Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane

Title: M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Apr 22, 2014 to ?
    Producers: Satelight
    Genres: Action, Mecha

Synopsis:

There is distorted, deep blackness everywhere. That place, in which blackness swallowed everything and took away everything, has become known as the Avidya Zone. Strange beings assume the very form of the despair and chaos of humanity. They are known by this name: Imashime.

An expedition surveys the Avidya Zone which consumes human spirits. So, in the intricate intersection between the present in impending crisis and the destiny of the past … can eight boys and girls, assembled to confront the Imashime, find the bright future that lies before the Avidya Zone?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane

The wait for this one will be extensively long mid april and all. I love the cast design.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hrm. This one had me scratching my head a little bit, in the sense that I don't really know what to make of it. This one is kind of complicated for me.

Considering that most mech/robotics/action series I watch nowadays is going to have CG in it, it's something I've become accustomed to. Whether the animators are able to fluidly incorporate CGI with 2D animation is a different story, and some are capable of doing it. Unfortunately, the CG animation in this looked off to me. The mechs were... alright, though I've seen better integration in other series (like Captain Earth); the design of the Admonitions got to me more--they just weren't that well animated to me.

I'm not sure what to exactly make of the characters and the story yet--there are parts I liked and disliked. Emiru was kind of annoying and clingy. Akashi isn't bad, but he's kind of broody. Hopefully they'll get better as things progress. Everyone else seems mostly alright to me so far. The story isn't something to rejoice over, but I think there are enough elements here to keep me interested in it. I just hope the animation gets better, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    Hrm. This one had me scratching my head a little bit, in the sense that I don't really know what to make of it. This one is kind of complicated for me.

Considering that most mech/robotics/action series I watch nowadays is going to have CG in it, it's something I've become accustomed to. Whether the animators are able to fluidly incorporate CGI with 2D animation is a different story, and some are capable of doing it. Unfortunately, the CG animation in this looked off to me. The mechs were... alright, though I've seen better integration in other series (like Captain Earth); the design of the Admonitions got to me more--they just weren't that well animated to me.

I'm not sure what to exactly make of the characters and the story yet--there are parts I liked and disliked. Emiru was kind of annoying and clingy. Akashi isn't bad, but he's kind of broody. Hopefully they'll get better as things progress. Everyone else seems mostly alright to me so far. The story isn't something to rejoice over, but I think there are enough elements here to keep me interested in it. I just hope the animation gets better, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
    Well, I've seen really bad CG and to me that of this show doesn't seem like to be so terrible; but obviously that's just my opinion.
    As for the rest, the plot seems to be interesting, but to have a clearer idea, I suppose that we wil have to wait for some episodes.
    The characters are pretty much standard and it seems like they knew each other in the past.
    And that girl at the end was really a beautiful corpse. LOL

P.S: That gothic girl sure has a nice body.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

The first two episodes have not been impressive. I will probably watch one or two more. I like the director and writer so much I am willing to at least give it a few more episodes.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2 was just as good as ep 1 for me. Heito with the darkest past yet with the second best voice was a bit shocking. Enjoyed his scenes and personality for the bunch. I imagine being saved by Akashi will help to integrate him into the group now and that he wont be a loner anymore. Hadnt realized beforehand that Minashi had my favorite VA as of late so every moment with him on screen was pleasant. Its hard not to feel happy seeing him just living life to the fullest, kidding around, or lounging, and teasing everywhere. Wonder what assistance he'll give in battle or if he'll remain the one they lean on to be comforted.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Hi-Fi Cluster | Team Food Wars!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That's one hell of a psycho. LOL
    Anyway it seems like tht Reaper robot is a very important one, considering how he has a will of his own.
    As for the rest, it seems like this series will need time to become more interesting, but I will wait for all the time necessary.
    I do hope that the characters will leave a positive impression on me, because right now, they seem kinda.....boring.

New Reply