Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 557 Discussion

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto Naruto 557 Discussion

Check out the Mangahelpers Community Awards 2011!

If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Last edited by 3c; September 21, 2011 at 04:47 PM.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 557 Spoiler Discussion

I wonder about the significance of showing Mizukage this much...he is indeed an intriguing character, with some nasty abilities, along with his nasty personality, however, I just can't help to wonder what would've happened if the other fights would've been of similar length

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Anyways...the spoilers look great, it seems that this is another awesome fight chapter...now the spoiler mentions Naruto a bit as well, while he is hurrying with Temari, Dodai and other shinobi to help Gaara...so it looks like they could arrive as reinforcements, but I just cheer for Gaara to take this win...Naruto will have other chances

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkPrinceRevan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

seems the mizukage maybe having so much fun now thats hes forgotten all about trying to help them defeat him, which is a good thing in my opinion. make the alliance work alittle for their victory over him when it comes

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I wonder about the significance of showing Mizukage this much...he is indeed an intriguing character, with some nasty abilities, along with his nasty personality, however, I just can't help to wonder what would've happened if the other fights would've been of similar length

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Anyways...the spoilers look great, it seems that this is another awesome fight chapter...now the spoiler mentions Naruto a bit as well, while he is hurrying with Temari, Dodai and other shinobi to help Gaara...so it looks like they could arrive as reinforcements, but I just cheer for Gaara to take this win...Naruto will have other chances
    The people ask for more screen time with the Et's and now the got it, honestly its too much and I am getting bored already. It feels like a filler to me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post

that's also what i thought of first. Why so much mizukage action? He gets alot of showtime..his technique seems awesome but i guess i understand it better when i see the pictures

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    The people ask for more screen time with the Et's and now the got it, honestly its too much and I am getting bored already. It feels like a filler to me.
    Well I can't really help with that...though I think I understand it, and can probably take a guess at the reason as well, but this is not really the thread for a detailed analysis of the downside of Edo Tensei...
    But there might be another reason...that is the fact that two fights are presented one after the other, because Mizukage and Tsuchikage arrived together...so it feels like a longer fight than usual...

But at least we have main characters, and cool characters, showing off their skills

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats annoying is mizukage claims he's been helping the alliance nins to defeat him and that they can't get a clue, but all he's REALLY DONE thus far is give vague hints about how to fight him.

Stupid shit like kill the clam, he's the way to get to me...how the fuck is that a hint when this whole thing was a freakin mirage....and even more...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wooticus View Post
    that's also what i thought of first. Why so much mizukage action? He gets alot of showtime..
    I gues because Kirigakure has some relevance to the plot. For example Madara was controlling the third Mizukage so he obviously had some busyness with that village. Maybe at some later point it will be revealed that the second Mizukage had something to do with this too.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    Whats annoying is mizukage claims he's been helping the alliance nins to defeat him and that they can't get a clue, but all he's REALLY DONE thus far is give vague hints about how to fight him.

Stupid shit like kill the clam, he's the way to get to me...how the fuck is that a hint when this whole thing was a freakin mirage....and even more...
    Well I think that is the beauty of his character...he actually didn't really care, and when he finally got some serious opposition he took it as a challenge from a bunch of youngsters...
    But of course we can definitely ask the more uncomfortable question...did Kishi actually forget that Mizukage started out as a character who wanted to help?

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    I gues because Kirigakure has some relevance to the plot. For example Madara was controlling the third Mizukage so he obviously had some busyness with that village. Maybe at some later point it will be revealed that the second Mizukage had something to do with this too.
    Great idea...and somewhat tries to answer my other questions...like why was Terumi chosen to be away from the main battles...what is the significance behind leaving Kiri to the side, even after making the Alliance?...Kirigakure has always been the black sheep of the 5 countries, so I would be delighted if sth like what you said would happen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPrinceRevan View Post
    seems the mizukage maybe having so much fun now thats hes forgotten all about trying to help them defeat him, which is a good thing in my opinion. make the alliance work alittle for their victory over him when it comes
    look at bottom panel:

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/556/12

mizukage is really enjoying the battle. this is his last great opportunity of him to battle, especially the chance is given after his dead and he can fight as much as he can.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 557 Discussion / 558 Predictions

Chapter's out:

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/557

Impressive. Gaara sure is pretty smart to use his dad's gold dust to defeat him. It must have taken a hella lot of chakra to lift the gold, I think. Moreover, It was really symbolic. His mother was the shield, his dad was the spear. In fact, I think Gaara may start to mix Gold Dust into his Sand more often from now on creating his new fighting style.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh, that guy was more troublesome to defeat than Raikage.

Nice work by Gaara, Momma protecting, Daddy attacking. Really liked it.

Naruto was going in their direction, I'm glad he didn't arrive there in time to intervene in the fight.

That was a really troublesome jutsu, that little clone was really fast.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Mangastream version is out...funny how they messed up the order of the first pages...

Scratch that, they noticed it and changed it back, to the normal order...speedscans must be quite the headache

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter. Gaara beat the Mizukage which means he's even more powerful. Awesome. It also seems that he'll be able to use the gold dust which was probably left by his father.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkPrinceRevan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

pretty good chapter and clever thinking by gaara...but i could see this chapter will probably spark a quite a few why so serious pics in the near future because of the mizukages clone perpetual slasher smile

so i think i have the gist of the mizukages fighting style now. he summons the clam and performs his steam tyrant (since hes to weak to physically fight with his real body afterwards he has to hide on the clam and use its illusions).
    Last edited by DarkPrinceRevan; September 28, 2011 at 08:21 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast