Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is the best artist?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Googlez_kun

9 42.86%
  • Shinsatsu

6 28.57%
  • Amaretti

6 28.57%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Artist

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Artist

Best Artist

Look at my babies, will you?

This thread's purpose is to decide who is the best artist at MangaHelpers. The best artist is someone who is continuously providing best graphic artworks to the community of MangaHelpers, help provide graphic resources for the site's needs, participate in art contests, or give constructive criticism for art-related things to help increase the overall quality of art at Mangahelpers.

Official Nominees:
    Googlez_kun (12)
    Amaretti (8)
    Shinsatsu (5)
    Dynamic Dragon (4)
    Bugzee (2)
    ~Coffee~ (2)
    dHEKU (2)
    BBB Banana (2)
    Zarosaki
    Farfalla
    ak-46
    Chopperman

Spoiler: Voting Round 1 Report show

Spoiler: Voting Round 2 Report show

Spoiler: Voting Round 3 Report show

What you should know about nominating:
    • A member has the right to refuse to be nominated or participate further in this polling. Let us know if you are nominated and do not wish to continue.
    • For this category, you can nominate a regular member, a senpai (retired staff member), a moderator (MangaHelper), a global moderator, or an administrator.
    Remember that this event is for fun purposes, as always keep the tone friendly and respectful.

To view the rules and general info about the Awards, click [HERE].
    Last edited by phio_chan; October 14, 2011 at 04:52 AM.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Artist

I nominate Googlez_kun for his outstanding original artwork, high amount of contributions and excellent colorings.

I also nominate Shinsatsu for his amazing signatures, that keep impressing me time after time when I think I have seen it all. As well as for his many contributions to the site in the form of banner work etc.

Reserving last nomination because it's too hard to choose the last one...

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to nominate artists who have been inactive since last year but contributed in such a great way to MH over several years, as well as the manga coloring scene in general, that I'd like to not forget about them.

In case of them getting into the second nomination round, I would try to contact them and invite them here for the award contest. Name links lead to the gallerys of the artists~

So first, I want to nominate Dynamic Dragon, also known as Pokefreak, for being one of the initial artists of professional manga coloring. Being an MH member since the very start, he was the driving power behind the development of classic manga coloring as we know it today. I'm also relatively sure that he's the author of the first professional manga coloring tutorial we featured. His way of coloring inspired too many to count.

Second, I want to nominate Amaretti, an artist who introduced a whole new way on manga coloring a few years back and is still widely remembered for some of the most outstanding Naruto colorings. She opened eyes for alternative ways to use colors and lights to whole generation of coloring artists. The existence of an artist gallery section here on MH is also mainly her fault

Last but not least, I want to nominate the team of Zarosaki ...eeeh... I can't.... since we archived their board (yes, they had a whole forums section) along with the old scanlation board. And the scanlation group accounts are gone too, grrr. So I have to link to their homepage, I guess
    Soooo: I want to nominate the team of Zarosaki, who have an outstanding history of whole-chapter colorings. Not only where they the first group formed exclusively to color a whole manga, they also contributed a great deal in helping and teaching coloring beginners. As frequent contributors on MH, they used to be an important and driving force of this community.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

My Nomination will have to be for Googlez-Kun, as his artworks have always amazed me.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

For this award I'd like to nominate Amaretti, Dynamic Dragon and Googlez-kun. The first 2 are artists who were here long before I had arrived and I'd always looked forward to their work and seeing how they'd interpret any particular artwork; they never ceased to amaze me.

Google is someone who I've seen grow artistically from the time I've been here, even at his young age was always willing to accept feedback in order to improve his work and has now established himself as one of the most respected and known artists on MH today.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinsatsu is an incredible artist and his artworks still keep impressing me.

I also like to nominate Googlez-kun cuz he is also very skilled.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

My final nomination will go to support Amaretti. Her coloring skills were just outstanding and even to this date hard to surpass. I used to wear her colorings as avatars and signatures time after time, and get excited whenever she gave an update of artwork. Her Pain coloring is to this day one of my absolute favorite colorings. I used to wear it as my prideful signature for months on another site. Kudos for making me look damn awesome for months Amaretti, of course my posts made me look awesome naturally and gave me a load of reputation points (on another site), but your colorings were a huge contributive factor to the ridiculous amount of reputation I got in the end!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Really awesome work indeed. All of them are awesome !

I won't only nominate her because she is off for away to many time, so it isn't like she will see that she won

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Really awesome work indeed. All of them are awesome !

I won't only nominate her because she is off for away to many time, so it isn't like she will see that she won
    We are going to try to contact and get the old timers "back" (if not just to follow the Awards) if they manage to get into the official nominee groups. So by all means, don't consider that a barrier for nomination

Now I had an exciting apifiny, imagine if e.g. Amaretti makes it into the official nominee group and we manage to contact her and get her back, and she starts contributing again with artwork! I have no idea if she is still coloring or not, but just the thought makes me shiver in awesomeness.
    Last edited by 3c; September 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, then my third nomination goes to Amaretti, cuz her coloring skills are just brilliant !

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I will go along withShinsatsu, Googlez-kun and Amaretti, as I think those three delivered and still deliver very good art over a long period of time

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

i Nominate Shinsatsu Bugzee and ~Coffee~

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Farfalla, Googlez-kun, Bugzee

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Googlez_kun is, in my eyes, not only my sole nominee but also the winner of this category.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Googlez_kun, for starters. His FF sketches are priceless

Shinsatsu, next. Master of all set's and banners.

And, coffee, for the good end. Never really check out his thread much, but the banner he did for our review is reason enough for me to nominate him

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast