Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think One piece is?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Pevee's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is One Piece?

I think one piece would be something that would be of value only to Luffy. I haven't decided what it is yet but it has to be a thing, an object, or else it would be reather hard for me the imagine that Gold D. Roger actually HID it somewhere.

It would be a guinea pig!
    ...the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i think One Piece is a big fraction of Roger's strength.
    If every person on this planet had the mind or Eiichiro Oda... <br /><br />The Third Rock from the sun is doomed!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hawkeye's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Efreet
    i think One Piece is a big fraction of Roger's strength.
    What do you mean? Like he literally put his strength in it?

We already know it has the true history in it since it said that in one of the chapters and it probably does have a lot of gold but for some reason i truly doubt that would be it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

There will be gold in the place where OP is (i think its a cave). But there some where is something strange, mabey the true history or mabey just some old stuffs of roger.

but didn't Gold Roger die whit out a hat?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I read this freaky fanfiction where OP turns out to be Gol D Roger's shipmates bones/skeletons.

Basically, what the author was trying to say was that the most valuable treasure to Roger is his nakama, or something. *shrugs*

I personally found that a cool idea. But then, weren't his crew killed by the Marines? Or am I missing a point here somewhere?

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

somehow when he mentioned vast treasures i don't think it's wealth
    If every person on this planet had the mind or Eiichiro Oda... <br /><br />The Third Rock from the sun is doomed!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A valuable 'treasure' at the end of the grand line.

I mean there is no way anyone can come to any conclusion about what it is at this point in the series, seems like a silly discussion to have.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is One Piece is nothing.Maybe Gold.D.Roger said those words juz to get ppl to get into the pirate world =/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member OP_overlord's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah that could be but it could just be the tilte and that holds everthing and once you have the tile you relize that all you need is freinds the nakama that you relid on to get to OP and knowlage (the polygraph and the true history) and not actual $$$$$ nami will be very said by that but w/e and the wealth part will just come from respect that you have gained and everone will mant to be your nakama

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member haruka9's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

what is One Piece

why don't we stretch out creative muscles and hypothesize what is really this "one piece," and why is this series called that way????

As for me, I guess "one piece" is just a simple item. It wouldn't be a golden treasure. It might be an everyday item but has a lot of value on it. I'm guessing that when they reach and get "one piece," it'd be the moment where each of the Straw Hat's dreams will come true. Luffy would be the Pirate King, Zoro would be the greatest swordsman, Nami would be able to draw the map of the world (since the location of "one piece" is at the end of Grand Line, I guess), Sanji would finally find All Blue, Usopp would be the brave warrior of the sea, Chopper would be this "papancea" and have the best adventure, Robin would finally deduce all about the Blank History and read the poneglyphs, and Franky's dream ship would have reached their last destination. All of their dreams are achieved and are tied together and has become One Piece. I guess that is why the series is called One Piece. They have unified and gathered their dreams as one. It's like putting the pieces of jigsaw Puzzle together (where the jigsaw puzzle piece stand for the Straw Hat's dreams) and getting the result (which is One Piece).

How about you guys....

Moderator message by: Luckas
    Beautiful ideas, I like them. But there is already a thread about this subject, so I'll merge yours with that.
    Last edited by Luckas; June 08, 2007 at 05:32 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member IgnorantSage's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzair View Post
    I read this freaky fanfiction where OP turns out to be Gol D Roger's shipmates bones/skeletons.

Basically, what the author was trying to say was that the most valuable treasure to Roger is his nakama, or something. *shrugs*

I personally found that a cool idea. But then, weren't his crew killed by the Marines? Or am I missing a point here somewhere?
    That would be too freaky and messed up, even for One Piece!!! And I don't think Gol D. Roger would be too happy with dead nakamas, they'd only be treasures to him if they were alive and kicking.

Oh, and as far as I can remember, Gol D. Roger's crew weren't killed off by the marines, they were set free or granted pardon in exchange for the execution of the Pirate King himself.

Too many things to do
    Too lazy to take action

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member aimaimaim's Avatar
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is One Piece?!?!

many people have asked "where is roger's treasure?" roger answered back.. "its in One Piece"..

IMO, One Piece is an island.. XD

but what does it contain?

IMO again, it doesn't contain anything valuable to anyone except roger.. well maybe there is something.. like a treasure box with a piece of paper saying..
    "you came all the way here with your friends.. did you have fun with your adventure??"
    its because pirates are very greedy people.. they want wealth and power.. maybe roger wants to get even with the people around the world and he made the world into a chaotic place

or maybe its an island that is surrounded All Blue and there might be a glyph that can explain all the other glyphs and tells the tale of History. Also, it may have some good sake, with it is an unknown sword that wields a powerful.. stuff. And might also has a map of the pieces of maps.. and may also contain preserved meat

or maybe its just the the box with the paper..
    what i post is only my 2 cents..

there are 568,989,454,123,567.82 in my bank.. every post.. i will give my 2 cents.. XD

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the adventure seems to be the treasure that he promised. I mean, if he's a great pirate like Luffy, then shouldn't he be dirt-poor too? And getting to One Piece seems to me like it only benefits all the other crew members, sans Luffy, if there is no real treasure, but I also doubt Roger gives a fuck about any of the other things there. He obviously never made a map, found a Pancrea, or made a fabulous seafood dinner.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anti-panda's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna go with pandamans .. mask .. the current pandaman wears it simply because he is the first mate of gol d roger.. and he is gaurding .. it. So when luffy reaches raftel he will have to fight pandaman and then he will get the mask and it will be proof to all that he is pirate king... "That mask is soooo cool Panda~osan" : luffy.

JK. lol
    In Oda I trust .. Follow me to the sea of dreams.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member IgnorantSage's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    Yeah, the adventure seems to be the treasure that he promised. I mean, if he's a great pirate like Luffy, then shouldn't he be dirt-poor too? And getting to One Piece seems to me like it only benefits all the other crew members, sans Luffy, if there is no real treasure, but I also doubt Roger gives a fuck about any of the other things there. He obviously never made a map, found a Pancrea, or made a fabulous seafood dinner.
    But wasn't it mentioned that Gol D. Roger was the man who had 'wealth, power, and fame'? So technically he couldn't have been dirt-poor like Luffy although I must agree that he was a lot like Luffy in his personality and outlook in life.

Oh and I think it's panacea (not sure about the spelling either) not a pancrea which is a body part.

Too many things to do
    Too lazy to take action

New Reply
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast