Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Fate/Zero (Season I & II)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fate/Zero (Season I & II)

Finally, there are people here.

And... the next eps is the last. I know it has to end, but I feel sad nonetheless. It's hard to let go a series as epic as this one. I think after this I can only wait for the second OST to come out...
    Oh, and I hope ufotable will come out with another great series as this one in the future... maybe Fate/Prototype...?

BD? What's BD?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner In Flames's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of those shows where you never want it to end, but you know it must, haha. I actually was introduced to the Fate/ series with Fate/Zero so after this wraps up I'm going to start Fate/Stay Night. I guess the transition will be nice.

I don't know what BD is either... :/

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, if it doesn't end, it will make us angry.
    Well, I gotta warn you that Fate/Stay Night is far beneath Fate/Zero. I never managed to watch all the episodes, it was boring for me, and my friends agreed with me. So.. just don't expect too much from Fate/Stay Night.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I second what yuki said. Fate/Stay is nothing like Fate/Zero. The difference amongst the two is colossal. To be honest, I wont recommend you to watch it at all.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; June 21, 2012 at 03:41 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner In Flames's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, wow! I had read that Fate/Zero is superior to Stay Night, also that the latter doesn't have quite as dark of a story- But I haven't been told to completely avoid the series.

Hmm. Once Fate/Zero ends I won't be watching anything so I think I'll still give Fate/Stay Night a chance. Thanks for the thoughts, though!

---------- Post added June 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was June 21, 2012 at 07:59 AM ----------

Final Episode is out.

-Sigh- I really do dread seeing such an amazing series end.

(This is actually a spoiler.)
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by In Flames; June 23, 2012 at 11:39 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally watched the masterpiece I started a thread for, lol.

All characters are epic, but it seems there is a philosophy behind all of them. Let me tell you what I got from it. It has much to do with ideals, ethics and politics imo.

Kiritsugu represents consequentialism, the end justify the means, but he takes it to a more extreme variant, in his case as long as there is an end the means can go on forever, even if it means to sacrifice his loved ones, here he is not a political leader but a person that has taken up this philosophy so it does more damage I think.

Saber and Lancer are Don Quixote, difference is that to them the chivalry code is not so made up and she did not awaken from her ideals in the end. In that regard both Saber and Lancer are worst than the hero from La Mancha.

Kirei Kotomo is "hidden from himself", in the philosophy of Blaise Pascal, the true meaning is hidden from man himself, basically man is hidden from himself and no matter how hard he tries he can not find the meaning since not only is the meaning hidden, but he is also hidden, in other words his true self, as probably God intended him to be.

Caster and Ryunosuke represent anarchism, they, however like most of the ideals here take it to the extreme, to them anarchism is the pure bloodshed, they also mix it in with gnosticism as God is both Evil and Good, a sort of duality in what God is, since he also created Evil as well as Good so to some extent he must like Evil, all part of gnostic teachings.

Tokiomi represents the "upper class' the pure blood of mages, same as Archer, they are tyrannical rulers it seems that are bent on domination. The act of "rebel" form Kireei might have been to draw parallels to Marx and his philosophy of a "revolution" to take down the "rich". Tokiomi was obsessed with his blood.

Archer represents the ideal tyrant, he is full of himself and is the embodiment of narcissism, in the end he even placed his "marriage with Saber" above anything else showing he is so full of himself and THAT is his ideal.

Saber and Lancer also represent deontological ethics, as a contrast to Kiritsugu, their duty and moral obligation comes first in a fight.

Well I think there might be more, but could not grasp Berserker and his master's theme fully as well as Rider ... he seems to actually BE Alexander the Great, and Weaver was a coming of age story for the boy, basically the grail war was his growth as a person.

The most tragic one Kariya is of course the most humanly character, as his mistakes are often what a human that is on the margins does, he is desperate to achieve something but makes a lot of mistakes and looks foolish in the end.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4