Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Against who/what do you think will be the final confrontation?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Priscilla

17 47.22%
  • Destroyer

1 2.78%
  • Teresa

6 16.67%
  • Raki

1 2.78%
  • Clare

1 2.78%
  • Male Claymores

0 0%
  • Rubel

4 11.11%
  • Rimuto

0 0%
  • Dae himself

1 2.78%
  • An "Uber Creation" of Dae's

0 0%
  • Organization

1 2.78%
  • Dragons

1 2.78%
  • Continent

2 5.56%
  • Hysteria, Cassandra, and/or Roxanne

0 0%
  • Miria, Deneve, and/or Helen

0 0%
  • God of Rabona

0 0%
  • Goddess Teresa and/or Goddess Clare

0 0%
  • Other

1 2.78%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clare's Final Opponent

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clare's Final Opponent

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    This is just my own belief/understanding:

Clare's guilt of causing Teresa's death: CURED, thanks to Irene's chat with Clare.

Clare's Revenge Desire/Goal/Purpose/Mission upon Priscilla: It'll only be cured with Priscilla's death

Clare's HATRED/Unforgivability/"Yunicevi !!!" of HERSELF: INcurable, Clare will always HATE and be unable to forgive herself, it's Clare's "TRUE DESPAIR", as she herself has testified this to us:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    err... this actually isn't the correct quote.... I'll find and provide it later today!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(the correct quote, "coming soon", later today)
    Err, I forgot to do this... my bad.... so here it is:

ch 24, pgs ~ 22-23

page ~ 22:

Clare: My existence to her [Priscilla as a Claymore and as an Awakened] was nothing more than a stone by the side of the road. I wasn't enough to fill her [Awakened Priscilla's] belly. Or, perhaps, I didn't even get reflected in her [Awakened Priscilla's] eyes.

Page ~ 23:

Clare: I couldn't even hate the beast [Priscilla] that killed Teresa. It was me, overcome by fear, that I couldn't forgive.

----

Clare knows TRUE DESPAIR:

Clare's own weakness, fear, and lack of hatred, as she just watched her beloved Teresa get killed before her eyes, as she just watched Teresa's decapitated head falling to the ground. "It was me, overcome by fear, that I couldn't forgive (Clare, ch 24, pg ~ 23)."

ch. 27, pgs ~ 23-25:

Lido "Spiderman" male AB: Well, I guess it's time. I gave you taste of true despair.

ch. 28, pgs ~ 26-28:

Helen: It's hopeless. This is the end. There's nothing I can do. It's like he said. This is true despair.

Clare responding to Helen: After only this?

Clare to everyone: I've known a far greater opponent* ... And felt true despair.

*lol, Clare, you mean you known the GREATEST opponent, THEE Awakened Priscilla, hehe

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel L View Post
    While I am still quite new to Claymore, it seems to me that Clare's final opponent has to be Clare. I was never a big fan of Raki, because I always thought him as having the same role as Clare did for Teresa and he was a very poor imitation. These days I think of him as just the promise of a loving relationship for Clare (I still think he was awkwardly written at the beginning, to much like a brother that the romance just seemed wrong) Teresa was raised by the organization as a weapon, purposely neglecting the human side and Clare helped her find it, Clare on the other hand was full of the human spirit to start with, and after Teresa's death started to loose it being consumed with her quest for vengeance. While I see a battle with Priscilla as a likely event with the outcome of Clare winning the fight, the real battle in the fight will be for Clare's humanity, if she strikes her down Priscilla out of anger or vengeance she gives up the last remaining part of humanity, if instead she spares her, or finds a way to forgive her before killing her she saves her humanity.
    I have no idea how Claymore will end, or who the "final boss" will be (though I got a wild theory of it being Rubel, the true-real LEADER of the Organization, hehe), if there even is one for that matter.

I don't think Clare's humanity vs monstrosity will be the "final battle/opponent", because Yagi has already shown us Clare's decision: Revenge. Clare's sole existence is to take Priscilla's head.

Quote Originally Posted by HK
    Clare's path in life is solely that of Priscilla's death.

(incomplete. took too long. too much work)

(see bottom of my post for the ultimate confirmation of what I've said about Clare, as being correct)

1. chapter 24 pages 22-29

"I couldn't even hate the beast that killed Teresa. It was me, overcome by fear, that I couldn't forgive."

"I don't recall how I lived after that. I only knew I was searching for a stranger dressed in black."

"I want you to put Teresa's flesh and blood inside me!"

"And that's how I became the first person ever to knock on the Organization's door of her own free will!"

2. chapter 25 pages 12-19

"You never change. Always doing things the hard way..... Or could it be?"

"You were hoping for that......."

"Do you want Priscilla's head?"

"....It's too bad. It isn't you."

3. chapter 37 pages 1-30. chapter 38 pages 1-31

(too many lines. Entire chapter shows Clare's determination to kill Priscilla. Irene wants Clare to live. But, Clare just wants to kill Priscilla)

4. chapter 39 page 21 and pages 29-31. chapter 40 pages 20-37

"I just wanted to kill my brother's murderer! I just wanted revenge on the monster that killed my brother!.... It's that. That one horned monster's fault!"

"What are you? You."

"I'm Clare, number 47. I've taken on Teresa's flesh and Irene's right arm."

"I'm the one who's going to take the head of that one horned monster Priscilla. Forgive me. But, I have to take your soul, too."

(too many lines. Clare is clearly shown determined to take Priscilla's life, as seen in Ophelia's game, designed to test how much Clare wants to kill Priscilla and whether Clare has the potential to be able to do so)

5. chapter 45 page 31 and chapter 46 page 5

"Tell me the name of the man in the north, I am going to kill his woman."

6. Etc....

7. Chapter 100

8. chapter 101

9. Etc...

Especially chapter 37 page 19:

"You said I should have forgotten everything and lived as a human, but there's no way I could do that. At that time Teresa was everything to me. Everything I lost. My life, my voice, even my joy in living. Teresa gave those back to me. Teresa gave me everything. So I had no choice but to move forward. I wasn't strong enough to forget all that and go on living."
    and we see Clare choosing (and proving me right about her) revenge over her humanity:

ch. 100 pg ~ 8: RAWR, CHARGE AND KILL PRISCILLA (#1) ! (Nice Panties Clare! *HK grins*)

ch. 100 pg ~18: ENCORE! RAWR, CHARGE AND KILL PRISCILLA (#2) ! (doh, Clare's ?skirt-dress? is down and covering her bottom, lol)

ch 100 pg ~ 24: Clare: I'm sorry, I'm abandoning my humanity.

ch 100 pg ~25: Clare: (paraphrasing) just wanted to meet, say goodbye, and know that Raki is safe. But, Raki's nothing, as "I intending to do this [AWAKEN AND KILL PRISCILLA!] from the very beginning, as soon as I met this girl [Priscilla, currently] in front of me [as I know this one-horned monster from long ago. I already know who this one-horned monster is, Deneve+Helen, and I'm going to AWAKEN AND TAKE HER HEAD!]... My sole reason for living is simply to kill her [Priscilla]".

ch. 99 pgs ~ 14, 16, 18, 19, 20-21, and 22-23: Clare realizes/recognizes Priscilla's Yoki, and Clare becomes "Murderously Enraged and Berserk", Clare recognizes Priscilla coming to kill her, and Clare is Uber-Set-Upon KILLING Priscilla, hehe!

ch. 100 pgs ~ 26-31: Clare is YR'ing, PARTIAL AWAKENING (her first time); RAWR, DIE PRISCILLA!

--------------------

ch 100 pgs ~ 32-33: Clare: (paraphrasing) NO, DAMMIT! (theorizingly) TERESA DON'T STOP ME FROM KILLING THIS (censored) PRISCILLA! Teresa's first retraction of Clare's first Partial Awakening.

ch 101 pg ~5: (theorizingly) Teresa stops Again*-Partially-Awakened (*thus, Clare wasn't unable to Awaken) Clare's Huge Blade Arms from pulverizing Priscilla's face+head (though Priscilla doesn't look too concerned... is Priscilla truly unkillable? or does she merely have a body like Riful's, Agatha's, and Ophelia's, with Priscilla's "head" actually merely being a fake head, and not her real head?) by just an inch! This was Clare's 2nd time to Partially Awakened or her first time to Re-Partially Awaken.

ch. 101 pg ~6: (theorizingly) Teresa again, retracts Clare's Huge Blade Arms.

ch. 101 pgs ~7-10: Clare continues to Re-Re-Partially Awaken (her 2nd time to Re-Partially Awaken or her 3rd time to Partially Awaken), as she IS determined to KILL PRISCILLA! So, (theorizingly) Teresa prevents Clare from Partially Awakening, in order to render Clare unable to kill Priscilla, since Clare won't stop trying to kill Priscilla, lol.

--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by HK
    knightwalker,

here's the problems with the argument/view/opinion that Clare is controlling the Destroyer:

1. the Destroyer was too powerful, it was going to consume/annihilate the minds of Clare and Rafaela, obviously resulting in their deaths/annihilations.

2. the Destroyer was too powerful, neither Clare nor Rafaela could overpower and control the Destroyer, though Rafaela and Clare were just briefly able to, hence both their mental and physical escape (well Clare physically escaped, but Rafaela didn't *duh*) and survival, lol.

3. Clare wants to kill Priscilla, it's her entire existence:

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan
    Clare's path in life is solely that of Priscilla's death.

(incomplete. took too long. too much work)

(see bottom of my post for the ultimate confirmation of what I've said about Clare, as being correct)

1. chapter 24 pages 22-29

"I couldn't even hate the beast that killed Teresa. It was me, overcome by fear, that I couldn't forgive."

"I don't recall how I lived after that. I only knew I was searching for a stranger dressed in black."

"I want you to put Teresa's flesh and blood inside me!"

"And that's how I became the first person ever to knock on the Organization's door of her own free will!"

2. chapter 25 pages 12-19

"You never change. Always doing things the hard way..... Or could it be?"

"You were hoping for that......."

"Do you want Priscilla's head?"

"....It's too bad. It isn't you."

3. chapter 37 pages 1-30. chapter 38 pages 1-31

(too many lines. Entire chapter shows Clare's determination to kill Priscilla. Irene wants Clare to live. But, Clare just wants to kill Priscilla)

4. chapter 39 page 21 and pages 29-31. chapter 40 pages 20-37

"I just wanted to kill my brother's murderer! I just wanted revenge on the monster that killed my brother!.... It's that. That one horned monster's fault!"

"What are you? You."

"I'm Clare, number 47. I've taken on Teresa's flesh and Irene's right arm."

"I'm the one who's going to take the head of that one horned monster Priscilla. Forgive me. But, I have to take your soul, too."

(too many lines. Clare is clearly shown determined to take Priscilla's life, as seen in Ophelia's game, designed to test how much Clare wants to kill Priscilla and whether Clare has the potential to be able to do so)

5. chapter 45 page 31 and chapter 46 page 5

"Tell me the name of the man in the north, I am going to kill his woman."

6. Etc....

7. Chapter 100

8. chapter 101

9. Etc...

Especially chapter 37 page 19:

"You said I should have forgotten everything and lived as a human, but there's no way I could do that. At that time Teresa was everything to me. Everything I lost. My life, my voice, even my joy in living. Teresa gave those back to me. Teresa gave me everything. So I had no choice but to move forward. I wasn't strong enough to forget all that and go on living."
    4. If Clare could control the Destroyer, it would be from her initial encounter with it, which has the big problem of:

then why didn't Clare control the Destroyer from the beginning, why did she suddenly take control of the Destroyer after it had nearly killed her ???

As can be seen, this argument of Clare being able to control the Destroyer makes ZERO sense.

5. Who does have the power to control the Destroyer?

Teresa

6. Who within Clare has a reason for entrapping/ensnaring/sealing/entangling Priscilla, instead of killing her?

(those within Clare: Clare, Rafaela, Irene, or Teresa)

(As far as we know: Ophelia, Jean, and Galatea are NOT within Clare)

(Yes, we've had "Jean's Wedge", but this is most likely a very poor and incorrect translation. Nor does it make any sense. As much as Jean might not want Clare to Awaken, she certainly doesn't want Clare to be killed by Priscilla, lol. Jean wouldn't choose Clare's death over Clare Awakening, lol)

(Irene has never manifested herself at all within Clare, in fact, her arm is INcompatible with Clare's own body, as can be seen by the "Two Bodied", referencing Two Face/Harvey Dent in Batman, PA Clare)

(We've had at least that dream of Teresa's swordsmanship after Clare sparred with Miria the first time, and Teresa's head was highly likely used, which could mean the brain, which would mean that Teresa could be indeed inside of Clare, and just as alive as Rafaela is within Clare. There might be a few more instances of possible Teresa manifesting herself inside of Clare, with Clare's use of the PYSA and/or her skyrocketing power level/yoki, as well as NEVER running anywhere near out of Yoki despite how "inefficient" she is with her abilities, hehe)

Clare and Ophelia want Priscilla DEAD !

Jean, Galatea, and Rafaela don't even know who Priscilla is, they've had zero contact with Priscilla.

Irene was traumatized into DESPAIR from Priscilla, she'd suicidally QS herself to pieces/death before she'd get anywhere near to Priscilla, lol. If Irene somhow had her mind inside of Clare, Irene's mind would have a "mind attack" (like a heart attack) and die, when Clare encountered Priscilla and fought her, lol.

so....

the only one left is....

TERESA !!!

Teresa has NEVER been seen killing a Claymore, despite her cruelty, and indeed she already has been seen being merciful to Priscilla, though she also seems to be willing to and about to kill Priscilla as well... sighs - contradictions to confuse me or us.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; November 23, 2011 at 02:34 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

i cant imagine Clare having power(with ghosts and all together) to defeat Priscilla, for this and some more reasons i believe that Priscilla wont even be defeated because she either turns into sth else or become 'good'

i think Clare's revenge is silly, revenge itself doesnt accomplish anything and vasting your life to do it is even more stupid, +if she really wanted to make Teresa happy she would live as a human
    i think Clare should and will realize this and will stop purse Priscilla

last opponent - definitely not priscilla (read above) - one more reason - i believe Rubel gets explained, mainland gets explained (50% it was made up) and i believe the last battle will either be Clare with herself over what to do, or Rubel (or someone similar (puppet master)) will be cornered and punished as the one true evil (thus final and most important opponent)

i wanna see mainland explained and would be nice to get there if it exist.. i dont think it would ruin story (could but not necessarily) and i think the same of Teresa being revived.. psychologically would be interesting and instead of weakening the story it could strengthen it - like hep Clare stop going for revenge or just fight final opponent

as i said i dont think final opponent will be much of a fight - more of an conclusion and philosophicalinsight into good and bad sides in claymore (ghosts vs Rubel?)

i think highly of Rimuto (boss of org) but he could get betrayed (physically (=murdered) Dae already started with betrayals)
    regarding org - i think its complete structure is weak - the whole 'strength' shoul lie on those 3-4 black coats (Armita,Rimuto, Rubel,some more) and im most curiousa about their secret of longevity and mysteriousness

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought it would be Priss, but now after looking at the way the manga is going, I can say the last battle will be between the Claymores and the DoDs.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2