Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Zero (Season I & II)

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Fate/Zero (Season I & II)

Fate/zero

Quote Quote:
    Fate/zero takes place 10 years prior to the events of Fate/stay night, detailing the events of the 4th Holy Grail War in Fuyuki City. The War of the Holy Grail is a contest in which seven magi summon seven Heroic Spirits to compete to obtain the power of the "Holy Grail," which grants a miracle. After three inconclusive wars for the elusive Holy Grail, the Fourth War commences.

Founded by the Einzbern, Matō, and Tōsaka families centuries ago, the Einzbern family is determined to achieve success after three successive failures, no matter the cost. As a result, they have elected to bring the hated magus killer, Kiritsugu Emiya, into their ranks, despite his methods and reputation as a skilled mercenary and a hitman who employs whatever he can use to accomplish his goals. Though Kiritsugu had once wanted to become a hero who could save everyone, he has long since abandoned this ideal upon realizing that saving one person comes at the cost of another's life. For the sake of humanity, he will ruthlessly destroy anything and anyone who threatens the peace of others.

However, Kiritsugu finds himself deeply torn between the love he has found for his new family - his wife Irisviel and their daughter Illya - and what he must do to obtain the Holy Grail. Meanwhile, Kiritsugu's greatest opponent appears in the form of Kirei Kotomine, a priest who cannot find any sense of fulfillment in his life and sets his sights on Kiritsugu as the possible answer to the emptiness he feels.

Info: Wikipedia

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fate/zero

I watched the first episode last Saturday and I thought the introduction to the series was pretty good.

Out of all of the characters so far, I think I pitied Kiraya and Sakura the most and really wanted to wipe the smirk off of Zouken's face.

The scene when all of the Masters' summoning their Servants was pretty cool. I can't wait to see the next episode.

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fate/Zero

Ah, why is this thread so quiet? Fate/Zero definitely needs more appreciation!
    Come on, this anime (so far) is awesome!
    It has a darker story than Fate/Stay Night but that's what is so interesting about this series. The graphic is a lot better too. And the seiyuu! Ah, I'm thrilled whenever I hear familiar voices.
    I've just watched the third eps and I can say it's getting more interesting. Finally, BATTLE SCENE! And Saber! I wonder why it's always Lancer vs Saber.
    Argh, I can't wait to watch the next episode.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Its one of the better anime out there at the moment...definitely needs a better response. I have watched the movie Unlimited Blade Works and as soon the first episode was out, I knew it would be a great watch. So far, I am not disappointed. Saber vs. Lancer, intriguing battle. I wonder what will happen in the next episode, now that Rider is there.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Correct me if I am mistaken, there will be 12 episodes?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yeah, the battle between Saber and Lancer is getting interesting and Rider is there to join the party!
    It's kind of funny to see those two serious knights facing the eccentric king. I read that Rider is extremely strong too.

I'm not sure. In Anime News Network, it says there will be 12 eps but Wikipedia says there will be 25 eps. I don't know which one is true but it is more likely to have 25 eps since Fate/Stay Night has 24 eps.

And oh! The one in charge for the music is Yuki Kajiura! This is perfect!

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member monkey d scar's Avatar
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I'm not sure. In Anime News Network, it says there will be 12 eps but Wikipedia says there will be 25 eps. I don't know which one is true but it is more likely to have 25 eps since Fate/Stay Night has 24 eps.
    12 eps for now, a hiatus then it will return in april for 13 more eps.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean they are going to split in Season 1 and Season 2?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member monkey d scar's Avatar
    Country
    Algeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably, yes. They are doing this to maintain a great quality for each and every eps. And seeing how they handled the 3 first eps, they sure set the bar very high (no surprise comming from Ufotable).
    Imo that's way better than 25 eps in a row with 2 or 3 of them done in a crappy quaity (like you can see in other 25 eps series).

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agreed. I wont mind a second season. So far, each episode has been amazing. The pace is satisfying and animation quality is more than decent. On to the anime, I wonder what will be the outcome of the three way battle. All these three looked noble spirits unlike that evil one called by the psychotic killer, Caster was it?

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Can't agree more about that. I was shocked when I watched Fate/Stay Night again and see how different the animation quality between it and Fate/Zero.
    I'm curious too about the outcome of the battle though I'm rooting for Saber.
    Yeah, Caster, like his master, is psychotic too. *shudder* Berserker is technically noble but he doesn't act like one. He's insane. I'm wondering what will happen when Saber and Berserker meet each other considering their history.

---------- Post added October 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was October 25, 2011 at 03:20 PM ----------

Has anyone watch the new eps???

DAMN! IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!!!
    Six of the seven servants all in the same battleground?? (though only five of them show their face)
    I thought Rider popping out is already a surprise, who knows they bring a full-scale surprise!

Gee, Berserker is insanely powerful, even Gilgamesh has trouble with him.
    My wish comes true quite fast, Berserker meets up with Saber. He attacks her the moment he sees her? Does he really hate her that much? Now I wish to see Saber's reaction when she finds out who he really is.

Oh, and I'm liking Rider more. He really is a good guy. Waver is so lucky to have him. I also admire Lancer for his gentle-manliness. Well, I think it's because he's a good knight. Glad to know there are sane servants aside from Saber.

Caster? Saber will have trouble. He is smitten because he has mistaken her identity. I can't say no more.

I got to say Ufotable really exceeds my expectation. Berserker is 3D! And the effects... gosh. I'm at loss of words.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This Japanese website has synopsis for episodes 7-10.

I really need to catch up on this show.

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rowel's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

That was an extremely enjoyable episode for me.

Here were the main positives:

1) After all the build-up the Masters received in Episode 1, it was really refreshingly rewarding to at last see a Master vs. Master fight, and a very well-executed one at that. Loved the directorial skill showcased during Kiritsugu vs. Kayneath. Some specific shots had terrific theatrical touches to them (particularly how Kayneath was posed in some shots).

2) Saber and Lancer make great "cool" protagonists. Caster makes a good darkly demented delusional antagonist. Kayneath makes a splendid smug antagonist with an air of grandeur. This added a lot to the emotional intensity and emotional investment for both of the major conflicts in this episode.

3) Episode 7 added some real color and dynamism, and from characters not named Rider and Waver (although their own scene had some streaks of charming comedic color as well).

4) As I just wrote, the Rider and Waver scene was colorful. Once more I have to say that these two are simply comedy gold in almost every scene that they're in. Alexander the Great using the Shopping Channel. And ordering a shirt with a world map on it to show that he's a great conqueror. This anime has made an excellent running gag out of the cute and hilarious ways that Rider keeps adapting to 1990s Earth. I have to tip my hat to Gen. I never knew he could do comedy so well! As for Waver, I like how he showed some strength in this episode, and is starting to act a bit more like a true Master.

5) Personally, I'm glad that one of the icemen of this show is starting to overtly display some inner conflict. While that perhaps could have been built up to a little bit better, I'm honestly relieved that Kiritsugu is being humanized more, imo.

6) Yuji Kajura finally showed in this episode the same sort of superb skill that helped make the Kara no Kyokai movies so critically acclaimed. Speaking of Kara no Kyokai, this episode reminded me a lot of that. ufotable should be commended for treating this anime TV series with the same care that it treated animated theatrical releases.

And I think that sums up the elements of this episode I really liked. I only have two slight critiques.

1. It's no wonder that Gilgamesh finds Tokiomi Tohsaka so boring. Does the guy do anything other than just sit in the exact same position in that basement den of his all the time? I love how those three candles always burn so consistently to, lol. Here is the one area where it's painfully obvious that ufotable is cutting corners. It's Ok given how great the animation in most of the rest of the scenes is, but it is honestly becoming funny to me how Tohsaka keeps being the character to bear the brunt of animation cuts. No wonder his daughter is so tsundere after the treatment her dad receives.

2. Not fond of Kiritsugu totally blowing off Saber. I know he wants to keep a tight leash on her more instinctively heroic qualities, but I don't see how giving her the total silent treatment helps his cause there.

Anyway, 9/10 overall for my most enjoyable anime watch of the week. Can't wait until next week's episode!

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Caster exploded ? I would love to see him dead. He creeps me out along with his master. Seeing Kirei's actions in this episode, I am rather amazed. I thought he was a better person and thought otherwise about Kiritsugu.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

New eps!

I don't think Caster exploded, he just ran away...

Saber and Kiritsugu just can't agree with the other, eh? It pains me to see them like that... Until now, only Waver and Rider have a great relationship. I really worship Rider. He's getting more awesome...
    It also pains me to see Lancer.. I pity his fate. History repeats itself. I hope he won't end up like that again. There must be some significance as to why Kayneth dreams of Lancer's memories.
    Kirei is getting more scary... He has this unhealthy obsession towards Kiritsugu.. I would like to see how they will act when they meet each other directly in battle.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Caster ain't dead. The new episode didn't have Servant vs. Servant battle or battles. Overall, it was a good episode. This series has become better and better. How would you rate the servants based on what we have seen so far?

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast