Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 348 Discussion/349 Prediction Thread

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 348 Discussion/349 Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EliteBeatAgents View Post
    @Charlie

I find it kinda odd from the news report people are so nonchalant, it's as if nothing happen.
    If it was America I'm pretty sure people would still be riled up for the fact that it got nuked and hunting of the human race.
    It seems that they have been easily conned into believing that the giants want Peace and that the Gantzers are now terrorists. The citizens are in denial and don't want to admit whats been going on.

They would very much like to go back to their everyday lives. Given the lack information the ordinary citizens have, them wanting peace or being so nonchalant as you put it doesn't bother me that much. The exception should be the small pockets that Kei and other Gantzers saved or rescued.

If Gantzers could some get some feeds of whats really going on in the giant's ship then the citizens would not be so gullible.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...

Sekine says "Don't kill me! Find a way to help me!" and the bald guy is like "No! Kill him!". Kei shoots him and Sekine's heads (each one says something different) say "You should die too / It hurts! / Thank you / Kill me fast".

Kurono's parents are watching TV when Kurono's face comes up as the leader of the terrorist group, don't know who the other people are though...

People start talking about how much Kurono sucks in the internets and something else...Then a guy comes out like potatobaron says defending Kurono and the other guys.

Finally, they wipe out all the mantis and the new hammer head bugs appear.

The bald guy as always says "We're doomed! We are going to die!"
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I find it kinda odd from the news report people are so nonchalant, it's as if nothing happen.
    If it was America I'm pretty sure people would still be riled up for the fact that it got nuked and hunting of the human race.
    It's Gantz.

People in Gantz are the most nonchalant people when it comes to life or death situations.

Everyone else is getting massacred around you? It's probably a movie and cool special effects, so you'll stay around and watch.

You just saw a bunch of your friends die in front of your face? It's okay, I'll just walk off by myself immediately afterwards.

You're naked, on an alien ship and see a bunch of weird looking things? You stand around, even when they begin killing your people.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kenshi's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

I could translate all the chapter but I guess is better wait for Mangatopia. If you guys are curious about something, you can ask me

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    The bald guy as always says "We're doomed! We are going to die!"
    Yeah but now they're really doomed.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

lol why is KURONO the terrorist leader of all people. Least intimidating guy on the team. Would have been cool if Oku had shown what the other teams are up to. Could have blamed it all on Kurono as the mastermind or something.

Kurono 2's starting to look bad ass again today. You can tell Oku's hyping up Kaiji as well.
    Last edited by Damura; September 23, 2011 at 06:38 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member anime9999's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, maybe if they can just die and stop this non-ending mind-torturing story.

Every two weeks we get the "OMG here is a very bad monster... they're going to die..." feeling, while we are in fact looking for the story to progress and to give us key elements in order to answer all the questions in our minds.

This feeling has no more effects on me. I honestly think Oku doesn't respect his readers like this... he's just out of his mind.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member M-Hario's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Scan is out, enjoy it.

Thanks to PotatoBaron for the raw and mote for translating the chapter!

http://mangatopia.net/manga/gantz-en/chapter/348
    Recruiting Translators for seinen manga!

Utopia v3.0 scantrad

12. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Yeah but now they're really doomed.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

lol why is KURONO the terrorist leader of all people. Least intimidating guy on the team. Would have been cool if Oku had shown what the other teams are up to. Could have blamed it all on Kurono as the mastermind or something.

Kurono 2's starting to look bad ass again today. You can tell Oku's hyping up Kaiji as well.

They could've gone with either Kurono or even Cherry since they have both gone on solo missions slaughtering the aliens. You would think Cherry would be a better target since he slaughtered civilians but they went with Kurono. Perhaps they went with him cause their's two of him now so they can spin some sort of story of how he's acually an alien who can split his form into many and cause deceive the ones he calls his allies to fight by his side.

Though even Cherry could be depicted as an alien of sorts with his psychic abilities. As for the way people are acting, I think it's actually a natural reaction to how one would react to aliens and scifi stuff happening in a "real world" scenario. If I recall correctly when Izumi went on the killing rampage people were scared and running for their lives since that's a real scenario that could happen where a person goes crazy and decides to go on a shooting rampage. Though a scenario where a bunch of mythological creatures are running rampage and causing destruction and mayhem with another group fighting them off just feels to unreal that you would only thing this is some sort of special effect.

Also I don't like those orbs, it's possible the aliens are actually controlling them since what fun would a fight be if everyone turned into a monster it would take away from the excitement of watching people fight for their lives if everyone turned. Also it is possible that the orbs will only infect certain people while it's unclear as to what the requirements are I would think that perhaps being arrogant might be a requirement. With that one guy I"m not sure if that was actually his girl but he was all up and mighty about how he would protect her, then he turns and the first thing he does is kill her. He doesn't even speak much unlike Makoto who actually seemed to be very much in control of his body. Hm, I wonder if the Y-gun would help in this situation, right now the Gantzers are only thinking of big weaponry to fight with but they totally neglect the non-lethal weaponry of the y-gun. While it is unclear where it would actually send the person perhaps it would be better then just killing them.

I had really hoped they would think more into it rather then kill him it really seemed like he could've been onto something to negate the effects of the balls but he was just missing something. I do feel like perhaps the fear in the mind is what creates the multiple copies of the person, when a person is fearing death they tend to think about themselves a lot and it's possible those thoughts manifest into copies of themselves surrounded all over their body. While that chaos is going on the secondary function of the orb is to take control of the moving functions of the body so while the person in question can still talk he can't really do anything. I feel like the orb mutates the body with the brain telling the cells to evolves into certain parts though it kinda goes against it when you consider that glasses and even gantz body parts are duplicated in the process. So it is kinda hard to tell as to why it all duplicates in such a way though I had hope that perhaps they could've found a way to help him.

It does seem like he would've been vital on the mission he does seem to be one of the brainy ones that could've figured out some of the critical thinking for the group but with him knocked out they are just moving a step closer to a straight up beatdown group lol.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought the team might be able to save sekine as he cry for help...

Noticed that the alien did not go on the offensive in the first place. Only when provoked, their self defense mechanism activate. The children are unharmed.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man this is starting to get annoying will they let kurono be reunited with tae and get it over with and screw his parents and the rest for some reason every person in gantz besides the gantzers seem like idiots the giants came down and killed them and they believe they want peace wouldn't they have tried to negotiate before attacking anyone with a brain would see the aliens are trying to get rid of the only true resistance they've come up against and his parents are truly annoying would probably stab him in the back if he was foolish enough to go to them but he never trusted them anyway so I doubt that will happen I hope sakurai kills the giants watching on the screen bring the show to them
    Last edited by 9tails23; September 23, 2011 at 12:33 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Youth Explodes!'s Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the first time that we get a full image of Kurono's parents, isn't it? I remember seeing them in the nanotech vampire brother backstory, but it wasn't as clear.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

People are too scared to think properly in a situation like this one, if the monsters just say "we want peace" they'll buy it since there is not really another option.

They don't know the hunters, who were introduced for the first time to the masses as an actual group, are the only ones capable of handling the giants...fuck, i wouldn't be surprised if some of them thought the armies of the world were enough to handle the giants.

Most of the survivors are people in hiding who have not seen the whole picture outside. On top of that, the now giant controled media is doing a good job of making people think the hunters are terrorists.

There could be a thousand of reasons why an "invasion" could be halted in the middle just to negotiate "peace" later.

They are dumb and Oku writes them like that most of the time, but it's not really that far-fetched that they buy the Giants lies.

EDIT: Pretty much the same as this time.

http://www.mangareader.net/97-1317-1...apter-155.html
    Last edited by GAT-X252; September 23, 2011 at 01:35 PM.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the way Sekine's heads were saying something different was well done.
    "Thank you, I know it's for the best..." "You should die too!" It's like all his final mixed thoughts coming out at once..

Wonder if those lights fade away, or they just keep drifting out of the area? Must suck for a big guy like Kaze to keep dodging them.

And honestly I hardly remembered that Kei even had parents. lol

The Giants have the media, guess Kei got labelled the leader when he killed Gund's Brother.
    Nice that some survivors are actually defending the Gantzers though.

The way the crowd's cheering reminds me of them bringing out the big guns in Gladiator. Guess it just gets worse.

Damn, when I saw page 14 I never felt sad/depressed for a gantz character until now. God this feeling sucks.
    Never? Heh, can't say everyone's had it easy up til now.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't even remember that interaction with his parents or those panels of Akira. Where they added in the volume release? No wonder Kei was the way he was at the start of the manga, with a family like that it's a surprise he wasn't more of a dick.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The author did a wonderful job making the message board discussion identical to a right wing 2 chan thread.

He should have just called the chapter "F**k you twochan scum!"

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast