Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Uganda ! Where is that

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Uganda ! Where is that

Hello everyone,
    scav asked me to start a thread and, since I am a good boy, I comply :-)

So I'm a French guy fan of comics who discovered manga after a travel to Japan. And here is the best place to discover and discuss them.
    I'm currently working in Bremen in Germany and have a hard time because my german is not really good and does not seem to improve fast (maybe I should read scan in german...), but well I like bier, so I'm not that much unhappy :-)
    Last edited by k-dom; March 03, 2013 at 10:11 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Nanoi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A froggy in Bremen

With an old account? That's pretty odd, lol.

Any who, welcome to MH. ;D

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

k-dom!!!

So happy you made a thread! How have you been?

So when you went over to Japan what were some of the first manga titles you picked up!? Obviously, besides One Piece. xP
    Favourite colour?
    Do you miss France? lolz 8D

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoi View Post
    With an old account? That's pretty odd, lol.

Any who, welcome to MH. ;D
    Yeah I guess I shall be the one to greet you :-)
    How do you like MH so far ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    k-dom!!!
    So happy you made a thread! How have you been?
    I will visit yours sometime...
    Quote Quote:
    So when you went over to Japan what were some of the first manga titles you picked up!? Obviously, besides One Piece. xP
    A that time, I knew little about manga (mostly Tanigushi which is widely praised in France, HxH, Monster). In fact I watched mainly anime (Miyazaki movies, GTO, One Piece, Evangelion...) . It's when I returned that I started to read the scans and found MH.
    Quote Quote:
    Favourite colour?
    I'm not sure, maybe orange
    Quote Quote:
    Do you miss France? lolz 8D
    Of course ! But Germany is not that bad, I mainly miss my friends.

---------- Post added October 07, 2011 at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was October 05, 2011 at 08:57 PM ----------

Est ce que c'est mauvais gout si je mets ça en signature quelques jours ?

---------- Post added October 13, 2011 at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was October 07, 2011 at 05:24 PM ----------

All 24 Tintins in one minute :

http://vimeo.com/30402976
    Last edited by k-dom; October 13, 2011 at 02:05 PM.

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG! Tintin! Holy crap, I haven't seen that in god knows how long. I love the intro. Back then, children would actually learn something informative from cartoons but today...they're all rubbish. I feel sorry for today's children. D:

k-dom, was tintin your favourite cartoon? =)

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I find this montage video awesome! It's funny to try to recognize the characters and the episode it took place
    To be honest, I read the comics before the cartoon starts. Tintin is quite one of the compulsory comics when you are a French teen :-)
    And also it's far from my favorite BD (short for bande dessinnée), I acknowledge why it is popular.
    The cartoon was really well made and I like the opening too. I think it was displayed in the evening, before children go to bed. At the same spot of the Lucky Lucke (which are kinda similar)
    Yeah nowadays, the cartoon are a bit all the same and a bit too flashy for my taste. I understand why children turn towards anime :-))

So what about this invasion of Happy sig ? Did something happen in the FF ?

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey there K-dom! Oh wow, I almost called you kdowns there <_<
    I was wondering why you didn't have a thread and now that you do..time to spam post high quality questions.
    What's the last anime you enjoyed? Your favorite one?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah kdowns is much more active than myself in these part of the site :-)
    At first, I didn't go much outside of the One Piece section. Then when the Manhwa section was created, the people there are much more active in the FF and member sections. That's how I met scav and when he demand me to start a thread, I used it as an excuse :-)

Concerning the anime, I was a bit on hold recently. I don't now really why but I really don't enjoy that much anymore series I have read the manga. So I only watched Gintama since it has restarted. Last week, I had a look to the summer and fall new series. I watched a few episode of Usagi Drop which I like so far, and I will restart Natsume Yuujinchou. I've watched the first episode of N°6 too.
    What about you anything you would recommend ?

As for my favorite ones, it's the Miyasaki of course :-) I like that the japanese keep the 2D method and not all switch to 3D like Pixar and Disney. In fact the american cartoons I like the most are from Tim Burton and Bill Plympton (on a completely different style)

---------- Post added October 22, 2011 at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2011 at 08:07 AM ----------

Back to France for the week-end. A breakfeast with coffee and a real croissant is so so good !

---------- Post added October 26, 2011 at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was October 22, 2011 at 09:37 AM ----------

APPLE I HÂTE YOU

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A froggy in Paris

You hate apples? Wait..what why
    Are you up to date with gintama? I like the new opening and the new episode about the funeral got me laughing so hard.
    The so far so good(or even better) series this season are Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown.
    and also p4a. I'm not sure about the rest tho but Phi brain has been rather cliche and not as great.
    Un-Go is good too but people say that it is rushed but who's to blame? There's only 11 episode for bones to squeeze.

Back to france? Don't you live in france

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you've made a thread. Awesome

You have excellent taste when it comes to comics. I've yet to check many you have recommended on the International Comics section, but I intend to, there were a couple extremely interesting ones. Too bad it is some what hard to get your hands on french/southern european comics here...

Loved The Tintin video. Well made, summarizes the essential and most memorable parts of the stories perfectly.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    You hate apples? Wait..what why
    :-) I hate this kind of apple

Quote Quote:
    Are you up to date with gintama? I like the new opening and the new episode about the funeral got me laughing so hard.
    The so far so good(or even better) series this season are Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown.
    and also p4a. I'm not sure about the rest tho but Phi brain has been rather cliche and not as great.
    Un-Go is good too but people say that it is rushed but who's to blame? There's only 11 episode for bones to squeeze.
    I'm a little behind in gintama, but your post makes me want to watch them. Especially now that we are in the non scanlated part, I enjoy watching them even more. And yes Gintama opening are always great, the other day I watched the episode of One Piece post time-skip and I wonder myself. Why can't they ask Gintama anime staff advice to make something good !
    I watched 2 episodes of Phi brain but I'm not enthrilled, N°6 was also a bit cliche and rushed. As for the first episode of Un-Go, it seems like it was a season 2, i agree with those who said it was rushed. But I really liked Natsume Yuujinchou, I'm happy they are making new episode in January. It reminds me a bit of Mushishi, a sloow pace but nice little stories.
    Quote Quote:
    Back to france? Don't you live in france
    This year I work in Bremen in Germany, though I shall return to France soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    Oh, you've made a thread. Awesome

You have excellent taste when it comes to comics. I've yet to check many you have recommended on the International Comics section, but I intend to, there were a couple extremely interesting ones. Too bad it is some what hard to get your hands on french/southern european comics here...

Loved The Tintin video. Well made, summarizes the essential and most memorable parts of the stories perfectly.
    Oh I'm happy at least one person liked them. Did you know about some of them already ? I have found some of them translated in German at the library so I make my roommates discover some good titles I like. If you know about good Spanish authors, I would be happy to look at them. I love Blacksad, but I'm not sure if they write them in French or in Spanish first.

Concerning Tintin, I love the video too, sadly from what I have heard, it may be even better than the film itself

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Knew few, Manu Larcenet (visited Finnish comic event, so that is why), Nicolas de Crecy (saw a cool drawing somewehre, and find out it was by him. Understood he worked with Chomet on Belleville Triplets?). Also knew some of the classics you mentioned in the favorite thread. Haven't read much european comics, but that works as a great reference next time at local comic con.

And yeah, Blacksad is awesome.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually my avatar is from de Crecy :-)

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Salut grenouille!!! :3

Finally made a thread. How's Bremen? and what is your job role?

And if you haven't seen Tintin yet, make sure to watch it. But not in german, English or french it's awesome, you won't regret it. Captain Haddock is pure win.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Remnant's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there. Welcome to MH. I'm new and all I can say to you is that I'm jeeeeealous. >.< Japan may not be great as how I might make it to be, but I just want to go there and see some stuff. I just want to see how popular anime and manga is there or the feel of holding manga. I haven't actually held one; I can't buy one! T.T
    Last edited by Remnant; October 30, 2011 at 08:17 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast