Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 348 Discussion/349 Prediction Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 348 Discussion/349 Prediction Thread

Personally, I'd have thought it pretty naive if Kato had tried to stop Kei from taking the shot. It was a rough situation, but really not much else they could do for Sekine.

As for who goes down next; the survivor obviously doesn't look like he can take much more. Kind of surprised he's lasted this long actually.

Then I guess I'd predict Ryuuji. George Clooney has to do something awesome as the team's Old Man before going down. Make Suzuki proud.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member anime9999's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I also agree that humans have no choice but to pretend wanting peace with the giants.
    They condemned Kei and the Gantzers, which is a politically correct act, just to avoid any future problem with them.
    Last edited by anime9999; September 25, 2011 at 07:24 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing I'm curious about is if Sekine is really still conscious of what he's doing or if it's just words for dramatic effect after his body essentialy got possessed.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matariel View Post
    The thing I'm curious about is if Sekine is really still conscious of what he's doing or if it's just words for dramatic effect after his body essentialy got possessed.
    I cant really make solid decision regarding that question. Perhaps a portion of his original self remained that was-still "him".

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

He started shooting everywhere so it was a trap. But who knows, best to be left up for our minds to decide.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

His brain was gone the moment his head burst open... everything else was some mutation.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matariel View Post
    Well at first I thought it was just the spore stealing his memories and pretending to be him so it can get the first shot but when he/it got shot with the z-gun a few of the surviving heads said it is better of this way and to let him die to me this seems to indicate a part of him is actually still alive since the creature would never say something like that but that doesn't really mean anything since it also seemed he had only control over his mind the creature was controlling his new mutated body.
    Last edited by Cernz; September 27, 2011 at 12:26 PM.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    He started shooting everywhere so it was a trap. But who knows, best to be left up for our minds to decide.
    True and I do not believe we can get a clear answer on that question from the chapter. Unless something about this bizarre effect is explained in the future. Which I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    His brain was gone the moment his head burst open... everything else was some mutation.
    Another good point. Though those new mutations had functioning mini heads and appeared to have some conscious knowledge of what was happening to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday
    Kurono did the right thing, he thought if I stuff around then more will die. It was shards of him in the budda mission (How Katou and Kishimoto saw him as acting like Nishi with no mercy).
    The panel with Kei's eyes showing determination was rather wicked.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

interesting how spores could recreate gantz tech

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gryphonZark View Post
    That is a little bizarre, whether you want to call it a disease or high-level technology... I'm not so sure. I think someone mentioned in a earlier post comparing it to Nuri's multi level transformations.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gryphonZark View Post
    That didn't make a lick of sense to me.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How does it not make sense? Do you know how it works? Was the spores duplicating the same molecules? Who says they were clones, what if they were copies. Anything can be copied and reproduced. Lets not nit pick about the small stuff.

Anyway to the people that replied to somethings I said. I don't necessary think it was a good idea to let him live (even though it was a sad and tragic death.) my concern was with Katou asking Kei what they should do. I didn't want to see him turn into a Kei cheerleader and with them back together the thing I was waiting to see the most would be how their relationship would change. I guess I just wanted him to maintain his independence in a way. Like have his own actions, whether trying to save him, confronting him or even shooting him too. Not "kei what should we do???" Kishimoto is about to be raped, Kei what should we do?? The buddha statue took you out Kei...Kei what should we dooo???

Maybe I'm the one nit picking now but this thing that's bugging me is apart of a lot of things that sorta been annoying me so far so I guess it spilled into this. I like Kei when he was average and not giving up not this Messiah version. Most people would go, "oh lets rank the strongest Gantzers, of course Kei is 1st and 2nd will be Izumi etc etc." Yeah that's fine may be true now but I originally separated the because Kei used teamwork and fought for others and didn't give up where as Izumi was naturally more skilled than him. But now Kei is the best fighter, the best most well rounded nice kind freindly personality, who got the girl next door and at the same time got the super model and everyone just goes "go Kei go!" and of course he's going to be the hero etc.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not bitchy like some people who's going to go "oh I'm dropping Gantz!" It's just a turn the manga took that I disagreed with that's all.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ So the spores are perfectly copying the mechanism in the X rifle?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Yes, the spores somehow duplicate everything (though clearly not perfectly). If it can duplicate anything at all there's no reason why it can't duplicate Gantz tech.

The thing about Kei and Katou is... Kei was gone for a long time, and he changed A LOT over the course of the 5 months or so that Katou was dead. Even at Katou's best he never compared to Kei the way he is now. Kei doesn't hesitate in the face of danger anymore. Kei's the better leader and both of them know it. It's sort of come full circle to the way things were before in school. Kei would take all the risks and Katou would follow along..

None of the 'side' characters really have an opportunity to shine until Kei makes a mistake. It's always been this way. The only reason Nishi or Cherry got any development is because they went their own ways.

I think it makes sense for everyone to rally behind Kei, but it doesn't exactly keep everybody else interesting.
    Last edited by Damura; September 28, 2011 at 08:10 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ But how? The spores are immaterial or at least appear to be. How are they creating something out of nothing?

New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast