Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Berserk 325 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Finally, thanks! Isma's mother reminds me of Luca for some reason, hm? The last page with the mermaids is just wonderful. :O
    *Sees scanlator tag*

Where is it?
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    *Sees scanlator tag*

Where is it?
    My bad, I meant the second to last page where the mermaids are doing their song thing, if that is what you asked about?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ksfst's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

My bad, I meant the second to last page where the mermaids are doing their song thing, if that is what you asked about?
    I guess he was talking about the translated chapter. Gotta wait, gotta wait.
    Black Stones

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    Damn! Guts wasted his time going all the way into the center of that thing and going through crazy pain just so that the mermaids can show up and blow a whole through it's heart with song!
    I'm pretty sure that the mermaids singing will simply prevent the heart to use his "sonic" ability to damage Guts.
    And that will allow Guts to strike the fatal blow.

In the end, Guts will be the one to kill the God, but he would never have succeeded without the merrows.

Finally, thanks! Isma's mother reminds me of Luca for some reason, hm? The last page with the mermaids is just wonderful. :O
    True, that's a really great drawing.

And I'm happy that Isma is reunited with her mother, but at the same time, it sucks...
    Because, now, it's unlikely that she will follow the group.

I'm very sad, she quickly become my favorite character because she was so funny...
    I wish she would follow the group to Elf Island...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the mermaids singing will simply prevent the heart to use his "sonic" ability to damage Guts.
    And that will allow Guts to strike the fatal blow.

In the end, Guts will be the one to kill the God, but he would never have succeeded without the merrows.
    Yeah that makes sense. I would liken to how noise cancellation works, but on a much grander scale

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Isma will be something like Luca, she was with Guts for the arc the she participated in, like Luca, Isma now has found her family, not just her mother though, generally her whole mermaid race, she felt lonely when she was with the humans on the island, or well the squid things.

Sonic battle? Sea God vs Mermaids, should be epic.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yeah she will be like one of those people around the world touch by Guts and co, so when they fight Griffith and become the enemy of the world, those people who Guts touch will be like nah his not evil.
    I sense new chapter in Dec Kinda hoping Miura will do at least 5 chapters before feb when the movie hits.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    ^Yeah she will be like one of those people around the world touch by Guts and co, so when they fight Griffith and become the enemy of the world, those people who Guts touch will be like nah his not evil.
    I sense new chapter in Dec Kinda hoping Miura will do at least 5 chapters before feb when the movie hits.
    I would like to at least see them reach elf island before another hiatus.

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    I would like to at least see them reach elf island before another hiatus.
    Hmm...the pacing doesn't make be believe that will happen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol yeah, unless Miura does 10 chapters in a row. I reckon he will have a major one the chapter before elfheim because he will make it so beautiful. It's going to be 4-6 chapters left for this arc then it will be 2 chapters of Griffith doing something (like the people entering the kingdom and chatting) then Guts and co talk on the ship.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Hmm...the pacing doesn't make be believe that will happen
    Well I can't think there would be more than 1 or 2 more chapters of this sea god arc. Then maybe a chapter or 2 of whats going on elswhere and then the next chapter we see them arrive? I can see it if Miura wanted to. But ya he likes to stretch stuff out.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing that bothers me is that after this island there will be a bunch of chapters with them traveling to the sea to Elf Island, though who knows there might be another stop before Elf Island? This arc has had many important things already out open like the Sea God and Isma's story, kind of, they were the center points here, so this arc will take a few more chapters but still to Elf Island we may have even more.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing that bothers me is that after this island there will be a bunch of chapters with them traveling to the sea to Elf Island, though who knows there might be another stop before Elf Island? This arc has had many important things already out open like the Sea God and Isma's story, kind of, they were the center points here, so this arc will take a few more chapters but still to Elf Island we may have even more.
    I dunno its hard to predict Miura but I don't see it. I can see an issue arising right as they spot Elf Island making it a challenge, but I think considering the amount of time they were out to sea before reaching the sea god, I would assume its a halfway point of sorts. Guts needs time to heal after this, good uninterrupted time to heal.

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I know I have been incredibly slow and should have gotten to this before, but I finally read Berserk thanks to countless staffers nagging me. Lately Josef K. nagged me a lot, thanks a lot man. Also a thanks to xi0 for being such a pain in the ass. Anyway, the manga overall was beautiful. That's all I'm going to say about that in this thread. Onto the actual chapter and story.

I have a feeling they will reach Elf Island next, even if it theoretically could be another major stop. Those damn pirates got away too, again... So I expect those bastards to show up again for comic relief and general randomness during the travel from this island til Elf Island. As for this arc's remaining lifespan, I would assume another 2-3 chapters to finish up the fight. The Mermaid song is definitely going to weaken the Sea God, enough for Guts to get to his senses and stab its heart. Hopefully Miura won't use too many panels on Guts getting out of the monster. This chapter was superb, but so sad for me. I didn't want to ever catch up.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh I don't know. The Pirates are somehow linked to the Sea God. Won't they be annihilated (or turned into human ?) after the god is dead ? I don't know if they have been killed before mutating or not, or if the God is channeling his "power" to keep them that way.

I'm a bit worried by Guts physical state. He got insane internal damage which, with his armor's curse (loosing his senses), would make him blind and deaf before his arrival on the island. Making him being able to communicate (and see ?) only through spirit until the elven king heals him or something.
    Last edited by Gats; December 08, 2011 at 01:52 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast