Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Will we see a Hody flashback?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 43.75%
  • No

9 56.25%
New Reply

Thread: Josef K.'s One Piece Review : Chapter 641

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Josef K.'s One Piece Review : Chapter 641

Introduction:

Sorry if this is late, but I thought that I should do this one, since after reading the chapter over and over again I really liked it, more so than my first impression. So in this one I will show you the poll results of the question asked in the previous poll we will discuss the previous predictions and also give a prediction or predictions about what is ahead for us, so enjoy the review.

641 : What are you?

Cobra..

Ok cover story and we see Cobra is in bed with grey hair, I mean seriously how did he just age all of a sudden in two years? I mean I understand he is old but he did not seem that old, and when people age they do not suddenly have grey hair, does he have some illness maybe? He looks way older, at least to me, so I guess two years is a great time in the One Piece world, hm, anyway Vivi is doing all the shopping and stuff, for the Royal Family? Hah, weird right, imagine wealthy people doing their shopping in real life? So the next cover? We pretty much covered everyone in Alabasta, are we going to see other form Barouqe Works maybe, since they were in this saga, or do we move on to the guys form Jaya? I would love to see the Jaya folks more, because we get closer to water 7 and maybe he CP9.

The Great Man? Joy Boy or other?

Ok, so the chapter reveals certain things at the beginning, Decken is still kind of alive, foaming even more, everyone is worried, it seems Noah is not falling that fast, for me in the last chapter I got the impression something has to be done immediately in the next chapter, meaning this in order to stop, but it seems it will not fall that fast on FI. Now we know that Noah has a history tied with the island and the people, we have been getting chunks of info about that in small sections of chapters, mostly Neptune warning that the end of Noah is not good for FI, now in this chapter we get to see that a great man has left Noah there, no this could be anybody, but tied with this arc, everyone speculated "Joy Boy", since he is kind of behinds other things of historic value on this island. Who is he? More importantly is he now long gone? Did he live during the void century? Or is this Joy Boy guy, Roger, remember Roger wrote on the ponyglyph on Sky Island why not this one in code? So many theories for Joy Boy and his connections more so now that this Great Man is also tied in, which may not be Joy Boy at all. Now we get to actually saving the island and Luffy proposes the idea that I mentioned in the previous review, of him smashing the ship with Gear 3rd possibly? Although still this chapter is tied in with the warning, so Fukaboshi warns Luffy not to do anything that would damage the ship.

Spare teeth anyone? Where is the glass of water?

So the chapter has cool underwater fights, with Luffy vs Hody being in the spotlight, of course Hody bit Luffy, and lost his teeth? What? Yeah poor Hody he lost his teeth, kind of reminds me of an old woman actually, did Hody forget his class of water? I mean he does seems old, so do ES steroids effected this or is Hody able to grow teeth like that always, I mean it was pretty interesting, this chapter was about major things like Noah and it's history and saving the island yet Oda does this with Hody's teeth, what are the odds? He is full of surprises.

Fukaboshi taking lessons from Goku?

Seriously we get reminded of DB this time? Well it looks like Fukaboshi studied with Master Roshi. Anyway... after Luffy gets bitten by Hody the air is running out, so hop to the rescue the Neptune brother, in the spotlight this time Fukaboshi and his Kame ... er no Ultra Marine! So Hody vs Fukaboshi, pretty interesting, Fukaboshi keeps yelling for Hody to tell the reason for his hate and why is he doing all of this? This is where the main thing in this chapter kicks in. It seems Hody does tell or show him what is it? But that is off screen, it seems Hody defeated Fukaboshi and started to open his mouth, what did he show him, I am beyond speculation here, I just want to know, so many mysteries form FI as well, ugh.

Oh so that is it? Huh?

Now this panel tells more than anything for me, and this part of the chapter is super confusing, so Luffy has pals? And they will kind of coat Noah in order for Luffy to fight Hody on it, and slowly they are shooting the bubble at it because Luffy's own bubble is running out of air, so Hody tries to go after Luffy and take advantage of this but Luffy is in Shirahoshis hands, but Hody does a head butt thing for Luffy to be on his own, now Luffy does the "Black Arm" thing that has haki infused in it but it does not work well in water, and Hody is totally pissed off now, he is screaming and shouting his hate for humans, which actually ties in with what we earlier saw of him talking to Fukaboshi about it, and now Fukaboshi again, with Luffy in Shirahoshi's arms is contacted by Fukaboshi he says that he knows Hody's TRUE CHARACTER. More on this in predictions..

Predictions :

This section is reserved this chapter for Hody, so what do you think it is, personally it has nothing to do with him evolving with ES again, since the translation kind of made people come to conclusions that Hody is a hybrid being and that he is part Human and something which it self has loads of theories who are his parents? Which one is human and which one is fishman? This is possible and it would have been good if he was a hybrid, but sadly the rue character thing does not fit in well. Does Fukaboshi mean personality? His past probably? Which would be the question of the week for this review, pretty simple since many debated this a lot, will we see a Hody flashback? Maybe not a long one, but certainly I would love to see WHY? As in why is he doing this, and if you connect that WHY to true character, it is obvious we have to see Hody's past in order to understand, it is something tied within his mouth, the teeth thing maybe? So it will not be a grand flashback but I prefer that to Fukaboshi actually telling Luffy what it is, it's better if we hear it from Hody.

Rating, Credits, question of the week :

Raiting this time again 4/5 but seriously it is 4.5/5 for me, Hody finally getting a story rather than actually being a bigger fodder than some weak marines or something. His back story is promising!

The credits for the pictures go to mangastram/binktopia and the Scanlator team from there.

The question of the week is, Did Hody forgot his glass for the teeth, er no, no I keep confusing this it actually is Will we see a Hody flashback?

Anyway the results from the previous poll:

How will FI be saved or will it not be saved?

Luffy uses gear 3rd
    0 0%

Decken wakes up
    0 0%

Shirahoshi summons giant sea kings
    4 50.00%

Someone else helps/other suggestion
    1 12.50%

It will not be saved
    3 37.50%
    Last edited by Josef K.; October 10, 2011 at 05:32 PM.

2. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josef K.'s One Piece Review : Chapter 641

It was late, but it was really a nice review.
    I bet we will see a flashback of one page only. Does anyone remenber the small flashback Zoro had about Kuina at the begging? Or a flashback like Hancok....
    About the contents of Hodi's past and reason for hatred, i would say he could be a former salve Tiger rescued as a child or Tiger's son! If i'm right, it will be be the first time though! XD

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, a Hancock flashback is what I had in mind, even a WB flashback, the one at the beginning of the war that was one chapter, even the one just before his death about his family, something along those lines would fit Hody.

Lol, tell me about it, Oda is so unpredictable!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review! I really enjoyed reading it and I can see the pictures this time too! .

About Hodi's past, I don't really think we will see a flashback... at least I don't think a flashback is needed to explain why he hates humans so much. We did see him when he was a kid and also as a neptune soldier in the earlier flashback. But who knows....there might be more to his past than we've been shown.

About his teeth....this is something common with shark type fishmen. Arlong showed his ability to grow multiple pairs of teeth when he faught Luffy. But it's still funny to see a toothless Hodi .

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

About the pictures Josef, the subtitles comments with the good humor makes the reading really enjoyable! I'll look foward to the next one.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    About the pictures Josef, the subtitles comments with the good humor makes the reading really enjoyable! I'll look foward to the next one.
    Ditto.

Also I forgot to mention....I found it kinda strange and funny how it takes an expert coater like Rayleigh 3 days (?) to properly coat a ship... and this chapter we see that something a third the size of an island can be coated almost instantly from a distance while completely submerged.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes Arlong, it has been such long time! Thanks! >.>

I try to keep the review lighthearted as Oda's manga is meant to have a large humor part in it!

The bubble for Noah is still not complete, I really like to see that one fully revealed, I mean it may be a way to save FI yet no one ever predicted that.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the review.I've voted yes,because I hope we will see the reason!

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply