Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz 348 Discussion/349 Prediction Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 348 Discussion/349 Prediction Thread

I think its amazing that the internet and TV are still working. I guess the giants would knock them out if it wasn't more convenient for them to use it against the gantzers.

I thought for sure cherry would make this chapter. He will get a full chapter soon I'm sure of it.

I'm starting to think the giants released a colorless odorless gas into cities that make people INCREDIBLY STUPID. Would anyone in their right mind actually think there could be peace with all the mass killings and capturing and eating of humans. Even if the people on the message boards lived on some remote island there should be at least some people that escaped the devestation to contradict what pro-giant people are saying. I guess they are still in too much shock to get online or turn a TV on.

@ GAT: I guess I was right that the bright balls can copy guns and suits, glasses gantzer was firing multiple weapons.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol why does the guy have glasses on every head
    maybe its gantz tech gone wild ( since it was a little orb)
    I feel so bad for him!!!!!!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's that well known that Giants eat people.

They usually eat them inside the spaceship after the pool process and those armorless giants who were eating some in the middle of the street looked like a bunch of high military people who were just fooling around, something that might not be frequent in the city like the mass killings of the soldiers.

They don't know either what the cages are for other than capturing humans.

It seems like normal people see this as a war? not as an invasion or an extermination, without tv or radio they don't know how bad the situation is for humanity as a whole. They don't know the real reason why the giants have stopped the mass killings in the streets, maybe they are thinking the military was causing them trouble and because of that the giants wanted to stop the fight.

And it's not like they love the giants, they just don't want see soldiers killing dozens in the streets.

PD: Yes, it seems you were and it's insane they can duplicate gantz tech so easily, this could give the giants a big advantage
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SK-Hao View Post
    I think its amazing that the internet and TV are still working. I guess the giants would knock them out if it wasn't more convenient for them to use it against the gantzers. .
    It was out for a while, it only came back on to show the Anti-Gantzer propoganda.

Quote Quote:
    I'm starting to think the giants released a colorless odorless gas into cities that make people INCREDIBLY STUPID. Would anyone in their right mind actually think there could be peace with all the mass killings and capturing and eating of humans. Even if the people on the message boards lived on some remote island there should be at least some people that escaped the devestation to contradict what pro-giant people are saying. I guess they are still in too much shock to get online or turn a TV on.
    Can't say the destruction's a secret to anyone at this point, but if we were at war with a race that could decimate all of the world's superpowers faster than the Combine, I think plenty of people would be willing to jump at a chance for peace.

And we are seeing a few people saying it's a lie. Whether anyone will actually agree, or want to believe them, is yet to be seen.
    Last edited by York; September 23, 2011 at 07:34 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mcd693's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/g...apter-348.html

Who is the guy in the bottom left corner?

He looks like shit. His eyes are all dark. Either he's not sleeping much or that kid is sick.

Oh and how come cherry isn't on the cover?

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

He looked a lot like a more aggressive version of Cherry to me when he was first introduced..

Nishi looks retarded in the other corner.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Lol I just read the translation...

950: Everything on the TV is a lie!

952: >950 you obviously aren't Japanese.

wtf?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo,

Decided to read up on Gantz... didn't regret it.
    Its sad that new guys are just fooder...
    LOL at Gantz dying in da ball ^_^

Tho its lame that most of answers where dished out so soon... Idea of brain scan explains like third of the technology >.>

Bill Gates said true after all. Rich people indeed where watching Gantzers fight, its just that he didn't mention the fact that they where off world >.>

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member EliteBeatAgents's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by York View Post
    It was out for a while, it only came back on to show the Anti-Gantzer propoganda.

Can't say the destruction's a secret to anyone at this point, but if we were at war with a race that could decimate all of the world's superpowers faster than the Combine, I think plenty of people would be willing to jump at a chance for peace.

And we are seeing a few people saying it's a lie. Whether anyone will actually agree, or want to believe them, is yet to be seen.
    See I would agree with the jumping at peace if wasn't for the fact that America stepped their shit up and already found the alien's weakpoint.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

@Damura
    2ch honestly acts like that, you be surprised at some of the dumb shit they talk about, especially how most feel about other asians people.

Also it's 2ch, and not 2chan. 2chan is the imageboard, while 2ch is the text board which the real posters post on.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Random thought, but we haven't seen Kato use his y-gun much lately. Would be kind of ironic if he shot someone, and they were near the area it actually sends its targets to.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteBeatAgents View Post
    See I would agree with the jumping at peace if wasn't for the fact that America stepped their shit up and already found the alien's weakpoint.
    Their Gantzers did anyway, hard to say just how well their country's overall resistance is going, or if the Gantz teams are being demonized all around the world.

Haven't seen much evidence that the tv broadcasting or communications are anything but local.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

EliteBeatAgents: No one in Tokyo knows about the Americans. Don't forget all media is likely controlled by the giants (unless you count online). We don't even know if America succeeded... I mean the giants can quickly and easily fuck them up if they want to. They can control Gantz...

The only guy that knows the Americans are actually succeeding is Nishi at this point.

@York: Katou was holding the Y-gun in the present chapter. He used it the last time we saw him fight, so it wasn't that long ago. He sent a couple of giants. That would be kind of funny. E.g. someone's hit by a spore, Katou sends them, and 5 minutes later they run into the guy again in another part of the ship, especially if they continued to expand in the meantime. I guess we know how big they can get if you don't put a stop to them.

---------- Post added September 25, 2011 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was September 24, 2011 at 11:58 PM ----------

@Sollum: I think we can be reasonably sure that Kaiji will last for a while. Oku has a hard on for sword fights.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kusomaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Props to Mote and Utopia for a kickass translation! (and to PotatoBaron for the scan.)

Kurono was badass this chapter. Some great artwork in this chapter; I especially dig the whole page dramatic zoom in on Kurono lining up the shot, and the Z-gun shot page. (Was the Z-gun named as such in the manga? Or is it just a nickname like H-gun?) Kaiji getting his pimpsword on was cool. Tae looks like she's baked. I guess being in an alien environment can be stressful, so I'm not blaming her.

>Google "Kurono Kei". He's the dude who was fucking Reika. Now I really want him to die.
    >Did he kill her?
    >He flipped out and killed her, now he's...
    I lol'd. I love how the people just make crap up.

-------

Those orbs seem like a giant-made sophisticated pesticide. Not completely unlike some things human make. If not, then you'd think an outbreak on their worldship would be a big deal, but they seem to laugh at the humans dealing with it, suggesting they are both familiar with and unafraid of the orbs. Another possibility is they just picked the orbs up somewhere, and the area is some sort of Roman lion pit, giants style.

Going from the BBS/forum comments, it seems someone ratted on Tokyo team being in the Gantz apartment. Maybe that played a role in the aliens hacking into the apartment.

So, Sekine's the first to die. Who's next? Let's place bets. Winners get to say that they called it, and get huge e-penors.

Ryuuji - for sure
    Toshio
    Nerdo
    Mary
    Sakurai
    Kaiji
    Takeda
    Kei2
    Kaze
    Reika
    Anzu
    Kato
    Nishi
    Takeshi
    Kei
    Tae

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaze. He's fucked.

I noticed that Kei1 was shown as the terrorist leader. On TV he had no clothes on - just the suit. You'd think Kei2 (being the actual leader) would be more likely.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

that picture looks similar to the picture that the aliens have for having killed Eva Gund's brother. if the media have the same picture that the aliens have, then that further proves that the media is being controlled without a doubt (not like there ever was any doubt).
    as for those bone looking aliens at the end, it doesn't look like they can shoot out spores upon death seeing as they're just bones and no flesh (assuming those are actual bones). but that shouldn't make us think that they're less dangerous. i wonder what those hammer-head bone aliens can do.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Don't forget the chicken thing. Looked like it was made of stone or whatever.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Forever Rain's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh too many pages were wasted in my opinion. I didn't think we needed to see a full msg board conversation and the part with his irrelevant family could of been shortened.

Also I didn't like how everyone has turned into Kurono sheep. What should we do? Give us an answer Kurono? Should we wipe our butts Kei?? It's pretty much expected of Reika that's the only purpose her character has but after rereading some older chapters it's kinda sad that Katou individuality and personality is gone. I would of rather hear him say something along the lines of, "We should help him" instead Kurono????

That all aside though, a nice standard Gantz death. Just wished we got to know the character a bit more before he was offed.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast