Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Now that you know them...Which one of the Jyuuni-shin you like the most?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sacchou The Horse

0 0%
  • Chidol The Dog

7 9.72%
  • Kanzai The Tiger

8 11.11%
  • Botobai The Dragon

5 6.94%
  • Ging The Boar

62 86.11%
  • Saiyuu The Monkey

3 4.17%
  • Clook The Chicken

5 6.94%
  • Ginta The Sheep

3 4.17%
  • Gehl The Snake

8 11.11%
  • Piyon The Rabbit

4 5.56%
  • Mizaistom The Ox

9 12.50%
  • Pariston The Rat

10 13.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 319 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 319 Discussion / 320 Predictions

HXH sales by volume is usually less (but close) to Naruto, more than Bleach. OP has been at #1 for a long time by a comfortable margin.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunted View Post
    togashi is a sensi for kishimoto
    and that appeare well in the last exam of the hunters
    and in many interview happen between them
    if only togashi like the 3 shounin jump produce every week and there is no haitus
    HxH will be the first place
    Prolly up to second but not first, I can hardly imagine any manga topping one piece atm or in the incoming years
    CLEANED

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

So we're two days away of the chapter. Any though about the rules made by Ging? How many they will be? What? We will see already Hunters moving or it will be another in-office chapter?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some way-too-early fake info says Pariston's special ability is called "The World Is Mine" without explaining what it does. I think that'd actually be pretty appropriate for someone like him.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Raad's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter will probably begin with the rest of the rules set by Ging, then since there will be nothing much to do after that (each one will go take his own measures to prepare for the elections), the other half will probably be about Killua, that is if Toga does not want to further analyse the situation (personally I like those parts the most in the manga), in that case it'll take the rest of the chap.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 319 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    On my spoiler the trans sez the Boar-guy is named Gin. Probably him.

Gin = Silver, and it is Gon's father's name.

Anyways, now we know who is what in the zodiac. I think that according to the images, mine's the correct one, as rat's missing and probably comes from Paristown. I've translated a part of it.

EDIT: Just in case nobody noticed, the sitting places on the table are in order of the signs.

Right to left (manga reading direction): ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, boar and rat's the end/beginning. Makes sense since the cicle only starts whith the rat, and they can only start when he arrives.
    In the legend, there was a cat who was left out the zodiac. I wonder if there will be a "cat" antagonist for this arc.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere that he was given the first year of the zodiac after tricking the rat and the ox, isn't he equivalent to the tiger?

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, about Gings rules, this is a totally crackpot theory with no real basis, but here we go;

Hunter Exam Tag Game V. 2.0. Instead of a number tag, each hunter is given a personal voting ticket. The goal is to get these tickets, as long as one nominee has the required 95% of the tickets. The votes can be given, but also taken. So watchout, someone may be hunting you(r ticket). Around the world. Because of the battle aspect of it, there will most likely be alliances forming around a lead nominee and stuff. And talking or othewise impressing strong and influencial hunters to your side. No killing (but who is there to watch?).

Okay, would totally push Hunter Organization to a chaos. I don't see any sense in the method. And I'm not saying that this is what will or should happen. But it would be rather cool imho. But I'm also confident Togashi has come up with a even more awesome rules.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raad View Post
    I read somewhere that he was given the first year of the zodiac after tricking the rat and the ox, isn't he equivalent to the tiger?
    I posted this on the page 5 of this discussion thread. As you can see, the cat was left out of the 12 signs of the zodiac because the rat ticked him. Because of that the cat hates the rat and pursue his enemy always...

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I thought the Jyuuni-shin looked better looking from the back! The Dragon and tiger who won last poll are not that cool! I still like the Ox though, and the Boar (obviously) and tha Sheep looked interesting...

Interesting thing is that the rat is the antogonist and the history of how the rat earned his spot in the chinese zodiac is because of trickery... The twelve animals and their order was chosen because of a race:

Spoiler show

The rat managed to get to that position because he tricked the cat and used the Ox....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Great minds think alike :P

And I think there is some other catch about it. Probably a no killing rule. And some another final trick to assure everyone is judging in their free will.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, considering Ging created Greed Island, could there be some aspects of it in the election? Trading, collecting, questing, battling? Would be totally cool, if the election somehow combined different aspects of already familiar challenges (Different parts of the Hunter Exam, Battle Tower, auctioning/forfeiting, Greed Island...)

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot ErosVP!

Then there are two possibilities:
    - Either there is a "cat" who is yet to be introduced, though I don't believe it'll be his alias, since the zodiac names are supposed to be given only to the members of the JyuuniShin.
    - Or like it was mentioned in the article, Togashi followed the opinion of most historians who agree that there's no cat in the list.

I think it wouldn't be bad if there was an additional character, it would be especially interesting if he turned out to become the president of the guild in the end, thus accomplishing his revenge!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict the next chapter to be something like the voting that happened in Pirates of the Caribbean. Everyone will want to vote for themselves, but Jack Sparrow votes for Liz Swann...

I can see Gin being Sparrow here, he will let the next round of voting to select the Chairman and his decision will decide the eventual winner.

Ging isn't going to become the next CHairmen. The theme of the series has been Gon chasing his father, and that will continue. We will have a few chapters with Gin till Gon comes back...
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13