Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 557 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mircus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 557 Discussion / 558 Predictions

Looking at the spoilers made me a bit disappointed, but the chapter was better than I expected. Good job Gaara!
    The power rests inside!

--
    My Original Mangas
    Beyond Manga
    NSCMSC (Not So Cool Meet So Cute) Manga

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mircus View Post
    Looking at the spoilers made me a bit disappointed, but the chapter was better than I expected. Good job Gaara!
    The thing is that the spoiler translator didn't translate the entire japanese script...

I liked that Gaara used his mom to protect and his dad to attack and immobilize...somehow shows that the power of youth is not a solitary power, the youth need help and guidance sometimes....so Gaara kept the balance, and he incorporated his parents as well as his own power into defeating Mizukage...very good chapter

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

GAARA >>>>> ALLLLLLL <3<3<3<3

Superb awesome chapter. Oh man, in all this fighting Gaara took on 4 kages, defeated his father <a kage>, then helped Oonoki fight Muu along with the help from Naruto too, and then 'almost' single handely he took out the Second Mizukage dude, another kage <almost because there was some help from Oonoki in the clam, but going by what Gaara did for him.. Oonoki was useless> and even protected those random fodder with his huge shield.. so cool <3<3<3

btw. I really like how recently Kishi made Mizukage dude as some kind of.. mentor to Gaara, from the beginning he was quite amazed by "young Kazekage", in the previous chapter he was praising Gaara, and now he reveals that he thinks of Gaara as some 'golden duckling' or sth meaning probably that he feels how different Gaara is as a kage from the predecessors or sth. I liked his smile at the end, as if he was proud of his son or sth ^^
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Masterpice's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Nice chapter. Gaara beat the Mizukage which means he's even more powerful. Awesome. It also seems that he'll be able to use the gold dust which was probably left by his father.
    Well I don't know if Gaara is really more powerful than mizukage...without his earlier hints and tshiukage's know how it would be different fight. But of course Gaara is strong...for a minute I was scared that Kishi will let Naruto to take care of mizukage like he did with raikage and muu.
    Sorry for grammar mistakes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    Chapter's out:

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/557

Impressive. Gaara sure is pretty smart to use his dad's gold dust to defeat him. It must have taken a hella lot of chakra to lift the gold, I think. Moreover, It was really symbolic. His mother was the shield, his dad was the spear. In fact, I think Gaara may start to mix Gold Dust into his Sand more often from now on creating his new fighting style.
    actually it seems mizukage gave an unintentional clue: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/557/9

see bottom panel.

if mizukage sees himself so inferior to madara, i worry about naruto against madara

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abyozuu View Post
    actually it seems mizukage gave an unintentional clue: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/557/9

see bottom panel.

if mizukage sees himself so inferior to madara, i worry about naruto against madara
    I don't think Mizukage knows about Madara, so I think his remark is more like a general truth, not necessarily a hint about Madara or sth...furthermore his boss is Kabuto

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abyozuu View Post

see bottom panel.

Good catch, that must be how he got the idea to use his dad's gold. Y'know, Gaara's tactical style in this chapter reminded me of Naruto's in how he can take an offhand remark and turn it into a genius idea.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget Sasuke, I want Gaara and Naruto to be the go-to tag-team at the end. Gaara has now shown that he's a good tactician to go along with his impressive talents.

Actually, make the new Team 7: Gaara-Naruto-Bee. The Jinchuuriki Team (even if Gaara lost his bijuu).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member roma's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Gaara!!!

For a page there I thought Naruto was going to interfere... Luckily, Gaara finished the fight. That was awesome! I love the calm, intelligence, skill and speed he showed in this fight. He sure showed why he is already a Kage at such a young age. Using his mother as his shield and his dad's sand for attack plus the way he used it was superb!

Mizukage referring to him as someone who could've been a "golden egg" among the five kages was already quite something. But his confirmation of it in the end plus his reaction was priceless.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plyr88 View Post
    Forget Sasuke, I want Gaara and Naruto to be the go-to tag-team at the end. Gaara has now shown that he's a good tactician to go along with his impressive talents.

Actually, make the new Team 7: Gaara-Naruto-Bee. The Jinchuuriki Team (even if Gaara lost his bijuu).
    Absolutely, these 3 would be a dream team come true.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darkp's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    GAARA >>>>> ALLLLLLL <3<3<3<3

Superb awesome chapter. Oh man, in all this fighting Gaara took on 4 kages, defeated his father <a kage>, then helped Oonoki fight Muu along with the help from Naruto too, and then 'almost' single handely he took out the Second Mizukage dude, another kage <almost because there was some help from Oonoki in the clam, but going by what Gaara did for him.. Oonoki was useless> and even protected those random fodder with his huge shield.. so cool <3<3<3

btw. I really like how recently Kishi made Mizukage dude as some kind of.. mentor to Gaara, from the beginning he was quite amazed by "young Kazekage", in the previous chapter he was praising Gaara, and now he reveals that he thinks of Gaara as some 'golden duckling' or sth meaning probably that he feels how different Gaara is as a kage from the predecessors or sth. I liked his smile at the end, as if he was proud of his son or sth ^^
    BTW without help or gold at the area, I really doubt Gaara could defeat mizukage , think about how deadly can it be if that was 1 on 1 and with Clam genjutsu + exploding jutsu at the same time : D

To be fair all the kages defeated there with at least 2vs1 matches or so . Without any information, or rubber help , naruto would have been cut into 2 pieces against 3th raikage or muu would not rasenganed without onoki check and Gaara sand or so .
    Last edited by Darkp; September 28, 2011 at 08:58 AM.
    People Live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true . That is how they define "reality" .
    But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirrage .
    Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world , shaped by their beliefs .

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member M-M's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I can imagine how Muu and 2nd Mizu killed each other: While Muu was using his sensing skill and Dust release to attack 2nd Mizu's weakened body, the boiling oil exploded to his face How could Kabuto retrieve their body after that

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkPrinceRevan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think its quite fortunate for the alliance that the mizukage didnt use the mirage with this jutsu, if they were still fighting his illusions on top of his exploding clone running around this couldve gone on alot longer with more causalities

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Naruto 557 Discussion / 558 Predictions

Gold Dust is awesome but it too bad we didn't get to see what Gaara's father was capable off. Rest in peace all former Kage. Overall I really liked this chapter, Gaara the Golden Egg defeated his opponent without Naruto's help is good for Gaara's overall confidence.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    Absolutely, these 3 would be a dream team come true.
    gaara will make madara immobile, naruto and bee will lariat him, madara's head will fly to sky, meet with the body of juubi on the moon, then juubi will return to avenge for his loyal servant.

24. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast