Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: relationships with ikki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

relationships with ikki

oyos

this isn't just for who is ikki will be with in the end, but all the relationships that ikki has with certain people. this is more of an informative relationship discussion. you are however free to debate who would be better suited for each role towards ikki.

i will list off info based on mostly the supplementary data and information that has been provided by o!g that may or may not be presented clearly in the manga itself.

itsuki 'ikki' minami
    nickname: babyface, crow

kuu
    ikki's pet bird

ringo noyamano
    grew up with ikki
    in a relationship with ikki

mikan noyamano
    grew up with ikki
    treats ikki as her servant

shiraume noyamano
    grew up with ikki

rika noyamano
    raised ikki

kazu
    childhood friend
    part of same gang as ikki
    teammate
    friendly rival

onigiri
    childhood friend
    part of same gang as ikki
    teammate

buccha
    former opponent
    teammate

emily
    team supporter
    teammate

nakayama
    team supporter

akito wanijima
    teammate
    loves ikki

agito wanijima
    former opponent
    teammate

mari tomita
    homeroom teacher

masaya orihara
    teacher

kaito wanijima
    officially against all storm riders

simca
    supporter of ikki

spitfire
    team supporter

sora takeuchi
    former mentor
    former brother figure
    main opponent

kururu sumeragi
    supporter of ikki
    ikki's tuner
    friendly rival
    loves ikki

dr. minami
    ???

noyamano (minami's assistant)
    ???

in the end, we still don't know what the real connection is between dr. minami and ikki, or rika's mom for that matter...
    Last edited by suarhnir; June 07, 2012 at 11:43 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: relationships with ikki

Should also list that Kururu is Ikki's rival, while also being a supporter and Tuner.

I'm pretty sure Simca loves Ikki. We've seen the proof in the manga.

By the way, I know this is wishful thinking, but what if Kururu wasn't being honest with herself in Chapter 328 when she doesn't love Ikki, and that that's why he had a gloomy or sad impression for the whole chapter; that he knew she wasn't being honest with herself and he didn't like it? There have been signs in the manga that Kururu does in fact love Ikki, though there's also a friendly rivalry there.

Now, don't get me wrong; I'm perfectly fine with Ikki being with either of those three in a romantic relationship (Kururu, Ringo, or Simca). I'm just saying that I think there's still a possibility that Kururu does love Ikki but only said she doesn't, for whatever reason.

There's also Ikki's relationship to Dr. Minami. Most likely, he's Ikki's father. They even have the same last name. Though, it could also be that Minami "created" Ikki, and decided to give him his own name.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kururu admires Ikki and wants to compete with him in regards to him being the best Stormrider there is and she being the best tuner to match or surpass him.

If all of Ikki's AT skills suddenly disappeared and he no longer cared for Air Treks, Ringo would still 100% love to be by his side no matter what he's into or his new goals in life are.
    Last edited by Broken_Wing; October 04, 2011 at 06:54 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

well kururu at least recognizes that (probably even 'heard') the deep bond ikki has to ringo. between simca, ringo and kururu, i would say kururu and ringo are actually equal in how much they love ikki but the one that ikki feels more connected to is ringo. heck, we had ringo these past many chapters trying to give up on ikki and support kururu since she knew that kururu would be best for ikki. now we have a roll reversal and kururu is handing it back to ringo, settling on just being the rival to ikki as a storm rider/tuner. at least for kururu, she has other feelings she can settle on with ikki but ringo has pretty much been portrayed as only having romantic feelings and wouldn't have been able to settle on just being 'family'.

how many other characters are real rivals with ikki? ikki and kururu confirm with one another about being rivals but you have a bunch of other characters who view ikki as their rival but it's more or less one-sided for their part.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post
    how many other characters are real rivals with ikki? ikki and kururu confirm with one another about being rivals but you have a bunch of other characters who view ikki as their rival but it's more or less one-sided for their part.
    Kazu definitely is a rival for Ikki.

Ikki has already acknowledged that he would never beat Kazu in a footrace and Kazu's Flame road is the most similar to Ikki's Wind road, in how his Flames will get stronger going up against the Wind.

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

The Wing Road is the most important one because all the Roads and all the Regalia rely on the "wind" (air) for all of their functions, and it's also the one closest to the sky, while the Flame Road is the "template" for every Road's "run". They're the two central Roads, I guess.

But Ikki's Road, while being based off the Wing Road, is no longer "just" the Wing Road. Look at all the Regalia being combined to make the Storm Regalia. Damn, lol.

Anyway, I agree with what Suahnir said. There were hints already that Kururu does love Ikki, but she's also got other feelings for him that she can settle on and let him be Ringo's man. Remember that one chapter in which Simca, Kururu, and Ringo get together (Ringo as Croissant Mask) to tell Ikki about the other way to enter the Gram Scale Tournament? The three of them end up in a sort of silent war type thing over Ikki. Agito teases them about how they'd originally come there looking to get a kiss but lost their chance (after Kazu interferes the meeting).

I kind of get the feeling that Ikki's heart has wavered over which girl he loves out of the three. First it was Ringo (he thought he was looking at as his sister, but he didn't know that he was actually in love with her; apparently), then Simca (to a degree, though it changed to just idolization pretty quick), then Kururu, and then it went back to Ringo again. Some would say that the chapter in which he "sees" Kururu in his heart as the girl he loves was just a joke chapter, but I disagree--even if it was a joke chapte (which it was), Ikki "seeing" Kururu there couldn't have been part of the joke. Those are Ikki's feelings, guys, a person's feelings are never a joke. In the next chapter or so, he even thinks back to that time, when he "saw" Kururu that way, and he tries to ask her out so he can be alone with her (acting on his feelings), but Akito interferes and says he'd go along, which kills the date. Did you forget about that, really?

I'm all for him ending up with Ringo, with Kururu as his Tuner (which by itself is a very intimate relationship, mind you), but I just don't like how Ikki's feelings seem to be changing so fast. It feels rushed.
    Last edited by DragonOsman2; October 05, 2011 at 09:22 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

whats the point with posting walls of text to talk about ikkis romantic feelings???

ringo loves ikki, ikki loves ringo. manga showed us that. like it or not that is what we got.

and ikkis feelings never "changed"... he just took some time to realize the meaning of those feelings... feelings of love, respect and admiration.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Then why did looking into his heart show him Kururu? That part of the chapter wasn't a joke, since, as I said, a person's feelings are never a joke.

And just for the record, I don't have a problem with IkkixRingo at all. I just won't like it if Kururu doesn't get to be Ikki's Tuner again after this. Being his Tuner was the main reason she was introduced.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

we already talked about that.

and i wont start all this topic again.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner meliadoul's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    Then why did looking into his heart show him Kururu? That part of the chapter wasn't a joke, since, as I said, a person's feelings are never a joke.
    It was a red herring...? I dunno, I'm someone who always thought Ringo would be the most important person to Ikki, and I could explain this chapter as a way for Oh!Great to confuse the readers as much as Ikki was confused after Ringo's kiss.
    I mean, Ikki is overly defensive about this kiss. Ringo made sure to explain it wasn't a romantic kiss (a lie of course) and yet Ikki tries harder to justify it and forget it. Was always suspicious to me.

As for that Kururu's apparition, well, we had just learned she would be his tuner, with all those connections with sounds and rhythms. So Ikki calms himself, sees Kururu and what happens just next? His cellphone rings and she's the one calling. It may be farfetched, but I always thought the two were linked. Of course, Kururu is cute and Ikki may have had just a crush too.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meliadoul View Post
    It was a red herring...? I dunno, I'm someone who always thought Ringo would be the most important person to Ikki, and I could explain this chapter as a way for Oh!Great to confuse the readers as much as Ikki was confused after Ringo's kiss.
    Exactly.

Ikki was appreciative of Kururu's support and her ability to help him soar higher into the sky. On the other hand Ringo was also caring for Ikki but expressed it in a manner of showing him the difficulties that he will face if he dares fly to those heights.

Ringo showed him a new level of power, and at the time Ikki was determined to surpass that...and prove to her his own reason for "flying" which she challenged in that fight. Kururu was the closest one to help him achieve that, and thats possibly why her apparition came up.

Ikki and Kururu's connection have always centered around AT's whereas Ringo has always cared for Ikki solely as a person since day 1 of the manga.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

personally, i don't care who ikki ends up with, but i'm pretty adamant about kururu being his tuner. hako is sora's tuner but sora is apparently in a relationship with rika (not 100% sure if its genuinely mutual or if he does it to keep her on his side). ikki can be with ringo but that shouldn't effect that fact that kururu is ikki's tuner.

however, there does have to be some level of closeness (from as much as good friends at least) between a king and tuner to truly bring out the maximum potential from the rider and regalia. sora and hako may not be that close but she's loyal enough to make it work between them, as she was willing to help kidnap kururu for genesis and essentially betray her own team. another way of putting it is that a tuner must understand their king well enough to know in what ways will really help them - kururu challenged ikki when she teamed up with her dad's team, white wolf, because she realized that ikki is the type to grow from challenges (and there is a bit of proving herself to ikki that she can be of help to him).

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post
    oyos

personally, i don't care who ikki ends up with, but i'm pretty adamant about kururu being his tuner. hako is sora's tuner but sora is apparently in a relationship with rika (not 100% sure if its genuinely mutual or if he does it to keep her on his side). ikki can be with ringo but that shouldn't effect that fact that kururu is ikki's tuner.

however, there does have to be some level of closeness (from as much as good friends at least) between a king and tuner to truly bring out the maximum potential from the rider and regalia. sora and hako may not be that close but she's loyal enough to make it work between them, as she was willing to help kidnap kururu for genesis and essentially betray her own team. another way of putting it is that a tuner must understand their king well enough to know in what ways will really help them - kururu challenged ikki when she teamed up with her dad's team, white wolf, because she realized that ikki is the type to grow from challenges (and there is a bit of proving herself to ikki that she can be of help to him).
    I completely agree here.

@emolibon: I know, but I'm just trying to point out that maybe you should think about what you said and reevaluate . . . notice how I said a person's feelings can never be a joke? That whole chapter may have been a joke, but Ikki's feelings themselves couldn't have been. Also, if you notice, recalled that exact image of Kururu in the chapter in which the Tool Toul To members gather out and call him and his team so they can look at their ATs. He recalls the image of her and then tries to ask her out on a date but Akito interferes. Don't tell me you already forgot? [What reply did you give me for this before? That thread's gone, it seems, so I didn't get to read your reply.] And again, I don't hate Ringo.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

to finish this quickly before the whole thing starts again.

you wanna talk about ikkis feelings... lets talk about ikkis feelings...

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/air_gear/v33/c329/5.html

there you have it... end of discussion.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emolibon View Post
    to finish this quickly before the whole thing starts again.

you wanna talk about ikkis feelings... lets talk about ikkis feelings...

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/air_gear/v33/c329/5.html

there you have it... end of discussion.
    oyos

you should really reference other parts of the series to give more weight to your argument. that may show a lot with the other scenes in a collage around that kiss, but its geared towards showing off ikkixringo. if you take the scenes that had been more of a ikkixsimca or ikkixkururu leaning, then you'd realize that ikki has some level of feeling towards the other girls as well with just as meaningful albeit different connections to them.

ikki isn't the type to get so pissed and beat the crap out of someone without reason (please note there is a differene between beating up people when he was in the gang, as that was more of a showing off his strength and there wasn't nearly even any anger when he did that), like when he decked aeon for letting simca got attacked. there was also the time that ikki crushed kururu's dad's car because he thought she was being kidnapped. ikki has behaved in a way that at least shows that he cares about those girls.

also, don't ask for which chapters we are talking about. for one, they are pretty memorable moments in the series, and two, you said you were re-reading the series so you will eventually come across the chapters dragon and me are referring to. go read it like you said you would and don't just reference the last 5 chapters.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast