Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Was sarutobi really the strongest kage of his generation?

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Was sarutobi really the strongest kage of his generation?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidmore View Post
    Itachi used Susanoo and its Techiniques with no strain and side effects, it seems that deseases are desconsidered. This just make me thinks about Kimimaro.

Stamina doesn't seems a problem for the bodies.
    His uses of MS powers and Susano'o were VERY short compared to his fight show against Sasuke. However, since Susano'o also drains your lifeforce, Itachi has indeed an advantage here, but no more.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I agree with everyone here.
    What made Hiruzen is powerful is his versatility.

He knew EVERY SINGLE Jutsu from the Fire country.

Of course, he didn't show much in the fight he had, but in his prime, he most have been really powerful.
    By known, that likely means he knew of them all, since we know there's quite a few techniques from Konoha that he couldn't have possibly have been able to use.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I wish that Kabuto was able to summon Sarutobi on his prime for us to see just how truly strong he was.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto_Rasengan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

He was known as "Shinobi no Kami", I think that says it all.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiruzen took on the two strongest kages from the first and second generation, along with a guy who's on par with any of the current kages (Orochimaru), and beat them all. For reference, it took two people to beat Nidaime Mizukage (using a third kage's leftover materials), three people to beat Muu (who didn't even die), and two to beat the Third Raikage. Old Sarutobi accomplished as much as Onoki, Gaara, Naruto, and a fifth of the shinobi world forces combined, and he did this with zero preparation or help. That's crazy. I think the main problem people have, and the reason why people are so bad at figuring out fight topics, is that they don't realize how skill trumps everything else. Whoever is better wins, even if they just end up dodging and using shuriken. So there's no reason why it should be particularly tough for Hiruzen to beat the other kages. Extending nyoibo, shadow clones, and the nyoibo cage are enough to defend against just about any attack, and nyoibo attacks and sealing techniques are enough to kill just about anyone, too. He knew an s-rank sealing technique, so it's likely that Hiruzen also knew all of the Uzumaki sealing techniques that Minato did.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DementedKirby's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix946 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, he's the strongest kage in the same way that Jiraiya could kill Itachi and Kisame together, or Pain if he knew his secret. Those three are the claims I have the biggest problems trying to believe/justify.
    If Pain himself said that Jiraiya would've been able to defeat him, it's a valid claim. Are you gonna tell Nagato himself who he can and can't defeat? He's basically admitting he would've been defeated. It's not someone else saying it about him. What more do you want? Jiraiya survived against all 6 paths with just one arm, after having owned three of them at once, after going one on one with a path long enough for Pain to have to summon two more. Jiraiya died because he didn't retreat when he had the chance. That alone would be proof enough yet Nagato takes it a step further and says so. 'Nough said.
    "Madara", the Troll! sig. by yours truly

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah sure Jiraiya could win against Nagato if he knew his secret, but that's only because Nagato himself can't move, Jiraiya didn't stand a chance against the Six Paths and that's why he got destroyed. I actually don't think there is many shinobi that can stand against the Six Paths.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

i actually think jiraiya could do ok against the 6 paths if he started in sm. with ma and pa he can attack 3 pains at once and can't be grabbed by hungry ghost. i think he would have likely retreated like he did with the 3 but this time caught all 6 in the genjutsu, or simply escaped and gone after nagato in stealth mode since he could figure the truth out if he saw all 6. plus he wouldn't be bleeding out from loseing a whole arm and would have both ma and pas help instead of just pa.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

urmm... yea sarutobi isnt the strongest kage of his generation no more, kishinmay had it in the beginning but at this point in the manga kishi has obviously changed his mind on that subject. other than death god, he has shown no other techs that would put him on muu, tsukage-whatever, and raikage level, can someone show me how i may be wrong?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing that needs to be understood about Sarturobi is that when he was younger he was known to have a massive chakra pool, and was known to use many Kage Bushin in battle.

Granted, we saw but one fight from Sarturobi, but just imagine for a second 10 or 20 of him on a battlefield launching A rank ninjutsu all over the place. THAT is why he is the strongest, because no ninja could withstand the onslaught he could produce thanks to his massive chakra pool and mastery of ninjutsu.

At the age of 18 he believed he could take on the clouds elite 20 shinobi. He wouldn't even suggest that if he didn't have at least a shot of defeating them, as he would have done his comrades no good if he just got killed in seconds. So, I think without a doubt he was the strongest.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who really knows since we have so little to go by. With that said, Sarutobi has shown nothing as powerful as Tsuchikage's Dust Release, nothing strong enough to penetrate Raikage's Armor, and nothing capable of countering Mizukage's genjutsu and Jokey Boy. Personally, I think he'll lose to any one of them. I place very little value on hearsay and Sarutobi has shown too little abilities or even achievements.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i see what u are saying, i just havnt seen anything from him that has impressed me unlike the other kages of his generation, granted he took down the 1st n 2nd ET hokages, but as we have seen taking several down is just amount of sealing them, if not the death god sarutobi would definitely lower my opinion in his abilities

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest the greatest issue I see here regarding sarutobi against the kages is him against the third raikage. Peak sarutobi should be capable, IMO of moving and dodging against attacks from people like muu or oonoki or gaara's dad. Ultimately any jutsu would fall in a confrontation with the dust element and the sand kages have enormous area of effect, great defense and power however their bodies are conventional and can be killed in conventional ways. The third raikage in turn can survive attacks which should grind him at molecular level, biju bombs and more so it seems unlikely that anything but a shiki fuujin or a dust element (which destroys at a molecular level) would be effective. Ultimately even if sarutobi was at his prime it seems unlikely he could ever win as even the win element is useless against his lightning armor.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    One thing that needs to be understood about Sarturobi is that when he was younger he was known to have a massive chakra pool, and was known to use many Kage Bushin in battle.

Granted, we saw but one fight from Sarturobi, but just imagine for a second 10 or 20 of him on a battlefield launching A rank ninjutsu all over the place. THAT is why he is the strongest, because no ninja could withstand the onslaught he could produce thanks to his massive chakra pool and mastery of ninjutsu.

At the age of 18 he believed he could take on the clouds elite 20 shinobi. He wouldn't even suggest that if he didn't have at least a shot of defeating them, as he would have done his comrades no good if he just got killed in seconds. So, I think without a doubt he was the strongest.
    Moreover, since Sarutobi is very intelligent, I wouldn't be surprised if his mastery over Kage Bunshin is on the level of Naruto in that he uses them for employing trickster-tactics like Naruto usually does. That, combined with such a high amount of A-rank jutsus in his arsenal, makes him a particularly deadly shinobi.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Omnion_1990's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    To be honest the greatest issue I see here regarding sarutobi against the kages is him against the third raikage. Peak sarutobi should be capable, IMO of moving and dodging against attacks from people like muu or oonoki or gaara's dad. Ultimately any jutsu would fall in a confrontation with the dust element and the sand kages have enormous area of effect, great defense and power however their bodies are conventional and can be killed in conventional ways. The third raikage in turn can survive attacks which should grind him at molecular level, biju bombs and more so it seems unlikely that anything but a shiki fuujin or a dust element (which destroys at a molecular level) would be effective. Ultimately even if sarutobi was at his prime it seems unlikely he could ever win as even the win element is useless against his lightning armor.
    whoa whoa WHOA. lets not get carried away here and forget he was made of dust and mud.... aka edo tensei zombie. thats like saying the second and first hokage could tank sarutobis explosion tags when they didnt, just regenerated.
    Last edited by Omnion_1990; October 12, 2011 at 12:28 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast