Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 209

Thread: Uganda ! Where is that

  1. #16
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A froggy in Paris

    Quote Originally Posted by Remnant View Post
    Hi there. Welcome to MH. I'm new and all I can say to you is that I'm jeeeeealous. >.< Japan may not be great as how I might make it to be, but I just want to go there and see some stuff. I just want to see how popular anime and manga is there or the feel of holding manga. I haven't actually held one; I can't buy one! T.T
    Yeah Japan was really a great holiday and it's not as expensive as the rumor says. But it's true that it can be hard without someone speaking japanese. That was what miss us the most there.
    And concerning the manga, in the few bookstore I have tries a lot of them are under plastic cover so it is not that easy to read them :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Salut grenouille!!! :3

    Finally made a thread. How's Bremen? and what is your job role?

    And if you haven't seen Tintin yet, make sure to watch it. But not in german, English or french it's awesome, you won't regret it. Captain Haddock is pure win.
    Bremen is pretty nice at the moment, the weather is not too cold and we start to have nice fall tree colors. During the last 2 weeks there the Freimark one of the greatest park in the area. It was fun. I'm waiting for the Christmas market now, their Glühwein (vin chaud) is delicious
    As for the job, I'm working for EADS. Doing simulations for a spacecraft validation.

  2. #17
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Night at 4:30pm, is Bremen so close from the north pole ?

    All I read from that was "spacecraft" Sounds like a pretty demanding job I'm guessing.....

    We get a German market here in Birmingham sometime this month, in preparation for Christmas; it's one of the highlights of living in this city. It's absolutely amazing!

    Are you up to date with OP?

  3. #18
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    8th Day
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Night at 4:30pm, is Bremen so close from the north pole ?

    Oh yeah, the manga. They aren't open and its hard to read and if you can't understand japanese
    you won't know the content..just like me when I visited taiwan, I went to a book filled with jap mags and other artbooks..
    had no idea what to get with my budget.
    And wow, 4.30 is already dark over there? Sg never exp things like this but from my trip to taiwan the night there is around late 5 or something, that's the first time I experienced such an early night.

    How much is a trip to japan anyways

    Quote Quote:
    Natsume Yuujinchou, I'm happy they are making new episode in January. It reminds me a bit of Mushishi, a sloow pace but nice little stories.
    Need to watch this two.

  4. #19
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    South Korea
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,647
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Night at 4:30pm, is Bremen so close from the north pole ?

    *invades the thread* hey k-dom how are you> Oh wait nice to meet you I luv ur avy

  5. #20
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A week end in Berlin !

    Argh somemanga is down once again, I guess the number of my manga reading will decrease. Well that will give me time to prepare my week end in Berlin. 4 days, I hope the weather will get better soon. If some of the German members have piece of advise concerning the capital, I'm interested :-)

  6. #21
    MH's Most Passionate Member 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member scav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Boneyard
    Country
    The Wall
    Posts
    10,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A week end in Berlin !

    oh j'avais pas vu que t'avais fait un thread. c'est bien
    Je savais que t'avais été au Japon, la chance putin. alors et les japonaises? raconte
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic136240_61.gif border=0 alt= />

  7. #22
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psyren 24, Nausicaa 20 !!!!!

    Damn I have to rant about these awards. Honestly 24 over 20. Have the one who voted ever read Nausicaa ! It's Miyazaki we are talking about, against a manga without even a proper end.
    And what about the Female lead results, it's ridiculous.
    Well, I guess Nausicaa is too old and not really famous any more as it should be. Quite a shame for the manga.

    Now that was a long time since I've not posted here. In between I left Germany and move back to Paris. I missed the MH new year though.
    It's quite nice to be back after a year. Bremen was a good experience but I missed being home.

    @scav
    Honnêtement dès qu'elles ont un kimono, les japonaises sont à craquer. Sinon leur goût vestimentaire et un peu différent du notre et ça fait drôle au début. Il faudra que tu y ailles par toi même un jour. Le Japon est vraiment super pour des vacances.

  8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Souther's
    Country
    Reunion
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psyren 24, Nausicaa 20 !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Damn I have to rant about these awards. Honestly 24 over 20. Have the one who voted ever read Nausicaa ! It's Miyazaki we are talking about, against a manga without even a proper end.
    N'est-ce pas. Time took its toll on good taste and common sense, le bougre.

    Quote Quote:
    Well, I guess Nausicaa is too old and not really famous any more as it should be. Quite a shame for the manga.
    Spoiler: As would say Harry from 3rd Rock : show


    Quote Quote:
    Bremen was a good experience but I missed being home.
    Romio Kasuga ?

    Quote Quote:
    @scav
    Honnêtement dès qu'elles ont un kimono, les japonaises sont à craquer. Sinon leur goût vestimentaire et un peu différent du notre et ça fait drôle au début. Il faudra que tu y ailles par toi même un jour. Le Japon est vraiment super pour des vacances.
    Tout à fait d'accord, d'autant plus avec ta dernière phrase. Pas évident du tout pour que ça n'en devienne pas trop coûteux par contre (enfin, ça dépend où on place le curseur).
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

  10. #24
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    8th Day
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psyren 24, Nausicaa 20 !!!!!

    Lol k-dom, it happens all the time.
    Mainstream stuff aren't exactly the best stuff but you know..the more famous a series the better.
    It's not like naucissa isn't famous but I guess not as new. I'm planning to read it soon just so you know, i don't think i voted
    for that category. I didn't even finish psyren and I read it till the climax and gave up on it .

    might be late, but happy new year! Had a nice one I hope?

  11. #25
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psyren 24, Nausicaa 20 !!!!!

    You come back to Paris too late now Dom, you missed us but I hope you enjoyed Bremen and picked up some valuable experience and had fun during your stay there.

  12. #26
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psyren 24, Nausicaa 20 !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Teubier View Post
    Romio Kasuga ?
    No Bremen in Germany, I was there for a year for my job. I have not read the manga yet, is it good ?
    The good thing with being back is that I can read manga directly in French :-). I finished Homunculus (well not really the end I expected but I guess the manga was unconventional from the start. And I see that Soil is released really fast so I won't have to wait for the scanlations :-)
    Quote Quote:
    Tout à fait d'accord, d'autant plus avec ta dernière phrase. Pas évident du tout pour que ça n'en devienne pas trop coûteux par contre (enfin, ça dépend où on place le curseur).
    Le Japon n'est pas si cher que ça au final (Bon pour un budget d'étudiant peut être que si). Mais si tu pars en groupe, c'est assez facile de trouver des hôtels pas trop cher bien et la bouffe est donnée si tu ne manges pas des sushis et des barbec tous les jours. Ils ont un super reseau de transport en commun donc pas besoin de louer une voiture (surtout qu'avec la conduite à gauche et les panneaux en Japonais ça doit pas être facile)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Lol k-dom, it happens all the time.
    Mainstream stuff aren't exactly the best stuff but you know..the more famous a series the better.
    It's not like naucicaa isn't famous but I guess not as new. I'm planning to read it soon just so you know, i don't think i voted
    for that category. I didn't even finish psyren and I read it till the climax and gave up on it .

    might be late, but happy new year! Had a nice one I hope?
    Oh yes, I only said it in the French thread sorry. Happy new year everyone (In France you can do it till January 31th :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    You come back to Paris too late now Dom, you missed us but I hope you enjoyed Bremen and picked up some valuable experience and had fun during your stay there.
    Yep, I drank all the Gluhwein and Biers I could before I left :-)

  13. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Souther's
    Country
    Reunion
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psyren 24, Nausicaa 20 !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    No Bremen in Germany, I was there for a year for my job. I have not read the manga yet, is it good ?
    The good thing with being back is that I can read manga directly in French :-). I finished Homunculus (well not really the end I expected but I guess the manga was unconventional from the start. And I see that Soil is released really fast so I won't have to wait for the scanlations :-)
    Ahah I was joking about Bremen (I did read your topic), but yeah imho it's a good shônen, so are Hareluya & Hareluya II Boy from the same mangaka (Countach seems good too). Mostly fun, good characters and impressive main protagonists, and H.Umezawa's drawing style is quite effective, action wise, imho.
    Already finished Homunculus ! You are fast !
    Btw, thanks again for mentioning Soil in the Awards, I've only read the first chapter so far but I feel that it will be a great read. I like it when both worlds (manga & BD) seem to merge like that.

    Quote Quote:
    Le Japon n'est pas si cher que ça au final (Bon pour un budget d'étudiant peut être que si). Mais si tu pars en groupe, c'est assez facile de trouver des hôtels pas trop cher bien et la bouffe est donnée si tu ne manges pas des sushis et des barbec tous les jours. Ils ont un super reseau de transport en commun donc pas besoin de louer une voiture (surtout qu'avec la conduite à gauche et les panneaux en Japonais ça doit pas être facile)
    Ouais, c'est sur que comparé aux tarifs des hôtels en France, aux tarifs des transports, c'est souvent (un peu) moins cher pour mieux (même beaucoup mieux en terme de qualité de service). Et la boustifaille en convini c'est tout à fait raisonnable, à part tester des restaurants chaque jour/soir, ça reste faisable. En fait, ce à quoi je pensais surtout c'est les dépenses annexes, tous les petits cadeaux qu'il pourrait être agréable et/ou nécessaire de ramener, et puis surtout pour celui qui attend ce voyage depuis longtemps, y a moyen de rentrer dans un état de frénésie consommatrice. Les deux fois c'est ce qui m'a explosé le budget. La première fois, j'ai lâché près de 500 000 yens en deux semaines, dont 60% de dépenses 'dispensables'. C'était un peu plus raisonnable la deuxième fois (~250 000 yens dont 40% de d.d., encore deux semaines sur place), mais c'est vraiment pas évident de contraindre le budget global simplement à la nourriture, aux transports, au logement et à quelques excursions touristiques.
    Quand j'étais étudiant, ça me paraissait quasiment impossible d'y aller financièrement parlant, c'était une impression justifiée en fonction de mon caractère.
    Pour un voyage qui n'est pas uniquement lié à des vacances par contre, il est parfaitement possible de s'en tirer avec un budget raisonnable, mais reste encore le prix des billets d'avions...

    Si c'est pas trop indiscret, t'étais sur quel coin au japon ?
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #28
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psyren 24, Nausicaa 20 !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Teubier View Post
    Ahah I was joking about Bremen (I did read your topic), but yeah imho it's a good shônen, so are Hareluya & Hareluya II Boy from the same mangaka (Countach seems good too). Mostly fun, good characters and impressive main protagonists, and H.Umezawa's drawing style is quite effective, action wise, imho.
    Already finished Homunculus ! You are fast !
    Btw, thanks again for mentioning Soil in the Awards, I've only read the first chapter so far but I feel that it will be a great read. I like it when both worlds (manga & BD) seem to merge like that.
    To be honest I started with the scan so it was only the last 2 volumes left :-)
    As for Soil, it's really a great discovery (well Kotonoha makes a great job concerning non mainstream series. I thank them, Hox and Mangascreener to exist). I'm trying not to read it to fast so that I don't have to wait for the next chapters... But it seems we are lucky since Ankama is doing a super fast release. I guess, I don't mind them selling tons of Dofus if it makes them take nice titles like that one. And you're right, the format is indeed typical of a BD and the art reminds me of Marc Antoine Mathieu which is one of my favorite author.
    And thanks for the suggestion I will try to have a look at it
    Quote Quote:
    Ouais, c'est sur que comparé aux tarifs des hôtels en France, aux tarifs des transports, c'est souvent (un peu) moins cher pour mieux (même beaucoup mieux en terme de qualité de service). Et la boustifaille en convini c'est tout à fait raisonnable, à part tester des restaurants chaque jour/soir, ça reste faisable. En fait, ce à quoi je pensais surtout c'est les dépenses annexes, tous les petits cadeaux qu'il pourrait être agréable et/ou nécessaire de ramener, et puis surtout pour celui qui attend ce voyage depuis longtemps, y a moyen de rentrer dans un état de frénésie consommatrice. Les deux fois c'est ce qui m'a explosé le budget. La première fois, j'ai lâché près de 500 000 yens en deux semaines, dont 60% de dépenses 'dispensables'. C'était un peu plus raisonnable la deuxième fois (~250 000 yens dont 40% de d.d., encore deux semaines sur place), mais c'est vraiment pas évident de contraindre le budget global simplement à la nourriture, aux transports, au logement et à quelques excursions touristiques.
    Quand j'étais étudiant, ça me paraissait quasiment impossible d'y aller financièrement parlant, c'était une impression justifiée en fonction de mon caractère.
    Pour un voyage qui n'est pas uniquement lié à des vacances par contre, il est parfaitement possible de s'en tirer avec un budget raisonnable, mais reste encore le prix des billets d'avions...

    Si c'est pas trop indiscret, t'étais sur quel coin au japon ?
    Aha, tu me rappelles mon meilleur pote qui s'est complétement lâché. Moi je suis toujours trop sage sur les souvenirs. Du coup c'est vrai que je n'ai pas pris ça en compte dans le budget...
    On est parti à 5 pendant 3 semaines en Octobre. Météo de dingue : soleil tout le temps. On a bien préparé tout avant du coup, y'avait pas trop de place à l'improvisation mais pour un premier contact c'était vraiment super et au final je trouve qu'on s'en ai bien sorti.
    On a fait :
    Tokyo (plus une journée à Nikko), Mont Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka, Shikoku, Kyushu (Beppu, Mont Aso, Nagasaki), Miyajima, un petit tour dans les alpes japonaise près de Nagano, Tokyo... si si c'est possible en 3 semaines :-))

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Souther's
    Country
    Reunion
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psyren 24, Nausicaa 20 !!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Aha, tu me rappelles mon meilleur pote qui s'est complétement lâché. Moi je suis toujours trop sage sur les souvenirs. Du coup c'est vrai que je n'ai pas pris ça en compte dans le budget...
    On est parti à 5 pendant 3 semaines en Octobre. Météo de dingue : soleil tout le temps. On a bien préparé tout avant du coup, y'avait pas trop de place à l'improvisation mais pour un premier contact c'était vraiment super et au final je trouve qu'on s'en ai bien sorti.
    On a fait :
    Tokyo (plus une journée à Nikko), Mont Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka, Shikoku, Kyushu (Beppu, Mont Aso, Nagasaki), Miyajima, un petit tour dans les alpes japonaise près de Nagano, Tokyo... si si c'est possible en 3 semaines :-))
    Ça a beaucoup d'avantages de bien préparer le voyage, ne serait-ce que pour bourlinguer dans autant de lieux différents, comme vous l'avez fait. C'est un truc qui m'aurait plu mais les deux fois c'était pas vraiment l'état d'esprit de la majorité de mes compagnons de routes, plutôt adeptes de la relaxation peinarde en terres connues. Ce qui peut avoir du bon cela dit. La meilleure journée que j'ai passée la première fois c'était une journée à la mer, à Unoke (Nord/Nord-est de Kanazawa où on est resté une semaine). Ligne de train magnifique, quasiment Miyazakesque avec les plantes et la rouille, le bourg l'était tout autant avec ses maisonnées typiques et leurs arbres/jardins parfaitement entretenus, le petit temple shintoïste local, et puis l'arrivée sur la plage... Pour un méditerranéen dans l'âme c'était quand même le panard.

    Vous avez fait un sacré tour quand même ! Forcément avec le JR Pass, sinon ça aurait fait une note salé de transports.

    Bon Tokyo c'était pas ma tasse de thé (pas fanatique des environnements trop urbains), mais Kyushu c'était sublime (hôtel pas loin de la gare d'Hakata). Le trajet en train (ligne Kagome si mes souvenirs sont bons) pour aller à Nagasaki, avec toute la partie qui longe la mer d'Ariake...
    Par contre on s'est pointé à Beppu un jeudi, sur le chemin qu'on a fait y avait aucun onsen d'ouvert...
    Mais superbe coin aussi, surtout ensoleillé. Et pis les locaux sont vraiment à la cool. La statue du Shiny Uncle à la gare !
    Très important le soleil aussi, vous avez été assez chanceux sur le coup, ou alors Octobre est un très bon mois.

    J'arrête là mon enflammade, scusi
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  19. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Psyren 24, Nausicaa 20 !!!!!

    On a vécu un peu ça à Shikoku. Les trajets en trains étaient longs mais il y a eu des moments inoubliables comme quand une guêpe est entrée dans le wagon et que le conducteur a arrêté le train pour l'ecraser avec sa chaussure : véridique. A Kochi on a pu se baigner. J'aurai jamais cru, mi octobre la mer était encore à plus de 20°. Je ne sais pas à Unoke, mais la encore ce fut le choc culturel. On était tout seul sur la plage. Les seuls japonaises qu'on a rencontrées avaient des manches longues et des ombrelles alors que nous on été en maillot de bain en train de se baigner. Et partout le long de la plage des haut-parleurs qui diffusaient de la musique d’ascenseur.... surréaliste

    J'ai adoré Kyushu, je suis bien content qu'on ai pu allé jusque là. à Hakata, on a testé l'hôtel capsule (bon, ça va pour une nuit)
    Il parait que la cote ouest du Japon est très belle, ça sera pour un 2è voyage.

    ---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

    J'adore :
















    La source c'est ici
    Last edited by k-dom; January 16, 2012 at 09:39 AM.

  20. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts