Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

7 5.51%
  • 2 (Boring)

25 19.69%
  • 3 (Regular)

39 30.71%
  • 4 (Good)

49 38.58%
  • 5 (Epic!)

7 5.51%
New Reply
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 641 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 641 Spoiler Discussion

"The original hypothesis for the great white's origins is that it shares a common ancestor with a prehistoric shark, C. megalodon. Similarities among the physical remains and the extreme size of both the great white and C. megalodon led many scientists to believe that these sharks were closely related, and the name Carcharodon megalodon was applied to the latter. However, a new hypothesis proposes that C. megalodon and the great white are distant relatives (albeit sharing the family Lamnidae)," source- wikipedia..

**Scientists suggest that C. megalodon looked like a stockier version of the great white shark, Carcharodon carcharias, in life.

Hody resembles more of megalodon to me ....

I would say .. either because of the pills or something hody is now transforming/transformed into something else... or it might be that he has the genes of some prehistoric shark or he is actually a descendant of someone.. and fukaboshi after seeing the teeth might have come to a conclusion to who might be that person (Tom boy??) ,,, and there is a possibility that robin can solve some mystery here for the hody ... because hody might be knowing some history of his ancestor which is cruel to its core but not true .. that might explain an apology letter too...

or the apology letter is to hody or to his family/lineage..

far fetched but i guess worth mentioning..

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was Great!!! I really don't get all the complaints.....Forget about Hodi....Neptune mentioned "A Great Man" who told them to keep Noah on the sea floor until "The time comes".Am I the only one who got goosebumps on reading this? Was it Joy Boy? Was it a D.? Maybe Luffy's ancestor, when is the right time?...If U ignore the Luffy-Hodi struggle you realize this chapter raised one or two incredible questions.

p.s Hodi will be raped soon enough back story or not .There is just no excuse for killing a goldfish mermaid. I hope Oda doen't pull some gay shit like " the love ur enemies and forgive them coz Otohime said so" crap am dreading
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You know in the last discussion someone kind enough to post the link
    where Decken were talking about the treasure box? ...at that page's lowest
    panel you can see an agent carrying a box with the WG logo on it...

So now it's either the WG is involved in planning some hatred onto the FI,
    or that all the Hodi's thing is a matter of ancestral (tying back to the start of
    this arc's breeding concept of the Fishmen);

or it would be something altogether different. Chances are that Big Ma and Joy Boy
    will be left to the NW to be discussed, and not here. The Fishmen got enough
    tough history on their own, and now the Strawhat has introduced Coribou....

As for being a slave yet again..., I personally don't want to see that happens..

I wish this arc will end with Luffy saving the Noah, which will bring all the SH
    straight into the Reverie lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

This is infuriating i feel more coulda been snuck into this chapter but everything in it is so juicy. I guessed from the spoiler Hodi said something that the reader didnt hear but the characters did, but now it may be some kind of thing in his mouth! Enough so that Fukaboshis claims to know his true form? And what does true form even mean in this context? What the hell could be in his mouth that he thinks justifies his hate? Fuck this chapter got me excited

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post

**Scientists suggest that C. megalodon looked like a stockier version of the great white shark, Carcharodon carcharias, in life.

Hody resembles more of megalodon to me ....

I would say .. either because of the pills or something hody is now transforming/transformed into something else... or it might be that he has the genes of some prehistoric shark or he is actually a descendant of someone.. and fukaboshi after seeing the teeth might have come to a conclusion to who might be that person (Tom boy??) ,,, and there is a possibility that robin can solve some mystery here for the hody ... because hody might be knowing some history of his ancestor which is cruel to its core but not true .. that might explain an apology letter too...

or the apology letter is to hody or to his family/lineage..

far fetched but i guess worth mentioning..
    Its kinda nice to learn about the two sharks. I love Sharks. However ur entire theory concerning their relevance here and Hodi's dental work etc seems extremely improbable in my opinion....One reason why I say this is is because we have already met a Carcharodon megalodon in this arc. Oda even aptly named him Megalo and he has been observed by several people to be larger than a normal shark fitting the description.Hodi looks nothing like him by the way.Not that I can see anyway
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    Its kinda nice to learn about the two sharks. I love Sharks. However ur entire theory concerning their relevance here and Hodi's dental work etc seems extremely improbable in my opinion....One reason why I say this is is because we have already met a Carcharodon megalodon in this arc. Oda even aptly named him Megalo and he has been observed by several people to be larger than a normal shark fitting the description.Hodi looks nothing like him by the way.Not that I can see anyway
    Carcharodon megalodon is supposed to be a fierce predator and definitely stronger than a white shark .. moreover the megalo you are talking about is a black shark.... and is a shark.. not a fishman .. but yes the name resemblance is there so the design could be from that .. so i just have to look for some other prehistoric shark... because i am liking the theory of long lasting hatred passing down from centuries through the descendants (since its mine )

About the appearance /// http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Stenoshark.jpg ///

The depiction of a shark's head by Nicolaus Steno in his work, The Head of a Shark Dissected.
    Last edited by Ninja_Pirate; October 05, 2011 at 06:25 AM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member CopyNinjaKakashi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the cover page raises another interesting point. If Cobra is bedridden, it is more than likely that Vivi will be the representative of Alabasta at the reverie, with Pel, Chaka, and possibly Igaram as bodyguards. If the Strawhats do end up going to reverie with the fishmen, this would be a good chance for them to meet Vivi again.
    "I help those who help themselves."

-"Jesus" aka Zoidberg

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 7 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's weird that we are seeing Luffy's fight already...
    Usually, we see the fight of every straw hat, and we end with the boss fight with Luffy...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah.. generally we see luffy's fight got started ... and then everyone s fight starts and ends and then again luffy's fight continues...
    @CopyNinjaKakashi : That's the very valid point that cobra will not be able to go to the reverie this time.. however it sounds improbable that luffy will make an appearance there ... the only way could be is that the world go a lil upside down...

So the chap has been good for me... left lot of excitement for the next chapter (long forgotten feeling)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda, not us, made Hody a "Great White Shark Fishmen", do you aim to shake up facts to your liking? Megalo is approximately as big as the Thousand Sunny, just as a real megalodon would, his name is an obvious abbreviation of the primaeval shark. So he's tamed like a normal animal would have been, as fish can be intelligent pet's to Fishmen/Mermen, as dogs and cats are to us, it's a fantasy story.... nothing has to be as it's in reality.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey guy's THIS IS ODA he can put wathever he wants in Hoo D. Jones backstory! Even something like that, he have been king in future, but because of Othohime and humans, he was unable to fulfil that desire... or he can be related with Joy boy somehow... or he's legendary race and people take over sea's or something like that? ect. ect.

or he knew Roger lol

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Oda, not us, made Hody a "Great White Shark Fishmen", do you aim to shake up facts to your liking? Megalo is approximately as big as the Thousand Sunny, just as a real megalodon would, his name is an obvious abbreviation of the primaeval shark. So he's tamed like a normal animal would have been, as fish can be intelligent pet's to Fishmen/Mermen, as dogs and cats are to us, it's a fantasy story.... nothing has to be as it's in reality.
    Yeah.. that s the reason i said its far fetched.. but i said he could be a descendant of one ... and when i mentioned some link.. that was just for the fact that how things(size, shape etc) can change from one century to another.. anyways .. that doesnt even work properly in fishman case.. as it was previously mentioned that how messed up genetics are in fishman case.. eg- othohime gave birth to princess..

but since prince fukaboshi came to some conclusion after seeing a closeup of hody's open mouth i thought it has to do something with his teeth (one of an idea) ,, from teeth he might relate him to someone .. or some breed is all i guessed.. say not in particular to megalodon (that was just an example)

EDIT : and yeah .. it was a prediction/hypothesis - which is not at all shaking up of facts because it might or might not be true

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is probably just me (I haven't read other posts) but this was a confusing chapter for me. I mean, that whole flash back air tank conversation sorta came out of no where to me. And I'm guessing it happened during the time Hody was stabbing Decken, but the timing still seems off to me.

And for me, I mean...it better be one hell of a revelation if you are going to put something "shocking" in Hody's backstory now. I don't know, this arc is starting to feel like it's just adding in extra things just for the hell of it. It wouldn't surprise me if they (Strawhats vs. NFP) are still fighting well into next year (real world time).

The next chapter I think they are going to get the giant bubble around luffy and he will have his finally square off with Hody, but before they fight it will switch back to the other fights and show those first. I hope it starts with Chopper or Brook's fight first.
    My One Piece Predictions:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Old_Mate's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

There might be something up with Hodi's neck, he's had it covered up in every page, even during the flashback (here).

And if you look at the middle panel, second from the bottom, here, Fukaboshi grabs Hodi by his scarf thing and then asks what Hodi is. The next page clearly shows Fukaboshi with a hand on the dog scarf thing in the top left panel, a zoomed in shot of Hodi's scarf in the next shot, a nice look at his teeth in the next panel, and then a look at Fukaboshi's eye looking down towards the neck area. I've got the feeling Fukaboshi pulled his scarf off for a second in that sequence of panels.

Whatever is up with his neck may explain his new fishman pirate symbol of a decapitated human.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Mate View Post
    There might be something up with Hodi's neck, he's had it covered up in every page, even during the flashback (here).

And if you look at the middle panel, second from the bottom, here, Fukaboshi grabs Hodi by his scarf thing and then asks what Hodi is. The next page clearly shows Fukaboshi with a hand on the dog scarf thing in the top left panel, a zoomed in shot of Hodi's scarf in the next shot, a nice look at his teeth in the next panel, and then a look at Fukaboshi's eye looking down towards the neck area. I've got the feeling Fukaboshi pulled his scarf off for a second in that sequence of panels.

Whatever is up with his neck may explain his new fishman pirate symbol of a decapitated human.
    That s a nice catch.. last time we ha someone hiding some part of body .. it turned out to be a mark of slavery (hancock) ... but it wud b lame if so many characters sad past is same...

New Reply
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast