Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Now that you know them...Which one of the Jyuuni-shin you like the most?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sacchou The Horse

0 0%
  • Chidol The Dog

7 9.72%
  • Kanzai The Tiger

8 11.11%
  • Botobai The Dragon

5 6.94%
  • Ging The Boar

62 86.11%
  • Saiyuu The Monkey

3 4.17%
  • Clook The Chicken

5 6.94%
  • Ginta The Sheep

3 4.17%
  • Gehl The Snake

8 11.11%
  • Piyon The Rabbit

4 5.56%
  • Mizaistom The Ox

9 12.50%
  • Pariston The Rat

10 13.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 319 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Netero's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 319 Spoiler Thread

I enjoyed the chapter. I was cracking up when the vice chairman walked in he's the only one that looks normal in the group. Can't wait for next weeks chapter.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

"That's A Bad Move... Little Ant"

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Post without reading the others (Will quote later):

You know...I wasn't expecting the VP be like this. So...wow. This got my by surprise. Such a Charismatic Person must be Transformation school, btw :P But LOL, so straightforward.
    And dangerous. 18 Hunters missing.

And well, Gin taking that decision made me a HUUUUUUUUUGE surprise as well.

And I'm lost about the system, probably because the translation and me not being so bright in English >_> Too many expressions that are out of my reach T_T

But DAMN AWESOME! I knew the rule would be something among those lines! I think I said it in my prediction about this in the previous chapter.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Gin and Pariston are the only ones that didn't care about turning themselves into "freaks". But Gin we know it's because he's too lazy/careless. Pariston didn't do it either by lack of respect or by too much importance in looks.

It's funny how Netero had that Buddha theme, and he assigned 12 animals just as Buddha did in the story. Kanon, for instance, is the japanese deity that guards the Rat (Pariston), and it was Netero's death move. Togashi really is into buddhism and the 12 generals tale.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Just so you guys know, Rat and Boar are the exact beginning and end of the Chinese Cycle. These animals refer to a tale where Budha invited all of them to a party and the order is about who came sooner than who and why.
    Ohhh, interesting! Maybe if we know this legends more we may able to figure out a bit better how the Zodiac works in terms of relationships since Monkey and Dog doesn't get along as well. Now I'm interested to read more, but lazy to do some research :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Airget View Post
    And thus Ging started the Hunter Genocide lol.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. You made me say "LOL" IRL too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    One of the guy says 'Are Morel and Novu too important for this?' so it seems like those two are ranked even higher. I guess that makes sense because otherwise why didn't Netero called on these guys to help?
    It was pure bitching, I would not try to figure rank out of it since they seem the most powerful Hunters around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    Judging by Hisoka's hint, I'd say from their personalities that Gin is a Reinforcement user, and Pariston a Transformation user. So much confidence in Gon, Gin really is the best lousiest father! xD
    I would say Ging is Specialization, but it's just a hunch.

@rail-tracer: The link was already posted, so I deleted it.

PS: Only one so far liking the Vice Chairman XD
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tombadgerlock View Post
    The 'Special' was about them changing themselves to look like one of the zodiac, as well as admiring Netero.
    I see. But if those guys are supposed to be Netero's personal fan club, why would he take Morel and Novu (which he went through some trouble to approve) instead of just his personal fan club for the Ants? Sure being strong isn't everything in HXH, but Morel and Novu looks perfectly capable of using their brains too. There's quite a few guys in the Zodiac who don't look like they're there because they're the smartest guy around. I see no reason to believe the average Zodiac would be more competent in anything compared to Novu or Morel.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    It was pure bitching, I would not try to figure rank out of it since they seem the most powerful Hunters around.
    Then what the heck were they doing when the survival of humanity is at stake? It says they're like Netero's personal fan club. Honestly, you'd skip looking for help from your personal fanbase because you can strap on a bomb instead? Of course the Tiger is just trying to get out of the but it seems like he's implying "If these guys are too important to show up I should be too", as opposed to "Trivial matters like this should be left to lesser Hunters", as that'd imply the rest of the Zodiac are lesser hunters too.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Fomano's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin is totally different from what I expected. I really thought he would be the lazy guy that only works when things are starting to go out of control, but he seems very respected and responsible.

Does anybody else think that some of those guys, besides the chairman, doesn't seem trustful? I really don't like the Horse, the Dog and the Sheep.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of all the Zodiac. I'll rank who I like the most to my least favorite.
    1. Ging(Boar)
    2. Pairston(Rat)
    3. Kanzai(Tiger)
    4. Piyon(Rabbit)
    5. Mizaistom(Ox)
    6. Botabai(Dragon)
    7. Clook(Chicken)
    8. Saiyuu(Monkey)
    9. Gehl(Snake)
    10. Ginta(Sheep)
    11. Chidol(Dog)
    12. Sacchou(Horse) This dude but ugly lol.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fomano View Post
    Gin is totally different from what I expected. I really thought he would be the lazy guy that only works when things are starting to go out of control, but he seems very respected and responsible.

Does anybody else think that some of those guys, besides the chairman, doesn't seem trustful? I really don't like the Horse, the Dog and the Sheep.
    I think it'd be weird if people themed after monkey or snake turns out to be totally honest people.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Then what the heck were they doing when the survival of humanity is at stake? It says they're like Netero's personal fan club. Honestly, you'd skip looking for help from your personal fanbase because you can strap on a bomb instead? Of course the Tiger is just trying to get out of the but it seems like he's implying "If these guys are too important to show up I should be too", as opposed to "Trivial matters like this should be left to lesser Hunters", as that'd imply the rest of the Zodiac are lesser hunters too.
    As I believe: Because they did not thought they were actually danger to humanity until Netero arrived and assured that. He later made a plan without involving them because He may thought that Morel and Novu were enough and they were already working on it, and He was probably thinking on retiring sooner so the chance of fighting someone really strong and giving his life excited him enough to get it done. If He really thought He would live, He wouldn't give the renounce to the assistant guy (The little fatty cute guy) to show AFTER his death.
    All this was planned from Netero in the very moment he knew He could have the chance to fight someone stronger than him. You could see his face when He knew about it, how much He enjoyed it.
    So in the same lines, He picked (Before He knew how much a threat Meruem was) two candidates to exterminate the ants in the most effective way: To kill them by groups as they did in combo with Morel and Novu.

Vice Chairman probably wanted to assure his votes as was said by Ox, so He went to talk to them because He also wanted to know what actually happened. It's very likely that neither of them answered what He actually wanted, so it was a short time He got delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fomano View Post
    I wouldn't trust even Ging, actually. They're all experienced people and I doubt they trust each other as well.
    And I did not liked the Horse...Not in the design, but rather his personality.

My new call: If everyone is a candidate maybe it will work the same way as the Exam of Killua (The second time He entered, of course) in which each one has to recollect the votes.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Something more: Dog said that Zodiac are overqualified for the Ant thing :P
    Last edited by Uriel; October 04, 2011 at 09:31 PM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy shiiiitttt, THERE IS NO HIATUS ANNOUNCEMENT!! We get at least an extra 10 chapters!

Anyways, for me the most remarkable thing in this chapter was ging. He is somewhat different from what I imagined. I mean, he is clearly uncooperative, selfish and aloof (which seemed like rather obvious traits to expect from him) however somehow I did not expect him to be the type to carry on the will of someone. Its just... not as selfish as I would have expected. More so, being a candidate would put him in public light even though before it was said he does not like people. He apparently went as far as not meeting gon when he brought killia with him. Becoming a chairman would certainly allow him to impose his supposed selfishness on others (which I would think would be fun for him) but he certainly would still not have the freedom he currently enjoys to do as he pleases.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here Parison said the Chidol is the most competent by ability:

http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/319/5

While you can't judge a person by their looks, unless Chidol is like Biscuit, it is almost certain competent here cannot mean 'ability to fight'.

The Zodiac strikes me as a mix between Netero's fan club and his political arm in the association. Morel and Novu is Netero's physical arm in the association. Netero didn't attach a bomb on himself in the middle of nowhere. He obviously made that decision before he sat out to fight Meryem. He has to know what he's up against. There are considerable risk to using the Rose. He might end up detonating in the middle of the palace (millions of people will die). Even in the wilderness, it's possible someone might see the explosion (Pufu's hypnotize ability actually worked in Netero's favor here). The damage done to the Hunter's Association would be unimagineable if Netero ended up detonating the Rose in the capital, and was unable to cover this up. It'll surely stop Pariston's plan to take over Hunter's Association because most likely there won't be a Hunter's Association left after people found that out.

You have to assume if Netero saw any way to avoid using the Rose, he'd have opted for that instead. Not counting Gin (his position in Zodiac is a bit of an anomaly), this would mean nobody amongst the Zodiac was viewed as strong as Morel or Novu. Even if you assume Netero figured no one was strong enough to help him in the fight against Meryem, even against the Royals themselves, the Hunter attack force seem severely lacking. Yes their job is just to hold the Royals off for a short time, but it didn't look like they can do that. If Komugi wasn't around, neither Pufu nor Pitou would have been occupied. Netero said that even taking his eyes off Meryem for a second could've led to his death, and if any of the Royals weren't occupied, they're certainly opponents Netero have to focus his whole attention on. Is Netero just that confident everyone will magically do their job right that he feel there is no need for reinforcements? I'm inclined to believe he didn't take any of the Zodiac along with him because he figured if the guys he picked can't hold the Royals, adding more people wouldn't do any good anyway. Yet, another Morel class guy certainly could've helped, so they can't be as powerful as him.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

Something more: Dog said that Zodiac are overqualified for the Ant thing :P
    The only way that's possible is if the Zodiac are actually Chimaera Ant King/Royals from earlier generations.

I don't think most of the Zodiac are even aware of the fact that Netero's dead. At least, for a group of people that are supposed to be Netero's fan club, they sure don't seem to take his will too seriously.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Netero was the kind of guy that was confident on himself. When he showed his Aura to Killua He did not used all his strength, that much I think is clear after we saw the battle. he was PURE confident that He and Zeno would be able to pull out the King outside the palace to fight them.

And they're the stronger (Or most of them) since it's pretty much stated on the first page.

@3K: You know, I thought that as well until the last panel. That way He just stopped the chance to be president. I'm sure his ambition is not to be president, but to not make Pariston win. So He said that to move up the tides of the Zodiac to not follow his pace or at least to play with the pace of the rat.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Well, I needed to make an a little coloring and avatar around this guy. I predict He will be as awesome as we expect and more.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading the spoilers I was slightly worried that they would just vote Ging as a candidate and it just be lame sauce.

But Ging's rule that all Hunters are both candidates and voters...Totally bad ass.

This is going to be one crazy election.

My favorite Zodiac mostly based off design is Kanzai the Tiger. But I like his seemingly perpetual frustrated attitude.

Pariston is my second favorite. Seems like a friendly guy but is shady as hell.

Ging is always awesome.

Should be awesome seeing them fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

@Phantron

The bomb only activates if Netero stops his heart, so no, no mistakes or accidents could have possibly happened. Also, you have to take notice that Netero sacrificed himself, as King said: "You had given up from the start". Netero had great trust in Knov and Morel and the rest to deal with the remaining ants while he with the aid of Zeno would take the king down. This is also still a series some loopholes are there, nothing much to complain about, really...

Anyway, the Zodiacs are obviously the 12 strongest, among the trustworthy of course. Hisoka and Illumi are still candidates of the strongest in general, I think. And now both of them are candidates. This is going to be a massive war, the ego of nearly everyone will be there but I guess that this rule will only help the Rat even more. Hopefully he wins and as someone mentioned before wreaks havoc.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Reading the spoilers I was slightly worried that they would just vote Ging as a candidate and it just be lame sauce.

But Ging's rule that all Hunters are both candidates and voters...Totally bad ass.

This is going to be one crazy election.
    Totally agree dude.

My favorite Zodiac mostly based off design is Kanzai the Tiger. But I like his seemingly perpetual frustrated attitude.

Pariston is my second favorite. Seems like a friendly guy but is shady as hell.

Ging is always awesome.

Should be awesome seeing them fight.
    Completely agree dude. This election is gonna be boss!

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Also this is something that Levele posted on mangastream forums.
    Quote Quote:
    Levele
    Minor translation error (got from the one japanese raw page posted in the spoiler thread): The Dragon (old man) asks why Netero didn't ask for the 12 guys help regarding dealing with the Chimera Ants. The Tiger guy notes that Morau and Novu weren't nearly enough to deal with the situation.

In the english translation, it sounds like the Tiger guy is asking my Morau and Novu aren't at the board meeting. They aren't part of the board, and I'm guessing they aren't comparable to the fighting level these guys have.

HUNTER x HUNTER
    Isaac Netero

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast