Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 348 Discussion/349 Prediction Thread

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 348 Discussion/349 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain
    it's kinda sad that Katou individuality and personality is gone.
    I was also thinking that it felt odd regarding Katou on that part.

Quote Quote:
    I didn't think we needed to see a full msg board conversation and the part with his irrelevant family could of been shortened.
    I wanted to see a little more of the survivors or civilians and how they were doing. I'm glad to see there being a little support for Kei on the net.
    I wonder if anyone will display the footage from the oni alien video, showing the black suit people for the first publicly. I'm all for a mini net revolutionary info war.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Rain View Post
    Meh too many pages were wasted in my opinion. I didn't think we needed to see a full msg board conversation and the part with his irrelevant family could of been shortened.

Also I didn't like how everyone has turned into Kurono sheep. What should we do? Give us an answer Kurono? Should we wipe our butts Kei?? It's pretty much expected of Reika that's the only purpose her character has but after rereading some older chapters it's kinda sad that Katou individuality and personality is gone. I would of rather hear him say something along the lines of, "We should help him" instead Kurono????

That all aside though, a nice standard Gantz death. Just wished we got to know the character a bit more before he was offed.
    He is just another expendable extra. But I agree with you that everyone seems to turn to kei for answers a little too readily.

That aside its clear from this chapter that swords are ineffective against the monsters that spawn balls of light, but the H-gun works really well .
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I was also thinking that it felt odd regarding Katou on that part.

I wanted to see a little more of the survivors or civilians and how they were doing. I'm glad to see there being a little support for Kei on the net.
    I wonder if anyone will display the footage from the oni alien video, showing the black suit people for the first publicly. I'm all for a mini net revolutionary info war.
    Well I agree I guess. It is important to have the story show more of what's happening with the world and it was interesting to see their perspective as well as seeing someone stand up for Kurono. I guess I just didn't like how it was presented. I kinda got bored of just seeing, what like 4 pages of just onscreen text?

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    He is just another expendable extra. But I agree with you that everyone seems to turn to kei for answers a little too readily.
    Who Katou? He was a very strong supporting character who actions and opinions influenced the manga and other characters including Kei a lot. For a short period of time I would argue he was the main character, or atleast a temporary one.
    Last edited by Forever Rain; September 24, 2011 at 09:48 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

@ForeverRain: You're probably right about the wasted pages... Kei's parents have NEVER been relevant. Why start now? (I didn't even realise they were there when I was reading the raw.. no one cares about them). I guess Oku felt it necessary to reiterate that his family is still ashamed of him. Still no idea if anyone in the story is even aware that Akira's dead yet lol. Oku is really terrible at story telling... Anyway the website pages and TV weren't that bad. If anything we need more of a perspective of what's going on in Tokyo.

Katou's personality is still there. It just happens that Kei is meeting all the criteria that pretty much defines Katou at this point. There's no need for him to step up because Kei hasn't hesitated to help people yet. It doesn't help that Oku is skimming over most of the side characters. Did Katou manage to find Ayamu or what?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    @ForeverRain: You're probably right about the wasted pages... Kei's parents have NEVER been relevant. Why start now?
    Oku (probably) believes their relationship needs closure.

The whole point of Akira was to show that he still cared for Kurono even if he was totally indiferent to him as a brother, on top of that he was his mortal enemy as a vampire. He was killed because he tried to save him.

Something similar might happen here...right now it seems like his dad could stab Kei in the back but at the end both mom and dad are going to lose their lives to save him or something liek that.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kusomaru View Post
    Props to Mote and Utopia for a kickass translation! (and to PotatoBaron for the scan.)

Kurono was badass this chapter. Some great artwork in this chapter; I especially dig the whole page dramatic zoom in on Kurono lining up the shot, and the Z-gun shot page. (Was the Z-gun named as such in the manga? Or is it just a nickname like H-gun?) Kaiji getting his pimpsword on was cool. Tae looks like she's baked. I guess being in an alien environment can be stressful, so I'm not blaming her.
    I keep forgetting where it was mentioned but the correct name for that gun is the Z gun.

As for Tae, yeah she looks pretty much out if it. I'd imagine that when she see Kei - she will get a re-charge.

Quote Quote:
    >Google "Kurono Kei". He's the dude who was fucking Reika. Now I really want him to die.
    >Did he kill her?
    >He flipped out and killed her, now he's...
    I lol'd. I love how the people just make crap up.
    I also found that funny or amusing.

Quote Quote:
    Going from the BBS/forum comments, it seems someone ratted on Tokyo team being in the Gantz apartment. Maybe that played a role in the aliens hacking into the apartment.
    Could that have played a role? Possible, your guess is good as mine. Someone might have seen the gantzers going into the building or being there at some point. They were hacked when Gantz was looking into something on the ship, if I recall.

Quote Quote:
    So, Sekine's the first to die. Who's next? Let's place bets. Winners get to say that they called it, and get huge e-penors.

Ryuuji - for sure
    Toshio
    Nerdo
    Mary
    Sakurai
    Kaiji
    Takeda
    Kei2
    Kaze
    Reika
    Anzu
    Kato
    Nishi
    Takeshi
    Kei
    Tae
    Good question, obviously the main cast is going to be safe. I have no clue. Something tells me that Nerdo and Anzu are going to be safe. I also get the feeling that Mary won't die yet.

@Damura - It's true that Kei stepped up or in as the leader role. I still say it felt kind of weird though.

@ Rain - More or less, I agree.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved when 2ch had the part "Thats the guy fucking reika, damn now I really want him to die.." rofl.
    Yeah I thought Katou would say 'No we should help him, his human' but I guess he was depending on what kei would do. Kurono did the right thing, he thought if I stuff around then more will die. It was shards of him in the budda mission (How Katou and Kishimoto saw him as acting like Nishi with no mercy).

Funny how on tv everyone can believe a 17 year could be the leader of the terrorist group. The aliens must of gave that photo because Eeva Gund Wants his blood.

I wonder if ANY OTHER gantzers will attack the aliens (eg zanshin w/e they are called) you would think that they will attack the weak spot now too.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Thing is he wasn't human... and no one has any idea how they could help him. I mean seriously what was Katou going to say?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

You could say he is human though. It was his body.
    I just think the old katou would try to protect but I agree he couldn't really say anything to what happen. Reika kinda did though, she ask kei what should we do.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Which part of him was human? He had dozens of heads, each saying a different thing. I think after seeing all those corpses he's not so willing to take any chances.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at it from their views, he has a human face/s lol A comrade who has been infected. It is a human if he is still alive, thats why at the end he was able to say thank you for stopping the pain.

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jide's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

This was a good chapter, Kurono was taking the right step in dealing with Monster Sekine. That expression in his eyes before he took the shot sold this chapter.

I wish Katou would grow some balls and use the Y-gun more, it’s the only effective weapon which can deal with those insect creatures orbs.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    Look at it from their views, he has a human face/s lol A comrade who has been infected. It is a human if he is still alive, thats why at the end he was able to say thank you for stopping the pain.
    I don't know, Katou dealt with this before in the buddah mission and still attacked the guy who became part of that alien. He even gave up his moral code to rekill the same alien.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting chapter had the right mix of action and drama for me,also if the giants can hack and control Gantz why can't they just resurrect the brother of Eeva Gund? Unless they can't because the black balls are no longer working ,them not being able to do anything but teleport people may be linked to some kind of fail safe to prevent the aliens from stealing the secrets of Gantz.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I keep forgetting where it was mentioned but the correct name for that gun is the Z gun.
    Kei calls it a Z-gun on chapter 344 page one, never understood why it is a z-gun and not a h-gun it looks nothing like a z.
    http://www.mangareader.net/gantz/344

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

X Gun - Y Gun - Z Gun

It was called Z Gun since the Gantz cellphone game, Oku just made it officially canon in the manga a few chapters ago.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast