Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think One piece is?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is One Piece?!?!

I think it was that if you FIND One Piece, you become the Kaizagou-Ou, not if you have it. And Roger couldn't have left his nakama on the island, since Shanks are Buggy were in his crew. But, maybe it's a map to the REAL treasure, since he didn't specify that it was at Raftel, just at "that place".

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Naelyan's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

...You DO get that nakama thing was kinda a joke, right... And it just depends on what IS one piece, so depending on what is it, finding it is having it... otherwise, there's no indication it would be a map, raftel's already the hardest place to get to on the whole planet, there's no reason to hide it elsewere... but that'd be funny if in fact by that place he didn't mean raftel but let's say loguetown, not at the end, but at the start...
    With Great Power Comes Great... Evil!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be interesting, but the map would make it a great treasure! It would mean that the crew would get a whole new adventure, and the series ends with them looking for that adventure!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think it'll end like that anyway, exploring other seas... and there's also plenty of island they didn't explore on the grand line, that they'd have to start from the beginning to go to, places to go to once again.

That or in a darker way, it could end with luffy's execution as the pirate king in the same way roger was execute, saying he left it all in that place, but I don't like that end very much...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anti-panda's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe it's rogers hat...
    He left it at raftel.... and whomever gets it is the next pirate king.

JK
    Anyway we don't even know for sure if One piece exsists .. or if it is even located in the grandline.. he was known as a really strong pirate people could've just assumed he had alot of treasure.. or it could be hidden anywhere in the world... people just assume that it's in the grandline or raftel because they are remote places that few people in the world have even visited.
    In Oda I trust .. Follow me to the sea of dreams.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    Well, didn't Kokoro already say that he was dumb, like Luffy? So, then why does he know Ponegylphs?
    She said that Roger was dumb? I need to check that. And I always thought that Roger was sort of like Shanks. Fun-loving and playful, but intelligent and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-panda View Post
    Anyway we don't even know for sure if One piece exsists .. or if it is even located in the grandline.. he was known as a really strong pirate people could've just assumed he had alot of treasure.. or it could be hidden anywhere in the world... people just assume that it's in the grandline or raftel because they are remote places that few people in the world have even visited.
    Yes, we DO know that One Piece exists. Roger said "My treasure? If you want it, I'll let you have it... search for it! I left all of it at that place." That implies that there IS a treasure. And as to it being on Raftel, or even in the Grand Line, come on. What else could he have meant by "that place." Roger is famous for being the captain of the only crew ever to get to Raftel alive. It's obvious that he meant Raftel. If he was like Luffy, Roger would have wanted to start an age of adventure, which is what he did. He would have given people a hint so that they could go after the treasure. But he wouldn't tell them the exact place, because part of adventure is finding the unknown. But he did heavily imply that One Piece is on Raftel, and I don't think that Oda-sensei would make it so that all the pirates who've gone set their sights on One Piece have been off on a wild goose chase.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it would piss too many people off if Oda did that, and he realizes that, being THE genius. The treasure may suck, which we all know, but if it was in a completely different place, that would kinda suck. However, if it led to a different place, them setting off for it would be a great series ender.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it would piss too many people off if Oda did that, and he realizes that, being THE genius. The treasure may suck, which we all know, but if it was in a completely different place, that would kinda suck. However, if it led to a different place, them setting off for it would be a great series ender.
    Not a GREAT series ender. Maybe good, but not great. In my opinion, One Piece isn't the type of series where the ending shouldn't provide closure. Maybe SOME things should be left open, but not that one. The manga can't end unless Luffy really is the Pirate King. And unless the criteria has changed, that means finding the treasure.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

No, like, it would end with Luffy reaching it, and it just leads to somewhere else where Roger said it was cool and had treasure. But, as Shanks tells him, the Kaizagou-Ou is who reaches Raftel, and Luffy becomes the king. However, as soon as he gains the title, he decides to take his crew out to find what Roger said, encouraging them to take on THE SEA OF ADVENTURE! And they head out for more Pirates Romance, and Oda writes Thank You at the bottom and we all cry.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, like, it would end with Luffy reaching it, and it just leads to somewhere else where Roger said it was cool and had treasure. But, as Shanks tells him, the Kaizagou-Ou is who reaches Raftel, and Luffy becomes the king. However, as soon as he gains the title, he decides to take his crew out to find what Roger said, encouraging them to take on THE SEA OF ADVENTURE! And they head out for more Pirates Romance, and Oda writes Thank You at the bottom and we all cry.
    That sounds pretty cool. Yeah, that might work. You know, this is all going off-topic, someone should start a "How do you think "One Piece" will end?" thread.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kadodo's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if some you have already said this but in the first chapter, Gold Roger said: "My treasures, I left it all at that place, One Piece". However, what is actually One Piece? I'm thinking that it is something completely hard to get into and that the government surely does not want people to go to. Why is it that everytime that Luffy gets closer to One Piece, the marines are tougher to fight.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the marines aren't tougher to fight exactly... I mean, the first they met was morgan, but he was only the captain on a little island in the weakest sea of the world... they then met smoker, but it looks like he's a captain only by choice or for insubordination perhaps, but just being a logia user makes him a lot stronger than the average captain... after that, they didn't really had to fight against the marines until enies lobby, but this had nothing to do with one piece, it was about getting robin back... now the marines acknowledge luffy as more than an average pirate, so it's only normal they'd send stronger men against him, but right now luffy isn't even close to one piece, he didn't even make it to half the grand line

As for what roger said, it's true it's always kinda been assumption as to where or what one piece is, but as others said before, it'd just be a real big disappointment if that turned out to be just some big hoax pulled out by roger and there was nothing there at the end of one piece...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anti-panda's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it all depends on what Roger was talking about when he said Treasure. What if Rogers treasure was adventure... Then he's basically just saying ... "My treasure .. go out and look for adventure... I left it all in that place." Some of rogers greatest adventures took place in the grandline... Also Note: Roger himself said they :followed the clues in the poneglyphs." Think of the poneglyphs as road markers.......

What really worries me is the map that Buggy found showed a huge treasure underwater... if thats one piece I'll eat my hat...
    Wait I'll but a hat .. then eat it.
    In Oda I trust .. Follow me to the sea of dreams.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I also agree on that, the whole purpose of roger was most certainly to send people to have a great adventure like him, but that'd still be really disappointing if there really is nothing at all from roger, even a note or something... a log post would be symbolic if only that, it kinda represents the traval across the grand line, it's something of a record of their adventures...

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If it recorded their adventures, that would be useless, since they would have already had those adventures. And Buggy's underwater treasure was a seperate treasure, wasn't it even the one that Captain John left?

New Reply
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast