Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

7 5.51%
  • 2 (Boring)

25 19.69%
  • 3 (Regular)

39 30.71%
  • 4 (Good)

49 38.58%
  • 5 (Epic!)

7 5.51%
New Reply
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 641 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SHeeDeD's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 641 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DaoneLuffy View Post
    A back story is needed, Hodi's story must be told because so far he is the main villain, just like Lucci was. I don't know if he is going to be the next nakama but it could happen because the SH's need a fishman. I once saw a theory about the pandora's box opening and making jimbei younger so he could join but that's a stretch too.
    Well....hmmmm .....and then... in my mind i say "wtf" is this guys serious? Hodi with sh pirates srsly come on
    anyway a back story for this foolish guys Hodi is wast of time w8ing for this arc to end. I'm saying this arc is not amazing but it's just boring or on the same scale that the Forum provide "regular" will fit here. not for all the chapters just for the most.

SO many theories about Hodi J past.... who cares what happened to him we wanna c Zoro's fight. and then the end of this arc str8 away

This following links is for a very close friend of mine who i cant contact for some reasons that are not important to u guys but i know hes visiting this thread regularly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTWoe4py3JE
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o71ZCVoI1yg ^_^ my best video so far of all times

my theory is that my beloved future children will watch one piece with me. ^_^ Not married not even engaged
    Last edited by SHeeDeD; October 08, 2011 at 10:01 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 641 Discussion / 642 Prediction

Hody's secret is that he's Crocodile's younger brother. Crocodile used to be a fishman and he had the opportunity to become human and seized this opportunity and hody never understood why he'd do such a thing.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner garcon's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

guess I'm a bit late to react to the chapter and hope to not repeat things that already been said (I have already said it in my first post but since it was in a Naruto thread I will say it again: excuse me for my poor/bad english, will try my best to be understandable):

- IMO it's an ok chapter, nice to read but add nothing to the story,
    i mean even in the fight nothing really happen, don't like the air bubble thing, ODA
    should have stay simple and make Luffy anihilate Hody in the arch (just my opinion)
    well, at least fukaboshi kicks ass, I like him

-so Hody has a reason to be evil and may have a flashback.... and some people think it will make him a nice tortured guy who could join the strawhat....really ? don't wanna be a douch but the dude killed the queen, killed her dream to reunite mankind and fishkind, take over the city, forced people to shit step on their once beloved queen, etc...
    so what will happen ?:

"I was once a slave because human despise us"
    "oh dude, that so explain why you killed the queen who try to abolish segregation of your species, come with us you little drug addict, Chopper will make you some good stuff "

I'm really worried about Hody's reason, hope it won't be disappointing and i will be disappointed if:
    - Hody was a slave (that would a good reason but we have seen too many...)
    - his parents were killed by human
    - racism traumatism made him racist
    - human mother (even if i like the theory of the scarf hiding the fact that he doesn't have gills (?) )
    - he is Arlong's brother
    - he can't go to shabondy park
    - his body is controlled by a parasit fish hiding behind his scarf (fun twist but really doesn't make sens and the parasit would need a reason too...)

so yeah I'm worried because I can't think of anything else

for the next chapter I hope Shiraohi (is that her name ?) start to f*cking think and try to call seakings (at least to stop Noah's falling, you know there is kind of huge f*cking chains to pull it)

to finish this long post, a stupid theory: Luffy wanted to smash Noah but he can't because someone said "keep it safe, it's a cool boat", and Luffy is suppose to destroy FI so.... at one moment people will make a choice and Luffy will destroy FI....
    the probleme of this theory:
    - Luffy destroy a f*cking island barehanded (and is crew by the same time)
    - Noah will just crash on ocean floor ( Shirahohi please move your ass)

that's all I have to say, have a good day
    Last edited by garcon; October 08, 2011 at 10:27 AM.
    My comic White Hell who will be published by Watch comics

and if you like video games, introduce yourself to CIBO

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    My crazy theory of the week: Hodi Jones turns out to be like Inu Yasha (half human/half fishman in this case as some have already mentioned earlier) where his father is a human and mother a mermaid (with legs living among humans like Kokoro). Like what happened to Nightcrawler in X-men, when he was born as a fishman, the humans in his town find out his mother is a mermaid and kill/sell her to slavery. Hodi escapes to the sea (maybe saved by Arlong) and ends up another orphan at the fishman district.

About the actual chapter.... I dunno why, but I don't think it was all that exciting. The air bubble thing seemed to come out of nowhere...same with the den den mushis; but maybe I missed something there.

The best part of the chapter for me was Luffy commenting on the need to improve his own haki. Also it showed that Hodi's bite was probably stronger than the bite of most, if not all, the monsters at the island Luffy was training at since it was only now that he realized his haki wasn't strong enough for piercing attacks as strong as Hodi's bite.... At least thats what i got out of it .
    but if he were half-human it would be contraddictory: why should he hate everyhuman and fishmen in freindship with them even to live(with blood transfusion),his politicy would kill him as well. anyway you didn't miss anything,the bubble and the den den is oda's invention for this chapter to save his mistakes in the previous chapters. they appeared in a little flashback,and honestly I don't like oda's behaviour here. to show what has happened just in the moment which is crucial to the story. does he want to surprise us,but he is tiring us! so he did when jimbe and rufy were fighting,suddenly jimbe was captured but they had already planned how to save the situation,man I'm getting crazy!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

He could be envious of humans who could life freely, while he was treated like a pure fishmen, but that's unlikely.^^

Maybe we should reread the tankobons, it probably won't look so stretched anymore.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, anything Oda pulls to show his "true character" wont be enough to make him acknowledged as someone who maybe was leading to this and it will be always just a crazy blind bastard without even the power to back it up properly. Pill goes out at some point and then I want to see you bragging about the world, brat!
    Quote Originally Posted by dqrt View Post
    Hody's secret is that he's Crocodile's younger brother. Crocodile used to be a fishman and he had the opportunity to become human and seized this opportunity and hody never understood why he'd do such a thing.
    Hodi can't be brother of such an awesome character. That's the only flaw in your theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by garcon View Post
    well, at least fukaboshi kicks ass, I like him
    You're officially awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    but if he were half-human it would be contraddictory: why should he hate everyhuman and fishmen in freindship with them even to live(with blood transfusion),his politicy would kill him as well. anyway you didn't miss anything,the bubble and the den den is oda's invention for this chapter to save his mistakes in the previous chapters. they appeared in a little flashback,and honestly I don't like oda's behaviour here. to show what has happened just in the moment which is crucial to the story. does he want to surprise us,but he is tiring us! so he did when jimbe and rufy were fighting,suddenly jimbe was captured but they had already planned how to save the situation,man I'm getting crazy!
    See Voldemort.
    Most of half-breed who ends crazy about races tend to hide some aspect of themselves to seem pure.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dylan21's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkey D luffy View Post
    i think that oda is misleading everyone here. it would be funny if hody just answered "nothing". that would make him the biggest asshole in this whole manga, killing everyone for literally nothing, if he really had a sob story, they would have tried to reason with him not keep fighting him like that..
    This is the only theory i like so far . It would be better then the whole tragic past( halfhuman or slave or whatever you want)

Quote Originally Posted by luffyq1 View Post
    Am I the only one who is not looking forward to next weeks chapter? I mean, these past chapters have been extremely boring to me, even if they are a "buildup" to something.
    Nope. Still , the New World is close , hopefully we'll see it before the new year.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

You are extremely optimistic, I don't see how he can end it in 10 chapters. If Oda hurries from now then there is no point in the current stretching. For those who don't like it, there is no much other choice than grin and bear it.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    You are extremely optimistic, I don't see how he can end it in 10 chapters. If Oda hurries from now then there is no point in the current stretching. For those who don't like it, there is no much other choice than grin and bear it.
    unluckily,I have to agree... in the enxt chapter we will read just why hody hates human,then the bubbles coming out and the chapter ends so. then rufy will defeat hody,every SH will defeat his opponent and then they will rest. I guess we will see the new world in february...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happens, I hope there won't be yet ANOTHER flashback arc within this arc. I think we've had 3 so far, each with various lengths. I don't really care about whatever reason he has to hate humans, it should be explainable in one or two pages...

Bah can't this arc just end?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

if this flashback is short and useful I' happy to read it.well,I'd prefer hody just explains in some pages the reason of his hatred.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The shortests flashbacks in One Piece were Zoro's and Ussop's, right? Those times Oda was more sucint....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict this arc to go on till the end of the year, just for the naggers to feel more pain in reading what they apparently hate for the last couple of weeks. I too find his pace of the last two weeks off, but all this grumbling doesn't really add to the discussion nor will it let the arc end any second earlier than Oda decides to.

I wonder what kind of double-spread we will get next week.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member silveril's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

that swamp guy is going to swallow up the arc

please visit ma dA : http://silveril.deviantart.com/ m(_ _)m

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    The shortests flashbacks in One Piece were Zoro's and Ussop's, right? Those times Oda was more sucint....
    Or he didn't find the place he would give them in the story yet. Anyway there a lot of other small flashbacks in the stories that don't get a full chapter (Buggy,Hancock, Lucci...). I guess Hodi one, if there is any will be one of those. We already had the arc Flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    I wonder what kind of double-spread we will get next week.
    We already had the strawhat with some fishmen last cover so i guess it will be the strawhat alone this time. Except if he does a versus Cover again, but I imagine the cryings, if that would happen.

New Reply
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast