Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think One piece is?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Imitorar's Avatar
    A world of my own creation located within the depths of my mind.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is One Piece?!?!

But if the adventures were recorded, they'd be immortalized, there forever, for everyone to share in. I can see Luffy doing that (or at least having Robin keep a record of his adventures) and Luffy=kind-of-dumber-Roger to me. Therefore, One Piece is Rogers Captain's Log, his adventures immortalized and ready to share with posterity. That's my opinion, at least.

Sigpic gotten from Impel Down

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impel Down's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Would that be what Robin and Nami are doing, by making the maps and recording the history? And I'm sure Usopp would tell stories about it, since he already did stuff like that before.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    Would that be what Robin and Nami are doing, by making the maps and recording the history? And I'm sure Usopp would tell stories about it, since he already did stuff like that before.
    Ussop being Ussop, his stories would be even more fantastically unbelievable then the adventure itself, so it wouldn't be a particularly good source. And I'm not sure why Nami wants to make maps, I think it's just ambition. She is a great at geography (which is why she can navigate so well) and cartography, so she just wants to be the best by making a map of the whole world. It's just ambition, but that always does pay off in manga. Robin does it out of curiosity really, a love of history is in her blood, since she was surrounded by historians for her entire childhood, and she just wants to know what happened. I don't think that Robin and Nami are recording anything for the purpose of it being used as a record of their adventures, but I'm pretty sure that's how the maps and the history will be used.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Or in the end, Luffy sits down when he's an old man, and makes a manga out of his adventures. If that's how it actually ends, that would be hilarious. But, with Robin telling history, she'd probably focus more on the past than the current condition of the world and their adventures.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anti-panda's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    Or in the end, Luffy sits down when he's an old man, and makes a manga out of his adventures. If that's how it actually ends, that would be hilarious. But, with Robin telling history, she'd probably focus more on the past than the current condition of the world and their adventures.
    Considering luffys complete lack of drawing skills i don't think anyone would understand what the manga was about.

I think we wont ever get a real End to OP .. it'll just end with the strawhats dreams complete and them leaving to go on more adventures.
    In Oda I trust .. Follow me to the sea of dreams.

Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Country
    Bavaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy drawing a manga just imagined a mange like the flag and the shipwright he painted - great.

Well however I think that one piece is ... friendship, adventure, all the treasures you find on the way (Roger must have found loads) and the experience you make. But perhaps one piece is just rogers favourite manga >.<

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member IgnorantSage's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-panda View Post
    I think we wont ever get a real End to OP .. it'll just end with the strawhats dreams complete and them leaving to go on more adventures.
    Just thinking about that kind of ending gets me teary-eyed...

Too many things to do
    Too lazy to take action

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought of, with One Piece being a map to other places that are "cool", so it ends with them going out to look for them. Or, it would be really interesting, if in the end, they set off, then it was like "20 years later", and Luffy is walking up to the Loguetown gallows.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Paz42's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I personaly think that one piece will be some treasure as rodger must have had gold but i also think there will be a note amonst the treasure saying somthing along the lines of

" You managed to make it this far you must share the same passion for adventure as me you can count me as one of you nakama"

which would lead to as with all new nakama we would get a flash back showing gol and maybe an explination of "D"

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If D isn't explained before they get One Piece, that would really suck, unless the Rio Ponglyph explains it. But, I like the idea of it being cash AND the memoir of adventure and nakama.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

ye i think thats somthing that would make luffy really happy he has acomplished his dream and all of his nakama have come with him through thick and thin and they have finaly arrived here and now he can count the most legendary pirate of all time as his nakama even if it is only in spirit

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand what you mean by "could the most legendary pirate of all time as his nakama even if it is only in spirit".

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

well if my theory that there was o note saying that luffy and co could count gol as a nakama who is the most famous pirate to have ever lived and as hes dead he would have to be in spirit, i can kinda see an imagine of the straw hats current and any future memebers that may join looking out into the ocean for new adventures with gol looking over them somthing like that

sorry if im not making much sense

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That's certainly an interesting idea, since Roger had nakama all over the place, basically everyone he met, just like Luffy. But, if that's true, then that makes Buggy and Shanks Luffy's nakama.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well SHANKS is certainly Luffy's nakama. Buggy certainly ISN'T though. Heck, Buggy wouldn't really have considered anyone in Roger's crew his nakama, probably, he seemed scornful of all of them, so if it involves being nakama in spirit with Rogers nakama, then it probably only includes Roger's TRUE nakama, in other words, Buggy would be excluded. And Paz42, that would be an AWESOME final panel, or maybe even a double page spread, for One Piece. It'd actually be reminiscent of the last page of the last time you see the main Z Fighters (last page of the 3rd to last chapter of volume 35) of Dragonball, which is what I consider the real end of the series, but that's a different story. And Oda-sensei DID say that his biggest influence as a mangaka was Dragonball, and then Doctor Slump, I think.

New Reply
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast