Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 69

Thread: Air Gear 330 Discussion/ 331 Predictions

  1. #46
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    Also, as far as the diagram that was shown when Ringo and Kanon were talking about the Regalia while inside "Tower" is concerned, I was under the impression that the Regalia that were shown branching off were the Sub-Regalia, the fakes that don't have cores. Kanon also referred to the Regalia used by Sleeping Forest as being Sub-Regalia, meaning that they all use Sub-Regalia, and he also said that the Hurricane Road would be the "genuine Ninth Path of the Regalia".
    oyos

    i would also like to point out in kanon's speech when he talked about that from the japanese script, he used 'kimi-tachi' which is a plural form of 'you' but he didn't say 'minna' which is 'everyone'. in other words, his 'you guys' could have only been referring to ringo and her sisters since they are second gen grav kids and didn't have regalias. if there's one thing about japanese you should keep in mind, it is the fact that they have a rather subtle grammar structure.

    there's also no reason for the scientists/minami to give the genuine regalia to the 'failure' grav kids while the successful ones only get sub-regalia. from a scientist's pov, it would be logical to give the better stuff to the better experiments.
    Last edited by suarhnir; October 07, 2011 at 09:09 AM.

  2. #47
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    I'm pretty sure the ATs and/or other equipment (adding that to include the Pledge Regalia) were given from the start. They were experimenting on them with the pressure and the AT-usage since day 1 and evaluating them on that. So they couldn't have known, when they gave them the ATs, which ones would fail and which ones wouldn't. Also, Kilik had one of the Gem Regalia copies, and he was a successful Gravity Child. As has been stated, out of the Gravity Children that gathered to form the old Sleeping Forest, everyone besides Kilik was a failed experiment.

    Also, if what I'm saying is true, then the eight Regalia had replicas. Each of the replicas were given to each one of those 28 Gravity Children.

    And doesn't "kimi-tachi" mean "you guys"? Kanon was saying, "The Regalia you guys use . . . ". In that context, "everyone" wouldn't have made sense. Saying "you guys" is good enough, though.

    Now, um, remember what I said about the Storm Regalia being a combination of Wind + Rumble at first, due to Kururu deciding that she'd fuse the mechanism of "Wind" with the mechanism of the "Rumble"? The one wheel of the core the way it was before having those other cores combined into it, that we saw when it was damaged, has division-lines on the white edges of the wheels that look similar to the ones on the Bagram wheels, and it also has the same skull with wings. Page of the wheel from back then: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/air_gear/v30/c286/16.html.

  3. #48
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    And doesn't "kimi-tachi" mean "you guys"? Kanon was saying, "The Regalia you guys use . . . ". In that context, "everyone" wouldn't have made sense. Saying "you guys" is good enough, though.
    oyos

    it really does make a difference when you say 'you guys use sub-regalia' vs 'all of sf uses sub-regalia'. just saying 'you guys' could mean everyone but it could also mean more than just 'you (singular)' however not actually include everyone. by saying 'everyone' then it is definitely all members.

    Quote Quote:
    Now, um, remember what I said about the Storm Regalia being a combination of Wind + Rumble at first, due to Kururu deciding that she'd fuse the mechanism of "Wind" with the mechanism of the "Rumble"? The one wheel of the core the way it was before having those other cores combined into it, that we saw when it was damaged, has division-lines on the white edges of the wheels that look similar to the ones on the Bagram wheels, and it also has the same skull with wings. Page of the wheel from back then: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/air_gear/v30/c286/16.html.
    kururu definitely took into consideration of ikki's original base road of wind and in my opinion re-made the rumble regalia with a focus on the wind road (aka bagram) so the design will definitely share a lot of characteristics of bagram. i'm pretty sure that even the multi regalia core version of the storm regalia will still hold onto many characteristics of bagram, because ikki's road is a branch off of the wind road and it will work best for ikki if it was still geared that way. he'll definitely have extra abilities for sure, but the focus will likely be on wind.

  4. #49
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Exis10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Thailand
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    I've already aware that Gabishi's Road rely on the concept of Fang Road, however the idea of creating very high heat via friction also use by Flame Road Rider too. His attack use high-temperature supercritical fluid as a shell (not light-elemental attack).

    And as we've seen Gazelle's combination of Fang and Thorn. I could say that there no limit that you have to possess one road at a time. Then my theory would be Gabishi use combination of Fang and Flame Road. Yes, he looks more like Fang Road rider, but what I try to express is that if Gabishi can be in Flame Road and Om in Fang Road then there will be completed 8 main road when they activated sky regalia.

    (Now Air Gear Wiki mentioned about all 1st generation gravity children (except 1st Generation of SF) that "There Regalia was stollen by the Takeuchi Brothers about ten years before the story.". I wonder where this's told before or it's just a hypothesis.)

  5. #50
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    I'm aware that one person can have more than one Road. Like Ikki and Lind. [It's Bloody Road and Sonia Road, by the way for Gazelle/Lind.]

    @Suahnir: I think we'll need confirmation as to whether or not they all use real Regalia or not.

    Gabishi himself, by the way, said to Aeon in their fight that he's not really a Speed-type Rider. The Flame Road's main focus is extreme speed. Gabishi saying he isn't a Speed-type probably means that even if his Road is a combination of the Flame Road and Bloody Road, it focuses more on the Bloody Road since his Road's Infinity Atmosphere is similar to that of the Fang, requiring 0-100-0 movement just like with the Fangs. The Flame Road requires constant speed all throughout, so that the Rider can create enough friction to ignite the ground/floor. A Fang is produced in proportion to how hard and how fast one runs before coming to an immediate stop, then shooting. IMO, a Fang + Flame Trick would be one where a Rider went full speed, with enough friction to ignite the ground/floor, and then immediately stopped and shot out a Fang, that would then turn into a Fang with flames on it. We saw Kazu and Agito do a combination Trick like this in the Sleipnir battle as well. "Kazu + Agito x Akito: Flaming Fang Firebird".

    Edit:
    Suahnir, I think I should point that in case anyone was wondering how Kururu could have combined a Bagram replica into Ikki's Regalia core when the one she made is currently being used by Sora, Kururu could have made another Bagram replica to incorporate into Ikki's since she's a genius Tuner and is also the Pledge Queen. She should have the parts now, unlike before when they were missing a whole bunch of parts and had to take the original Rumble Regalia apart. So really, I think that right now, Ikki's Storm Regalia is a combination of the Wind, Rumble, Flame, Fang, Gem, and Thunder Regalia.

    I liked it better when the Hurricane Road was just the Wing Road plus Over Road, so hopefully, after battling Sora, and/or once Agito and Kazu can ride again, he should give back all of the cores besides the Wind and Rumble, and maybe the Thunder (to augment the Wind and Rumble, and also because a hurricane also involves thunderstorms). I'll be okay with him keeping them as long as four conditions are met:

    1. Agito and Kazu get new Fang and Flame Regalia cores made for them

    2. the Thunder and Gem cores are replicated, along with also the Rumble core (though Ikki will be keeping the original anyway, even if it isn't replicated; I just don't want the Rumble King's seat to be empty, same for the others)

    3. a new Rumble King is chosen, and also maybe a new Thunder King and a new Gem King (the first one is due to the fact that he Rumble Regalia core is inside Ikki's Regalia, so they need to replicate the core and give it to the new Rumble King; second one is because since Nue isn't using the core of the Thunder Regalia, if he still declines using it, they'll have to pick another Thunder King, or just have Blackburn return as Thunder King, and give the new core to him or whoever they choose as the new Thunder King; and finally, the third is because the Gem Regalia core is also in Ikki's Regalia, so they'll need replicate that one and either choose a new Gem King or give the core to Kilik if he accepts the position back--that is, unless the Regalia he's using right now is really a real Regalia and not a Regalia without a core).

    4. and finally, the cores combined into it so far should be the only ones; two more being combined it will make it the "Sky Road," and with that, Ikki won't the Hurricane Road's Storm King anymore.

    I'm sticking with the belief that the 28 First Gen. Gravity Children, while inside the "Tower," had one full replica each of the eight main Regalia, and that the Water Regalia was made as a replacement for the Flame Regalia in the current Sleeping Forest only recently (if it's for the Flame Regalia), and the Horn Regalia (Gabishi's) then being a replacement for the Fang Regalia in the current Sleeping Forest, since Gabishi's Road is similar to the Bloody Road. I'll keep this thought until the manga explicitly or implicitly proves it wrong.

    Anyways, there were posts I made in Mangafox that I want to quote in here (one is from a member with the username of Azrael_Chaos.

    Spoiler show


    Keeping those posts in mind, what do you think; will Ikki's "shadow" change after he's started using his new Regalia, or not? And I'm not thinking it'll change much, if it does; it'll most likely just get things added to it that represent the other Roads, or, since the Hurricane Road is mainly supposed to be based off of the Wing Road and Ikki's mainly a Wind-user as well, maybe it'll stay the same? I can't wait to see what happens with that.

    But one thing's for sure: Ikki's Battle Level will increase due to the Regalia. It might even shoot through the roof.
    Last edited by DragonOsman2; October 08, 2011 at 09:13 AM.

  6. #51
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Exis10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Thailand
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    Maybe you forget about Mikan, her road is based on Wing Road but mainly focus on using aggressive power of wind more than speed like other wing rider do. So I think flame road rider doesn't limit to have to be speed-type. Anyway, I can't argue that he's more like Fang Rider.

    Another point, what Gabishi shoots should not be categorized as fang (yes, although same principle) since it rely more on 'heat' not 'air wave vibration'. He shoots it like some kind of beam and its shape and impact looks not that like something like fang, yes in my opinion.

  7. #52
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    I'm just going to say it, what does any of this have to do with what's happening in this chapter?

  8. #53
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Exis10 View Post
    (Now Air Gear Wiki mentioned about all 1st generation gravity children (except 1st Generation of SF) that "There Regalia was stollen by the Takeuchi Brothers about ten years before the story.". I wonder where this's told before or it's just a hypothesis.)
    oyos

    it wasn't actually confirmed that sora took the other grav kid's regalia. minami only mentioned that sora 'ate' them which could mean a lot of things but mostly towards having 'killed' them. whether he actually did take their regalia as well is something to be speculated. my personal opinion is that he did take the regalia that the other grav kids had... maybe some of those cores were given to the grav kid kings of genesis? arthur/shalott busted out some pretty intense tricks that would wear down a sub-regalia (if their battle could last longer, we'd be able to see if their a-ts would break from being over-taxed).

    here's what i am currently wondering about: was the current activated thorn regalia anything like the version that rika used when she was the thorn queen 6 years ago? it seems pretty apparent that it is not, but at the same time, we have never seen rika activate her regalia during any flashback. i don't even know if the thorn chains are really the true activation of the thorn regalia as we have seen gazelle do. i mean, yoshi used his rumble regalia during the devil 30-30 but it didn't look anything like how it looked when he used it and actually activated it when taking down percival and his huge mecha or spitfire and all of his battles yet only with kazu do we see the flame regalia's activated form. so if gazelle's thorn chains were not the true activation of the thorn regalia, what did it really look like and was it the same or different from what we see of rika using now (version 10.7)?

  9. #54
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jiraiya's hair
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    So we can probably assume that Sora killed Dontores?
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

  10. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    So we can probably assume that Sora killed Dontores?
    No there would've been no reason to kill him since he would've lost his regalia after the battle with SF. My question is if he killed the others why did he leave Om,Gabishi,Nina,Onibasu, and Rune alive?

  11. #56
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnevil View Post
    No there would've been no reason to kill him since he would've lost his regalia after the battle with SF. My question is if he killed the others why did he leave Om,Gabishi,Nina,Onibasu, and Rune alive?
    oyos

    probably because he left them for last due to him knowing they were 'sucessful' grav kids (except for rune, i think he didn't really care because rune was kinda supporting sf back then like simca)? if om, gabi, nina, and onibasu are closer to kiric's level (with kiric being the best out of all grav kids) then someone like sora would have probably had too much trouble dealing with them 6 years ago... that's what i think. actually, i think his push for forming a team to get the sky regalia was because it was getting too difficult to go after the other grav kids, i mean look at all the trouble they had to go through in chasing after gazelle and i imagine that she was a 'successful' one as well since minami considered her his masterpiece at the time.

  12. #57
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post
    oyos

    probably because he left them for last due to him knowing they were 'sucessful' grav kids (except for rune, i think he didn't really care because rune was kinda supporting sf back then like simca)? if om, gabi, nina, and onibasu are closer to kiric's level (with kiric being the best out of all grav kids) then someone like sora would have probably had too much trouble dealing with them 6 years ago... that's what i think. actually, i think his push for forming a team to get the sky regalia was because it was getting too difficult to go after the other grav kids, i mean look at all the trouble they had to go through in chasing after gazelle and i imagine that she was a 'successful' one as well since minami considered her his masterpiece at the time.
    SF was created before he started going after the others. If you remember Kiric talked about how every year less and less of them showed up until it was just the 8 kings. He thought it was because they started living normal lives but now we know it's most likely that Sora was killing them. But there's also that line where Sora mentioned if he had gathered the strongest of them he might have won. There's a lot of fucking plot holes in this manga.

  13. #58
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Carnevil View Post
    SF was created before he started going after the others. If you remember Kiric talked about how every year less and less of them showed up until it was just the 8 kings. He thought it was because they started living normal lives but now we know it's most likely that Sora was killing them. But there's also that line where Sora mentioned if he had gathered the strongest of them he might have won. There's a lot of fucking plot holes in this manga.
    oyos

    the grav kids escaped probably when they were 10, which is around 15 years to present time, and sora had went after gazelle 10 years before the series and sf was formed around 7-8 years ago (just a bit before rika joined them because even she heard about a team that had a gathering of kings). it can be assumed that sora had succeeded in taking out a few of the grav kids before gazelle in the gap between them escaping and gazelle's flashback. besides, if there were 28 and most of them wanted to quit a-ts, they would be just as likely to not really keep in touch with the other grav kids unless they happened to live near to another. kiric and simca were living in hokkaido and haven't really kept in touch with anyone either until kiric noticed the internet rumors of the sky regalia to which he finally started to reach out to fellow grav kids. as for the gathering of old sf kings, that phrase wasn't 'a bunch of grav kids came by but only a few stayed on as kings and as the years went by, fewer dropped by' it was more like 4 came at first and then 2 and then 1, etc. the fact that they didn't come was probably because sora already killed off a bunch of them, minus the successful ones. there was no telling at the time they were gathering, who would actually agree to take up a-ts again, and it just happened that sora lucked out on the other successful grav kids back then.
    Last edited by suarhnir; October 09, 2011 at 06:54 PM.

  14. #59
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    We're only assuming Sora took them out before and during OSF. It was never stated when Sora "ate them" for all we know he decided to take them out after his fall because he needed their regalia for his team. As long as OG doesn't have Sora have some kind of super regalia with 13 different cores that would be fucking retarded and cliche'.

  15. #60
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Air Gear 330 Spoiler Thread

    oyos

    ahh yes, i do that o!g will not take the cliche route and let sora have a 'super regalia' like what we are pretty much getting with ikki's storm regalia.

    that's true that sora could have had nike take out more grav kids in the gap between sora's defeat by kiric and present time. nike did become rather unstoppable after gaining the gem regalia, and of course their military assests would have come in handy.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts