Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: Berserk 325 Discussion

  1. #31
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Huh I don't know. The Pirates are somehow linked to the Sea God. Won't they be annihilated (or turned into human ?) after the god is dead ? I don't know if they have been killed before mutating or not, or if the God is channeling his "power" to keep them that way.

    I'm a bit worried by Guts physical state. He got insane internal damage which, with his armor's curse (loosing his senses), would make him blind and deaf before his arrival on the island. Making him being able to communicate (and see ?) until through spirit until the elven king heals him or something.
    I think that's sort of the obvious conclusion at this point for me. They'll reach Elf Island and Guts will need his help more than Casca. Whether he can do anything for their Cursed Seals or heal Casca's mind...who knows. Something tells me this won't go as planned. Skull Knight's words back about the Elf King and Casca still bounce around in my head, something along the lines of it won't necessarily be what she wants. Those words always sounded odd to me, maybe a mistranslation, but yeah...odd.

  2. #32
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I think that's sort of the obvious conclusion at this point for me. They'll reach Elf Island and Guts will need his help more than Casca. Whether he can do anything for their Cursed Seals or heal Casca's mind...who knows. Something tells me this won't go as planned. Skull Knight's words back about the Elf King and Casca still bounce around in my head, something along the lines of it won't necessarily be what she wants. Those words always sounded odd to me, maybe a mistranslation, but yeah...odd.
    Your quote made me realize a mistake : "only through spirit", not "until through spirit".

    Casca's whole life was about Griffith's dream (even if at the end she wanted Guts), I guess that even if Griffith did those horrible things to her and her camarades, she would let him go, otherwise their sacrifice would be meaningless or something along the lines.

    But when the Skullknight told Guts he had to choose between her and his vengeance, after many fights and all, Guts understood that and chose Casca in the end. So at this point, he chose the path to simply live with her (doesn't mean it will stay like this). If it is really that way, THEN that would mean that Casca would be the one who would revenge on Griffith, or something else than a life with Guts at her side.

    So I don't know how to interpret SkullKnight's predictions.
    Last edited by Gats; December 08, 2011 at 02:48 PM.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #33
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Your quote made me realize a mistake : "only through spirit", not "until through spirit".

    Casca's whole life was about Griffith's dream (even if at the end she wanted Guts), I guess that even if Griffith did those horrible things to her and her camarades, she would let him go, otherwise their sacrifice would be meaningless or something along the lines.

    But when the Skullknight told Guts he had to choose between her and his vengeance, after many fights and all, Guts understood that and chose Casca in the end. So at this point, he chose the path to simply live with her (doesn't mean it will stay like this). If it is really that way, THEN that would mean that Casca would be the one who would revenge on Griffith, or something else than a life with Gats at her side.

    So I don't know how to interpret SkullKnight's predictions.
    Wow, I never thought about it like that...I suppose that's sort of sexist in a way

    That would add a whole new dimension to the story. It might mean she gets the ultimate revenge for what was done to her...but that doesn't mean Guts won't be involved. Really interesting.

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #34
    Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    19,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    I thought that the reason why Casca perhaps wouldn't want to be healed, was because she would prefer to stay ignorant rather than go back to the horrible aftermath that she would live in. Having her previous meaning of life shattered and her spirit broken. I don't know if she can even make such a choice at this point. However I hope she comes back, I'm getting kind of tired of her hostility towards Guts and behavior of a 4 year old. It would be awesome to have her back on the team.

    About Guts, yeah it seems pretty obvious that he will need some Elf magic at this point. He's completely screwed.

  7. #35
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    I thought that the reason why Casca perhaps wouldn't want to be healed, was because she would prefer to stay ignorant rather than go back to the horrible aftermath that she would live in. Having her previous meaning of life shattered and her spirit broken. I don't know if she can even make such a choice at this point. However I hope she comes back, I'm getting kind of tired of her hostility towards Guts and behavior of a 4 year old. It would be awesome to have her back on the team.

    About Guts, yeah it seems pretty obvious that he will need some Elf magic at this point. He's completely screwed.
    That's what makes the most sense...the trauma. I tend to read into SK's words and maybe see something that may not be there...

    Berserk's main theme is causality though...Casca is the way she is for a reason. Something tells me the next arc won't simply be the ass-pull of having some Elven healer fixing her scrambled-egg brain. Something else has to come into it, a sacrifice...maybe Guts' Behelit? And? There's a lot of possibilities.

  8. #36
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    Sad news.
    Quote Quote:
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there won't be any new Berserk episodes for the remainder of the year. Young Animal has already confirmed their lineup through the end of 2011, and Berserk isn't listed anywhere on it. This means that only 7 episodes were released this year (319-325). It should be noted that this isn't by any means the longest break Miura's taken. It's only notable that there were so many long breaks in the year.

    Whether this delay was a result of his presumed involvement with the Berserk Saga Project, planning the remainder of the series, or anything else, we simply don't know. All we can say with any certainty is that it's the slowest release schedule in the history of the series. Hopefully in 2012 we'll see it turn around.
    http://www.skullknight.net/forum/ind....msg204455#new

  9. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #37
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    I think a lot of that has to do with him possibly stockpiling chapters to be released in a more prolonged period coinciding with the movie's release.

  11. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Gantz room.
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    ^ That would be awesome so pretty much he could have them done and have sometimes double chapters but yeah I think Miura would do that prob because of 2-3 weeks deadlines to be put in the mag. He does it all himself so it isn't going to always finish in two weeks unless he rushes it.

    No chrissy present for me XD

    Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

  12. #39
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    ^ That would be awesome so pretty much he could have them done and have sometimes double chapters but yeah I think Miura would do that prob because of 2-3 weeks deadlines to be put in the mag. He does it all himself so it isn't going to always finish in two weeks unless he rushes it.

    No chrissy present for me XD
    Actually, he does have assistants, I think the "no assistant" theory was put out there by people looking for excuses to why he's so slow with the releases.

  13. #40
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Gantz room.
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    I thought he said it himself in a audio interview on the final dvd of the anime. He also said he works 15 hours a day on it, sits in same spot eats there and its pretty messy. but that dvd i think was released 8 years ago or so.

    Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

  14. #41
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    I thought he said it himself in a audio interview on the final dvd of the anime. He also said he works 15 hours a day on it, sits in same spot eats there and its pretty messy. but that dvd i think was released 8 years ago or so.
    He's had assistants. The guy who draws Wolfsmund was an assistant.

    There might have been a time when he didn't have any, but I doubt that lasted long. The 15 hours a day comment was from the Q&A so we can take him at his word there. Other than that, the assistant question is up in the air.

  15. #42
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drinking Rum
    Country
    Macedonia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,484
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    That's what makes the most sense...the trauma. I tend to read into SK's words and maybe see something that may not be there...

    Berserk's main theme is causality though...Casca is the way she is for a reason. Something tells me the next arc won't simply be the ass-pull of having some Elven healer fixing her scrambled-egg brain. Something else has to come into it, a sacrifice...maybe Guts' Behelit? And? There's a lot of possibilities.
    Indeed since the evil gods(somehow) of Berserk's world, the God Hand said that everything is within the laws of casualty it may very well be that Guts has to make sacrifices, which he somehow refuses to do when fighting them. When it comes to Caska it is a different story, he recently saved her when she fell from the boat, maybe the ultimate sacrifice is him, but that does not fit well with Griffiths sacrifice where he offered them all including Caska, so she actually has to die as well. Just killing Griffith does not have the Berserk feel though, so I kind of do not want to settle with either he kills them or they kill him, the survivors of the eclipse.

    Well I look at this arc for it's overall story impact, perhaps the best thing we got from it is Guts fighting with the armor more, he may find a way to master it soon with the help of witch girl. If we can also look at this as a prelude to Elf Island or even an arc like the Lost Children one that did not effect the overall story much, so yeah maybe Miura imagined this arc as such.

  16. #43
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    44,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    The gap of power between Griffith is still ridiculously large. Something has to happen where he'll be able to stand toe to toe with him.

  17. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Gantz room.
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    Yeah, Guts was so epic to get 1 metre close to Griffith any other human would of died being that close to the god hand. It makes me think though, Guts neck goes through lots of pain and tears up once he is close to the god hand and yet nothing happen to Caska when she was being raped. She is being touch by the god hand member and her mark isn't raging.

    I guess the elf king will do some seal that surpasses the witch's one that makes them be able to fight the god hand without the pain coming from that mark. He will prob boost the dragon slayer so it can do fatal blows on them. Gut's dragon slayer couldn't cut the dragon apostle (shames the swords name then XD) so he kind of needs it to be able to cut anything instead of him finding a sweet spot on a body to cut.

    Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

  18. #45
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    =[地獄]=
    Country
    United States
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 325 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I think a lot of that has to do with him possibly stockpiling chapters to be released in a more prolonged period coinciding with the movie's release.
    Don't get your hopes up. :P But I suppose its ok to think positive.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

    # of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 92

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts