.

Quote Quote:
    So Yukio felt inferior watching Shiemi smile at Rin? -.- I do not like the idea of the brothers fighting for a girl. Tell me I'm misinterpreting things, please.
    I believe Yukio felt always just a single step behind Rin in each flashback. How Rin didn't care if he was credited or not for something (e.g. putting a blanket on Fujimoto when he fell asleep). How Rin was happy for the owners who lost their dog even when Yukio was upset at losing the dog. How even when Yukio shoved Rin away when Rin scared away the bullies (probably because Yukio was partially embarrassed that he was always being the one saved), Rin didn't hold it against Yukio. And how with Shiemi, Rin pulled her into the light.

So no, don't see Shiemi as the straw that broke the ice-man's back. He's just slightly envious that Rin was able to draw her out of her navel. I think actually that Yukio and Shiemi are similar there - both of them don't like how weak they were when they were younger. We are seeing Shiemi maturing out of her weakness. We are seeing Yukio, who has grown way past his weakness, continue to fight against it.

If we see issues with Yukio again, I believe it would have more to do with feeling superfluous when his brother surpasses him. But that day is far into the future and I have faith now in Yukio's ability to handle it.

Quote Quote:
    Yukio's super badass face. I love it.
    Inorite? Sooo going to be my sig pic - his face just SCREAMS "I got you now, you son of a bitch."

Quote Quote:
    Love it how the drawings got more sketchy when Yukio was exhausted from summoning familiars and even more when he hit a tree.
    That's happened before, it will probably be fixed in the tankobon. It isn't intentional. Just seems like the editors skipped a page or Kazue couldn't finish it.

Quote Quote:
    I love it that Yukio's badassness comes from his intelligence, strong will and good heart (and the fact that he's ambidextrous), not some half-baked newly found super powers. We thought he was crumbling under Toudou's psychoanalysis and his own issues, getting hit and unable to aim - while he was actually deceiving the devil himself, outsmarting him in plain view, hitting perfectly in extremely difficult conditions, then finishing by revealing he's meister in three not two specialties and activating a spell with blood from a wound we thought was a proof he was loosing.
    Well, as Toudou said, Yukio isn't a Meister in Tamer, but he has the talent. I think this tells us that the qualifications for a Meister are a lot more than we previously thought (if Yukio isn't a Tamer with summoning 8 familiars, who is?).

I think Yukio was actually affected by Toudou's words, leading him to get really shaken for a few seconds. But after a bit of angsting and kicking himself, he pulled himself together. I think his plan was there all along though - to create the magic circles to surround Toudou. But the speech of "I hate my weaker younger self - I hate myself the most!" came out of him fighting Toudou's words.

I think also Yukio is more stable now, cause previously he didn't acknowledge his weakness and that bothered me. Now he has stated it and has successfully fought it.

Quote Quote:
    Haha, yeah, he failed spectacularly! Well, not yet, but he's just an average demon now. Yukio will probably need help finishing him though.
    Toudou has the skills of an Upper Second Class exorcist too along with an Upper Class demon (Karura is fracking strong). So... I don't think Yukio can't completely handle Toudou on his own.

Quote Quote:
    I don't think so - they have Tatsuma to take care of and he's, well, fat and can't move. Shima and Koneko? They were surrounded by the Impure King, so looks like they need help too. Maybe Bon's seal worked so well that exorcist have time to help Yukio and the boys? Maybe the class will not even fight in this arc after all, which is great, because they're still exwires and shouldn't save the day so early in the manga. I wonder how Rin will finish the Impure King now, he was absolutely awesome in this chapter.
    Bon's seal reminded me of entering in a License Key for software, with Karura saying "you have stated the spell correctly." XD

But I'm worried - GouhaEn turns years of life into flames. Plus, barriers from summoned demons rely on the summoner's stamina (e.g. Shiemi and Niichan in the Exwire exam). Bon can't keep up the barrier forever. Rin is going to have to pull himself together quickly or he needs backup.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Bon said that all along though, when he told Rin "don't forget that you have friends". It's just that now he's gotten over most of his conspiracy theory with Rin and his father.
    Ah, you're right, but that time Bon said it like "don't get me wrong, I don't think you're stupid..." and this time it hit him and he had to admit it to himself that he underestimated Rin even though he felt there was more to this idiot that meets the eye.

Oh yes, so much <3~. I feel we are still approaching the maximum for Rin and Bon goodness! Those two are just adorable. I love how Bon gets pissed with Rin being all high and mighty but then realizing, as Rin's hand is shaking, that Rin is afraid but trying to stay strong.
    Right? And when they landed, first thing Ban said was " You're not going to take everything wholly upon yourself again, are you?" and then thought of Rin while setting up the seal. How sweet is that? I didn't notice Rin's hand shaking and I'm not sure it means he's scared of the IK - he looks absolutely happy fighting. But I dunno what could it be, this panel.
    They keep talking and joking about being scared when their main problem is coincidentally Rin's fear of using his power. They will have to do something with it or Rin will have to break his promise to Bon and have Kuro take Bon back to some safe place so that Rin won't be scared of hurting him with his flames. If that happens, Bon's going to be furious.

So no, don't see Shiemi as the straw that broke the ice-man's back. He's just slightly envious that Rin was able to draw her out of her navel.
    I hope you're right. When I think about it, Rin has helped that way many people: Yukio, Shiemi, Bon, Kamiki and Koneko, but Yukio witnessed only helping Shiemi, so maybe that's why he thought of her.

That's happened before, it will probably be fixed in the tankobon. It isn't intentional. Just seems like the editors skipped a page or Kazue couldn't finish it.
    Oh. Well, I like it this way too.

Well, as Toudou said, Yukio isn't a Meister in Tamer, but he has the talent. I think this tells us that the qualifications for a Meister are a lot more than we previously thought (if Yukio isn't a Tamer with summoning 8 familiars, who is?).
    Yeah, he's not a meister, but he is a tamer. Inexperienced, but still

I think Yukio planned to set up the seal as soon as he shot Toudou with water spirit bullets to check if that would work. He went on with the plan while Toudou was mindscrewing him. Yukio probably didn't completely got over his issues, but he's a person who can accept them and continue to be deadly effective. I think Shura will be happy to see Yukio is not prone to possession after all.

Toudou has the skills of an Upper Second Class exorcist too along with an Upper Class demon (Karura is fracking strong). So... I don't think Yukio can't completely handle Toudou on his own.
    No idea who could help him at this moment. Shura, Shima's brother, exorcists, Kamiki and Shiemi, Shima and Koneko? I'd say Toudou could kidnap Yukio, but he said himself he's going to kill. Maybe he'll gravely injure him and leave to die? But he did exactly that with Tatsuma, so that'd make him really pathetic demon. I dunno.

Bon's seal reminded me of entering in a License Key for software, with Karura saying "you have stated the spell correctly." XD
    Lol
    Anya83 on MangaFox

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

(Oh man, I'm having a bloody hell of a day and night. Had two major midterms consecutive, fretting in the lab while recovering from aforementioned midterms, rush home, and have a sibling explosion. Sheezus frist on a popsicle state, if I hear more of this "everyone is controlling me" nonsense, I will throw somethin'. I find it offensive. *vents*)

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    Right? And when they landed, first thing Ban said was " You're not going to take everything wholly upon yourself again, are you?" and then thought of Rin while setting up the seal. How sweet is that? I didn't notice Rin's hand shaking and I'm not sure it means he's scared of the IK - he looks absolutely happy fighting. But I dunno what could it be, this panel.
    Rin's hand holding the sword is shaking as he declares "we're going to win". I think Bon remembered that Rin isn't a total idiot or gloryhound. Rin is afraid too, and despite all that, Rin is forging ahead. So Bon thinks to himself "I know. This guy's not a simple minded idiot." It's an acknowledgement of Rin.

Quote Quote:
    They keep talking and joking about being scared when their main problem is coincidentally Rin's fear of using his power. They will have to do something with it or Rin will have to break his promise to Bon and have Kuro take Bon back to some safe place so that Rin won't be scared of hurting him with his flames. If that happens, Bon's going to be furious.
    Interesting - come to think of it, this chapter is a lot about fear and getting over it.

The very act of Rin running from Bon would be indicative of a fear he hasn't conquered. I think Rin will have to use his flames in a similar way to what he did in chapter 9 in order to get the sporangium from a distance. Bon will also have to remind Rin why they are there (like how Rin was playfully mocking Bon in this chapter).

Quote Quote:
    I think Yukio planned to set up the seal as soon as he shot Toudou with water spirit bullets to check if that would work. He went on with the plan while Toudou was mindscrewing him. Yukio probably didn't completely got over his issues, but he's a person who can accept them and continue to be deadly effective. I think Shura will be happy to see Yukio is not prone to possession after all.
    My point was that the words did affect him. I agree that his plan from the beginning (when he tested the water bullet) was to set up the seals. He faltered briefly with Toudou's mindscrew, but kicked himself and that just made his counter-attack that much more sweet.

Yeah, though I don't think Yukio will tell Shura that upfront. She would have a field day with scaredy glasses angst.

Quote Quote:
    No idea who could help him at this moment. Shura, Shima's brother, exorcists, Kamiki and Shiemi, Shima and Koneko? I'd say Toudou could kidnap Yukio, but he said himself he's going to kill. Maybe he'll gravely injure him and leave to die? But he did exactly that with Tatsuma, so that'd make him really pathetic demon. I dunno.
    In Toudou's mind, he already gave Yukio a chance, but Yukio was just out of reach of his lies. Since Yukio knows of Toudou's abilities, he must be killed. I wonder if Yukio could escape if Toudou is distracted by something else (not an ally).

If Toudou was smarter, he would knife Yukio and be done with it, but draaaaamaaaaa...

Negative Syndicate

Katou made mistake. Ao no Exorcist not going to take break on next month; it going to take break on December.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Rin's hand holding the sword is shaking as he declares "we're going to win". I think Bon remembered that Rin isn't a total idiot or gloryhound. Rin is afraid too, and despite all that, Rin is forging ahead. So Bon thinks to himself "I know. This guy's not a simple minded idiot." It's an acknowledgement of Rin.
    Yeah, but I'm not sure it was shaking - it wasn't so clear in the picture. Maybe Bon looked at Rin's hand holding kurikara he still can't unsheathe and admired his courage.

The very act of Rin running from Bon would be indicative of a fear he hasn't conquered. I think Rin will have to use his flames in a similar way to what he did in chapter 9 in order to get the sporangium from a distance.
    I think Rin would need much more experience with flames to do that - it'd be much easier for him to use kurikara. I wonder what would happen if Bon just unsheathed the sword for him. I hope someone will do this in this arc, I miss Rin in his demon form

I agree Toudou's words did affect Yukio - I think it's because Yukio heard his own thoughts spelled out loud for the first time. But they were not new to him and above all - he had still a demon to fight, so he had to pull himself together. I don't expect he'll tell Shura about what happened, but if he did, my inner Yukio/Shura shipper would be very happy

If Toudou was smarter, he would knife Yukio and be done with it, but draaaaamaaaaa...
    Bad guy's speech, one of the greatest cliches ever. But once again, Katou actually made it work! She really is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Katou made mistake. Ao no Exorcist not going to take break on next month; it going to take break on December.
    I have more time to find a replacement then, cause I'm not sure if I can survive two months without a good manga.

EDIT:
    Do you know who else can help both Yukio and Rin?
    Mephisto!

The old fart is watching the fight and apparently having fun, I wonder when he will feel it's about time he moved his backside and helped.
    Last edited by Kryanka; October 07, 2011 at 02:46 PM.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mr. Death's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shamy View Post

That's Renachan's raw that has been badly leveled.....

Sig by Cross, Bar by Ravona!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

http://winged-manga.com/aonoexorcist/29/1/ posted the scanlation for Ao No Exorcist ch. 29.
    The quality's not bad, and the translation's not google generated. I like it.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Differences between this translation and stepyip35's:

- Bon asks Rin about not giving up, while in the previous translation he asked if Rin's going to fight ALONE (which was much more Bon/Rin)
    - Yukio was looking forward to instead of admire Rin
    - and not been able to take this lying down (what does that even mean?) instead of feeling inferior
    - beautiful firework, lol, Mephisto
    - all names of Yukio's Naiads, cool!
    - Yukio hates himself, not his weak younger self. Wow, that's harsh
    Anya83 on MangaFox

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It made more sense that Yukio hates his younger weaker self AND hates himself most of all. Hel-looo, self-loathing! It is indeed a powerful motivator. It also leads to rather bad depressions though. Not exactly a stable configuration.

It made much more sense that Bon asked Rin if he would shoulder the burden on his own, especially with Rin's response of "this time? ... no."

"Looking forward to Rin" and "admire Rin" is identical - I think the translator meant "looked up to Rin". "Not being able to take this lying down" made nooo sense, so I betya it's a mistranslate. "Beautiful fireworks"? Ehhhhh, I'm rather sure Mephisto didn't talk about "hanabi".

The names of Yukio's Naiads - Okay, I LOVED that. All of them minus the last two are from canon Greek mythology. Soo cool!

So, I liked this chapter. Very nice. Yukio is a great character, and his little moment of verbally flipping off Toudou was great. I just wish his motivation to move forward as an exorcist was not dependent on deprecating himself. It's very unstable. Still, I'm just happy we got Yukio's "I got ya now" face - we haven't seen that since a tiny panel in chapter 3 when he was bluffing the flower demon.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast