Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Which of the Jyuuni Shin are you looking forward the most?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rat

3 9.09%
  • Ox/Bull

9 27.27%
  • Tiger

13 39.39%
  • Rabbit

3 9.09%
  • Dragon

18 54.55%
  • Snake

5 15.15%
  • Sheep

3 9.09%
  • Monkey

7 21.21%
  • Rooster

3 9.09%
  • Dog

4 12.12%
  • Pig

2 6.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 318 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 318 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by japjapjunjun View Post
    The original word "Jyuuni-Shi(十二支)" means twelve animals, it's chinese(or Japanese) zodiac. Togashi added "n" at the end of the word, then Jyuuni-Shin. But you can see only eleven on the last page. Many people at 2ch predict that the rest one be Kite. Look at chapter 316. the child Kite clearly represents rat.
    He (or is she? I'm still confused) may look like a rat, but it doesn't look like this group was formed just now! Maybe Kite was a member before? Is he still powerful now? because these guys seems like trouble to anyone.... even more than kite...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

netero was right, wasn't he? i am not talking about this last will tellign of how the next will be voted. i am talking about chapters, months even, back, when he was dying, before he plunged his own hand into his heart to activate that accursed bomb, his words about man's strength. in the very, very end, meryem, despite being by all means an unholy abomination, the birth of the bsatard mix of human intelligence and the unfeeling mechanization of instect instinct, a creature who cannibilized not only other sapient beings but hsi own kind, in the end all of that, his isntincts, his kingdom, his power.......they meant nothing ot him. in the last hours of hsi life, he wanted to be a human, not an ant. he died full of regret, yet also full of peace, despite the obvious violence of his death throes. he would have died alone if komugi had not shown a kindness that exceeds all to be expected.
    the sight of komugi cradling the king's body , his hand grasped so tightly around hers, will forever tear at my heart. may the both rest in peace.
    thus the books closes on the arc of the chimera ants, so full of cruelty and loss, and the next book opens wide.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

What means Shin then? :O

And many thanks for the explanation. And although it could be since the rat is known by its knowledge and his Nen Technique is somewhat a joker of all trades so to speak. Kite could be very well fitting the pic but that would mean that they can't decide anything until Kite is grown enough to make a decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordoffantasy View Post
    thus the books closes on the arc of the chimera ants, so full of cruelty and loss, and the next book opens wide.
    What a poetic post, I must say. Je, and yes...In the end Netero is always right.

That smartass.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone think Ging will make in appearance in this arc? We'll also be introduced into other two star hunters as for three star I'm not quite sure.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Kite is a male! Because he uses "ORE" in Japanese as a first person singular pronoun which usually men use.

edit:
    I'm not sure whether Kite is a girl or boy now, but i think he was a guy at least before his death.
    Last edited by junjun2; September 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by japjapjunjun View Post
    I believe that Kite is a male! Because he uses "ORE" in Japanese as a first person singular pronoun which usually men use.
    of course the reincarnation of a guy would use masculine words and pronouns, even if he is a girl.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ish3 View Post
    Anyone think Ging will make in appearance in this arc? We'll also be introduced into other two star hunters as for three star I'm not quite sure.
    Apparently, I think they will show.

Netero made a genius move. I don't know how many hunters are out there, but if there is an average of 5 hunters each year (Considering that some years there are more and some years there are less or none) only the last 80 years has 400 Hunters. And there might be even more than that. So this arc in which the next president has to count with the 95% of those, I guess we will see ferocious campaign from the candidates to each Hunter.

Ohhh, this gets exciting!
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Shin doesn't mean anything. Maybe Togashi thought it sounds cool?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And many thanks for the explanation. And although it could be since the rat is known by its knowledge and his Nen Technique is somewhat a joker of all trades so to speak. Kite could be very well fitting the pic but that would mean that they can't decide anything until Kite is grown enough to make a decision.

What a poetic post, I must say. Je, and yes...In the end Netero is always right.

That smartass.
    anything blunt would have been an insult to the scene and the emotion behind it. a monster that wanted to be human, a cripple who wanted purpose. neither had what the truly wanted , nor realized what the needed, till they met one another, and only with coming death did the realize this.

but somehow calling netero a smart ass doesn't ruin his scene. the wise old smart ass.

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

the selection process is more like what they did in vatican when selecting a Pope

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah,I'm stunned.This last scene with Meruem and Komugi was intense!Togashi never ceases to amaze me with his storytelling and panelling.Wow...

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, what a chapter. The last page was awesome, the next Arc is going to focus aside from Gon's recovery with the Hunter Association, which is a good thing.

The designs of the Zodiac's are awesome. I wonder what it takes to be a 'member' of them, my first impression of them is that they seem to be very influential. Since Netero entrusted them the voting procedure for the next Chairman of the Hunter Association.

Credits:Shinsatsu

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there are around 400-600 hundred hunters as a whole. I don't recall where but there was a manga instance that the numbers given implied an amount of those proportions. I think there is a bigger issue here though. Netero wanting at least 95% of the hunter votes for the next member is a genius yet unimaginably cruel move. If there are 600 hunters and the winner has to have a 95% of the votes then if 30 hunters are missing from the election then no one can become president even if they vote. Ging is definitely not showing up considering he does not like people and gon showing up is kinda 50/50 assuming he gets healed. I wonder if the next arc will be a hunt for the people who don't willingly show up lol. Man, netero's awesomeness knows no bounds lol. Perhaps I am overthinking this part though.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I thought exactly the same. The next arc may be Hunt the Hunter. :P That's why I love this move.

Anyway, maybe the way to decide is trough fighting as well. Or some kind of Tests. Ohhh, it all depends on how cool the Jyuuni are but in the end it was the genius move of Netero that planned all this.
    Maybe something as catch some criminal?

Or maybe more than just one way to elect it by sorting the tests between the candidates. Or maybe they decide that everyone is a candidate and they have to find the others :P

My call is that there is 700 Hunters.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Mangastream chapter is a bit different. Now it seems easier, but still hard to achieve. I believed before that the winner needed 95% of the votes, but seems that it's only need that 95% of the Hunters vote.

And someones remember the difficulty level of missions?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I thought exactly the same. The next arc may be Hunt the Hunter. :P That's why I love this move.

Anyway, maybe the way to decide is trough fighting as well. Or some kind of Tests. Ohhh, it all depends on how cool the Jyuuni are but in the end it was the genius move of Netero that planned all this.
    Maybe something as catch some criminal?

Or maybe more than just one way to elect it by sorting the tests between the candidates. Or maybe they decide that everyone is a candidate and they have to find the others :P

My call is that there is 700 Hunters.
    This is a genius move made by Netero. IIRC the Vice-Chairman is a scumbag with this move even he won't be a Chairman by default. But I also wonder aside from him, who will particiapate for candidacy for the Chairman's position? Or will the Zodiac decide that too?

I also like the idea of the Zodiacs hunting the other Hunters down, who can't vote due to their circumstances for instance Gon, Kurapica or Hisoka. Kurapica who is in charge of finding his Clans eyes and handling the business of his superior and Hisoka, who is about to fight Chrollo. Especially these two, I can't see them leaving their objectives behind in order to participate on a simple vote. That's why I like the idea of them being 'forced' to vote.

Credits:Shinsatsu

New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast