Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think One piece is?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is One Piece?!?!

what if One piece is nothing but a bad joke, Roger said it only to screw the WG

Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm willing to bet the Devil Fruits were invented during the blank century and these ancient weapons we have heard about may use whatever 'power' gave birth to the Devil Fruits. Maybe 'One Piece' is the origin of that 'power'?

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lagoon View Post
    what if One piece is nothing but a bad joke, Roger said it only to screw the WG
    It's not possible. Oda confirmed in a SBS that One Piece was a material treasure.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I was just kidding, although I didn't know it thanks

In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

TIME MACHINE! Like those we have in DBZ ....
    woooooooo
    , nah just kidding.
    One piece is probably something that will change the world
    forever once found.
    ...im just saying the obvious ain't I?

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest yes xD I think this was probably said but something that could change the world would definitely have the Poneglyphs involved as well.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KaoruArimi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

the one piece universe seems to know what it is since roger said at his execution if they want it they will have to go get it and he left it at that place which sparked the pirate era , loads of ppl setting off to look for it

so for ppl who think it doesn't exist or that one piece is the journey itself that is wrong

it exists, it's something alot of the pirate are persuing, those logposts apparently take a long time to set on that island with one piece, from what i've read in the forums 10 yrs or whatever??? and that WB was the closest one to reaching that island as he's been waiting the longest.

IMO lots of greedy ppl wanting Roger's treasure... monetary/gold/gems etc. so it will have that, and weapons... destructive world ending ones like pluto that Water 7 was trying to protect and what crocodile was looking for ... and the true poneglyph that reveals the truth about the blank century and the world government.. will of D .. etc. so one piece is a combination of wealth, destruction/power, truth. You need to posess these things to become Pirate King which is why WB who is the most powerful pirate alive has yet to become King because he has not found one piece. Roger found it but died before he was able to do anything so he put all his hope in the new era of pirates.

Since Luffy wants it , Roger sparked an era by dangling it, the manga title is ONE PIECE .. I don't understand why some ppl don't find it important or don't care or think it's some flimsy thing

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think its money or gems or a weapon. I believe its either the history of the world, or something that was dear to Roger.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oblivion's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A note saying: Roger was here.
    Oblivion@Deviantart
    keep answers like mini skirts, short to keep it interesting, but enough to cover the subject!

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

freedom, truth, "all blue", money and the title of the strongest crew. all in one piece on one island.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Immo's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

i think One Piece is big stone tablet with "if you came that far, you already know what was my and is your biggest treasue - nakama" in poneglyph language

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Random theory: the One Piece is actually Ace, since he was someone dear to roger and the treasure which he left behind after his death.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KaoruArimi View Post
    the one piece universe seems to know what it is since roger said at his execution if they want it they will have to go get it and he left it at that place which sparked the pirate era , loads of ppl setting off to look for it

so for ppl who think it doesn't exist or that one piece is the journey itself that is wrong

it exists, it's something alot of the pirate are persuing, those logposts apparently take a long time to set on that island with one piece, from what i've read in the forums 10 yrs or whatever??? and that WB was the closest one to reaching that island as he's been waiting the longest.

IMO lots of greedy ppl wanting Roger's treasure... monetary/gold/gems etc. so it will have that, and weapons... destructive world ending ones like pluto that Water 7 was trying to protect and what crocodile was looking for ... and the true poneglyph that reveals the truth about the blank century and the world government.. will of D .. etc. so one piece is a combination of wealth, destruction/power, truth. You need to posess these things to become Pirate King which is why WB who is the most powerful pirate alive has yet to become King because he has not found one piece. Roger found it but died before he was able to do anything so he put all his hope in the new era of pirates.

Since Luffy wants it , Roger sparked an era by dangling it, the manga title is ONE PIECE .. I don't understand why some ppl don't find it important or don't care or think it's some flimsy thing

I'm not sure that all these pirates who set out looking for One Piece, have any clue what they are looking for. The reason in my mind why all these men set out to sea was based on Roger's reputation and the hope of greatness.
    With a few simple non-descript words Roger was able to send the world into frenzy. If you ask me Oda has done an amazing job as to keeping what One Piece really is a mystery. From the things we have learned about Roger (From Ray-San and Shanks) Apparently he acted much like Luffy at least as far as bravado. So I really doubt vast amounts of treasure, deadly world stopping ships, are really his deal..
    Last edited by Poneglyph420; February 13, 2010 at 02:02 PM.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Foxdie's Avatar
    Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe
    One Piece = One Peace

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mirror View Post
    freedom, truth, "all blue", money and the title of the strongest crew. all in one piece on one island.
    Exactly, our dreams coming true. All of that. The Joy, the sorrow, the pain, the fights, the stress, everything that one suffered to go trough the grandline is one piece. I like to think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Immo View Post
    i think One Piece is big stone tablet with "if you came that far, you already know what was my and is your biggest treasue - nakama" in poneglyph language
    I can think of that. And only a couple of persons on this manga know the true meaning of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxdie View Post
    Maybe
    One Piece = One Peace
    Nah I doubt it.

New Reply
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast