Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which of the Jyuuni Shin are you looking forward the most?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rat

3 9.09%
  • Ox/Bull

9 27.27%
  • Tiger

13 39.39%
  • Rabbit

3 9.09%
  • Dragon

18 54.55%
  • Snake

5 15.15%
  • Sheep

3 9.09%
  • Monkey

7 21.21%
  • Rooster

3 9.09%
  • Dog

4 12.12%
  • Pig

2 6.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 318 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 318 Discussion

Best chapter in a long time ... in any manga.
    I hate Togashi for his overall laziness & disrespect of his own work but ... the guy is a true genius.

The first "black" pages giving Komugi's point of view then the double page of the King's death ... Just beautiful, Just perfect ...
    And then Netero ...
    Last edited by zelllogan; September 28, 2011 at 12:41 PM.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter. The scene with Komugi cradling Meryem in her arms was beautiful yet so sad . Seeing Netero again was freaking! awesome! Now I'm really looking forward to see what the Zodiac are like and how strong they really are, oh man I'm just so excited! for the upcoming chapters.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    The first "black" pages giving Komugi's point of view then the double page of the King's death ... Just beautiful, Just perfect ...
    And then Netero ...
    I thought it was the other way around. I personally thought it was the King, who went blind that's why he kept repeating. ..."Komugi are you there"?... because he wasn't used to it, of losing his eyesight. That's why he wanted to hear a response from her IMO.

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be crazy to require 95% of the votes for you to win given how fractured the world of HXH is. It has to be just require 95% present (and then getting the most votes presumably).

Back when Gon was looking for GI there's a blurb you can use to figure out how many Hunters are out there. I believe there are 100 copies of GI in the world, and the blurb from the Hunter bar says something like approximately 1 out of 8 (or was it 7) Hunter should have a copy of GI so it isn't very rare.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I also like the idea of the Zodiacs hunting the other Hunters down, who can't vote due to their circumstances for instance Gon, Kurapica or Hisoka. Kurapica who is in charge of finding his Clans eyes and handling the business of his superior and Hisoka, who is about to fight Chrollo. Especially these two, I can't see them leaving their objectives behind in order to participate on a simple vote. That's why I like the idea of them being 'forced' to vote.
    I'm sure they can vote through the web.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was the other way around. I personally thought it was the King, who went blind that's why he kept repeating. ..."Komugi are you there"?... because he wasn't used to it, of losing his eyesight. That's why he wanted to hear a response from her IMO.
    It might be from both characters.
    Anyway, if there is a category "best death" in the next mangahelpers awards, I know who will receive my vote.

Edit: The web in HxH can be sure. "Nen" encryption should be hard to bypass.
    Last edited by zelllogan; September 28, 2011 at 01:18 PM.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I'm sure they can vote through the web.
    And that's why, I think that some will be 'forced' to vote because the web isn't safe. Since the election is a very important event for the Hunters, I think they'll try to avoid that by phisically assembling the required numbers of Hunters.

Credits:Shinsatsu

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Just so everyone knows who to vote for, here's my insight of who's who so far:
    Reference image:
    Spoiler show

1- Tiger: look at tail and cheeks;
    2- Pig: Pig's ears and small size;
    3- Dog?
    4- Dragon: wings and asian clothing;
    5- Rooster: only bird in the zodiac, she has feathers;
    6- Snake?
    7- Sheep: wooly clothing and hair;
    8- Rat/Horse?
    9- Rabbit: don't need to say a thing;
    10- Monkey: slim and big ears;
    11- Ox: patched clothing and horns;

We are missing Horse, Dog, Rat and Snake. The 6 could be snake or horse, since they are slender, and although I'm inclined to think about snake for him, he still could be horse from a closer look. Turban-guy (nº3) could be a snake-charmer, hence the turban, so he could also be Snake, but I suppose Dog and Rat would also befit him. And number 8 can be a rat (Mickey-ears resemble those pony-tails) or Horse (strong body and fire). None of these are sufficient.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And that's why, I think that some will be 'forced' to vote because the web isn't safe. Since the election is a very important event for the Hunters, I think they'll try to avoid that by phisically assembling the required numbers of Hunters.
    Requiring all those people who may be literally in the middle of nowhere to come back in a single building seems kind of a stretch. If they've the power to do that, they could've assembled a better team to attack Meryem too (unless there are absolutely no better Hunters they could've taken).

Killua's brother said although he can hack into the Hunter's main site, it might draw the attention of Hacker Hunters. I don't think it's a stretch to assume that whoever those guys are, they should be able to come up with a hack-proof site for something as important as this. The more interesting part would be to convince those Hunters to vote in a somewhat responsible way. I mean I can see someone send an email to Hisoka saying, "Go to this site and vote for whoever you want", and most likely he'll just say sure (and vote for himself), but then you'd likely end up with a result where 400 guys voted for himself and the top vote getting Hunter had 15 votes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

FANGASM!!!

This is awesome, epic, indescribable.
    Shit, this chapter has made HxH my favourite manga of all time!

First of all the end of the king, was so mysterious, quite and an extremely well ending of an arc and a great character. Actually the ending of two great characters. The last scene with Komugi close-up was really breath taking and you could almost feel her dedication of dying with the king. Perfect!

Then we have the revelation and more information about the Hunters association something I have been waiting for, for a really long long time. Two things caught my attention, first of all it's the true corruption that is this organisation, why not reveal that Netero died saving the world? However, if it was a recording than Netero sees this as the only way to ease the mass. The other thing is the Zodiac, what an amazing and badass entry, really, brilliantly introduced and he still kept all of them in the dark and 1-2 of them aren't even in the picture.

This guy should really put more into his work, I mean there are at least 3 things his fans are dying to know more of, Gon and Killua's future, Kurapika and the spiders and now this election. I wonder if the Zodiacs can be chosen, I smell a lot of internal conflict.

So is this the correct order:

1. Tiger
    2. Pig
    3. Unable to see
    4. Snake or Dragon
    5. Rooster
    6. Unable to see
    7. Sheep
    8. Dragon or Horse
    9. Rabbit
    10. Monkey
    11. Ox

So, the dragon, the snake, the dog, the rat and the horse are the hardest too see, however I think it's safe to assume that the dragon and the snake are there. Which should mean that the one that's not there is between the rat and the horse. This is going to be great!!!
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They can't tell anyone what happened to Netero because it'd involve either more lies on how he defeated Meryem or talking about the Rose, which is a weapon that is forbidden to use, let alone by an organization who is the closest thing to the guardian of the world in HXH.

There's a scene in Independence Day where the American president laments on how he has to order a nuclear strike on native soil even though his enemy is an alien race bent on wiping out humanity and it's pretty much the same thing here. Even if you had no choice, you don't want to be known as the one who launched the nuke. They went through considerable effort to cover this up so the less people know about it, the better.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In the mangastream forum someone said the one labeled 3 might be ging and number 6 could be palm walking towards him, what do you think?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt it will be trough the site. Don't think it will require all the hunters to be on that building but maybe it require for the candidates to search EERY hunter and get their signs or something among those lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    It'd be crazy to require 95% of the votes for you to win given how fractured the world of HXH is. It has to be just require 95% present (and then getting the most votes presumably).
    Back when Gon was looking for GI there's a blurb you can use to figure out how many Hunters are out there. I believe there are 100 copies of GI in the world, and the blurb from the Hunter bar says something like approximately 1 out of 8 (or was it 7) Hunter should have a copy of GI so it isn't very rare.
    I know! But it was what I understood from the MR translation. And I'm looking for that page right now to be sure. Those details are the way Togashi present stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    So, the dragon, the snake, the dog, the rat and the horse are the hardest too see, however I think it's safe to assume that the dragon and the snake are there. Which should mean that the one that's not there is between the rat and the horse. This is going to be great!!!
    I would say that the Dragon is quite obvious, but I may be wrong. It's the 4th.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Fomano's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that one of those guys might be Ging, the one with the bandages on the head.

As for each Animal I guess it is, left to right, mostly like:

Tiger, Dog, Monkey, Horse, Rooster, Snake, Sheep, Dragon, Playboy Bunny, Rat and Ox

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hergipotter View Post
    In the mangastream forum someone said the one labeled 3 might be ging and number 6 could be palm walking towards him, what do you think?
    I seriously doubt it. I know I'm biased, but I'm reticent to think that because fans quite often put their fave characters EVERYWHERE and that's sometimes too forced.

I doubt Ging is part of ANY group since He likes to work alone (Even in GI, He left after finished) and Palm was apprentice of Novu to be part of such an organization who seems to be in the same league of Moreau and Novu.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think any of those 12 have to be very powerful at least in terms of fighting power. Otherwise it'd be really hard to explain what the heck are those guys doing while Netero was fighting for the survival of humanity. They're probably guys who are good at working with people, sort of like how Machi is the one who seems to relay instructions to most members of the Spider, and that position seems to have no direct correlation to her power.

I find it hard for Palm to be in a 'people-skills' position. Ging strikes me as someone with minimal people-skills too.

New Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast