Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: What do you think One piece is?

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think One piece is?

Roger offering to tell Whitebeard the route to Raftel makes it clear that he did not know. We are also informed that Whitebeard is more interested in "D." On the next page Whitebeard makes a very clear statement about One Piece:
    • Only an elite, select few individuals have inherited the will of Roger.
    • Blackeard is not one, he and presumably many pirates, are merely pretenders.
    • While the bloodline of Roger has been extinguished, his "flame" has not.
    • That "flame" was something much older than Roger, passed down for many generations. Roger was merely one inheritor of many, another is bound to emerge.
    • The emergence of this person (Luffy) will lead to a great battle that will engulf the world.
    • The rediscovery of Rogers treasure will change the world. One Piece is something capable of restoring the world as it was before the World Government was created.
    To state that Whitebeard was no longer looking is not necessarily correct. He likely was never looking and never interested in the first place. On page 11 of chapter 576 Whitebeard states that he became a pirate to find a family, not treasure. The implication of this is he never inherited the will of Roger, the willingness to fight for freedom against a corrupt, conformist world. Instead Whitebeard knew his role was similar to a father raising son, to find and nurture the future pirate king, not to be the pirate king himself. Thus he was interested in "D.", particularly in connection to William D. Teach, Blackbeard.

He also knew that One Piece was real, waiting for that special individual who inherited the will of Roger, a will passed down for generations, the so called "D." "D." represents a love freedom, following your dreams, being true to yourself, putting friends first, rejecting greed, and being a responsible adult. One Piece does not represent those things, it is more than a moral lesson. The moral lesson is the journey, whomever reaches Raftel will have achieved those qualities before they ever set foot on the island, let alone find One Piece. One Piece itself will be just as Whitebeard foreshadowed: something so dangerous to the world government that it will trigger another war. And One Piece itself will be something the Pirate King will be able to use in order to win the world and change history. It will be something far more practical than a moral lesson. It is already canon that the Rio Poneglyph, containing the true history, and the final poneglyph is located at Raftel. One Piece is clearly connected to the Ancient Kingdom. Whoever reaches Raftel will, like Roger, know the true history and have the capacity of restoring the Ancient Kingdom. That is the One Piece, not symbolic of an individual finding discovering the secrets of living a good life, but something capable of giving that already enlightened individual the power to bring freedom to the world, vanquishing greed, corruption, oppression, and conformity in the process.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i think one piece is history about old world ( sorry i forget name ) and after gol d roger 1 more person find it he is dragon . he was at Roger's execution just like other big pirates we know. like others he may gone to search one piece and find it . after that he decide to destroy world government so he start Revolutionary army because alone he cant destroy WG
    ( my English is not good so sorry if there is any mistake )

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder that as well,but actually that's the biggest secret in One Piece,therefore it's very difficult to foresee what it is. I hope it won't end up being just a lot of gold...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Franklyn D. Kieran's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Luffy himself could be One Piece. In the same way that Shirihoshi is Poseidon. We know that Gol D. Roger had the ability to "hear the voice of all things" Luffy has shown that he may possess that same ability through being able to hear the Sea Kings when destroying Noah.

Whitebeard one of few men who knows what One Piece is had no interest in it. I'm thinking that maybe to actually claim One Piece you need to either have this ability, which will unlock others or perhaps other treasures.

Either way I believe Luffy is the key to One Piece, or the great treasure himself.

This must be how Anti-Obito Theorists felt when Kishimoto revealed Tobi as Obito.

New Reply
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19