Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Agency?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are the good guys. They exist to protect and serve.

1 16.67%
  • They are just as bad as the Union.

3 50.00%
  • They are secretly a branch of the Union and just don't realize it.

2 33.33%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 204 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 204 Review

I added a little section for keeping track of outstanding predictions and my win-loss ratio, other than that it's business as usual.

Now onto the review!

Chapter Summary

Seira....please tell me you didn't actually listen to the cooking advice Raskreia gave you?

This week starts out back at Frankenstien's home where the whole gang is having a relaxing evening of eating one of Seira's home cooked meals and just having general fun. After a bit, Shin Woo brings up the idea of playing some of the board games Ikkan brought and suggests they use forehead flicking as a punishment game. This "forehead flicking" concept intrigues Regis and Seira. And, as Shin Woo is explaining it to Regis, an impressively loud "GONG" sound echos out from the general vicinity of Seira. Who is standing there trying, very unsuccessfully, to look innocent. Tao, who is standing behind her, notices that behind her back she is holding a frying pan which hole in the center of it. So he quickly jumps in and helps make some excuses. Seira stands there looking embarrassed and adorable as Frankenstein stares at a small hole in his beloved ceiling where presumably a piece of frying pan was sent into orbit.

The scene then changes to the Union operatives, or who I previously referred to as Union operatives, but as it turns out they aren't Union at all(ErosVp called it). They meet with a friendly looking scientist who addresses them both by name, Na Yontsu(the woman) and An Sangeen(the smoker). He seem to be monitoring the condition of their bodies, not unlike what Frankenstein does with RK-4. He also cautions them that above all else their existence must remain secret from the Union. So that the Union does not learn that their agency, which is presumably part of the Korean government, has been researching human modification independent of them. He then tell them that the director wants to see them and sends them on their way.

The pair head up to his office and meet a man who makes every "evil guy" alarm bell in my head start ringing. He's pale, overweight, impressively ugly, has cold eyes, and jagged eyebrows (give him a pair of horns and a pitchfork and the image would be complete). This care bear of a boss assigns them a recruitment mission, which is apparently out of the ordinary for them. And in the packet he gives them we see two pictures everybody should recognize, he's sending them for Shin Woo and Ikkan.

A storm is on the horizon........

Chapter Review

Oh Shin Woo, law enforcement having your picture on file is almost never a good sign.

Substance
    Lot of good stuff this week!

Our mysterious agents got identified as Na Yontsu and An Sangeen; operatives for a secret agency of some type inside Korea who have developed human modification technology in secret from the Union. We also got confirmation that they are both modified in some way, which should put them in RK-4's league at the very least.

With those two receiving the "recruit Shin Woo and Ikkan" orders, everything has been set in motion. Those of us who have been wishing for Raizel's mortal schoolmates to take a greater role in the plot are about to get our wish.

Throw a disgruntled Rael in there as a wildcard and the next few chapters seem like they are going to be pretty interesting.

Presentation
    Solid art, nothing amazing but it all worked as I think it was intended. Embarrassed Seira was painfully adorable. The director's character design was clearly is all about making him seem like an all around unpleasant human being, and it worked.

I liked the pacing, with the first half on the chapter being devoted to some lighthearted fun and the second half being more devoted to getting the plot going. Both did their parts well without seeming too long nor too short.

Final Rating
    There was a lot to enjoy this week. Solid art, great comic moments with Raizel and his friends, plot revelations involving the mysterious agents, and best of all a new story arc started going foward.

I give this chapter a 4 out of 5.

Character Spotlight: Seira J. Royard

One of the many reasons to use cast-iron cookware.

Seira is full of surprises. To me that perfectly sums up what has made her such a fun character.

She was originally introduced as Regis's silent attendant which led most, including myself to the mistaken assumption that she was his subordinate; only to have have it later revealed that she is a clan leader and stronger than him by far. With Seira, appearances are deceiving and that's becoming something of a theme for her.

It's that aspect that allows her to constantly catch fans off guard. She seems so serious fans never expect comedy from her and she seems so deliberate fans never expect anything whimsical from her. The same is true of characters in the series itself. When Shin Woo was struggling with his lack of success with girls he never even considered Seira, nor did most fans, until she spoke up and surprised us all.

The same was true this week when she flicked that pan. I never saw it coming, not even a little bit, and I don't think that will ever change for me or the characters in the series; and it's that very aspect of her that makes her such a great part of Noblesse's cast.

My 3 Predictions(Current Record 3-0)
    • Next chapter will focus on the Frankenstein's school
    • Na Yonstu and An Sangeen will try to approach Shin Woo and Ikkan at school and be repelled by RK-4.
    • The Agency Director is evil(obviously).

Spoiler: Current Active Predictions show

Thread Question of the Week
    Will Shin Woo and Ikkan be successfully recruited?
    Last edited by Jammin; October 05, 2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 204 Review

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Throw a disgruntled Rael in there as a wildcard and the next few chapters seem like they are going to be pretty interesting.
    I think so too. It seems like Rael would play quite a role especially for us to know more about this government agency which seems to be a stand-alone organization. I think we would get to know what it wants and who are the people controlling this organization through Rael and his actions. The least, he would brought Rai and friends in contact with the agency, probably at the same time or after Shinwoo and Ikhan got their 'visit'.

It's that aspect that allows her to constantly catch fans off guard. She seems so serious fans never expect comedy from her and she seems so deliberate fans never expect anything whimsical from her. The same is true of characters in the series itself. When Shin Woo was struggling with his lack of success with girls he never even considered Seira, nor did most fans, until she spoke up and surprised us all.

The same was true this week when she flicked that pan. I never saw it coming, not even a little bit, and I don't think that will ever change for me or the characters in the series; and it's that very aspect of her that makes her such a great part of Noblesse's cast.
    I totally agree. XD
    It feels to me that lately Seira's expressions are being made less and less lively. As if she would always have that straight, expressionless face all the time. I actually want to see more of her, since we rarely see her made various expressions, but she is an interesting character indeed. She had to be tough since she is the next clan leader, but behind that mask she has this fragile-little-girl side of her. :3

The Agency Director is evil(obviously).
    That does seem to be the case, in my eyes. About your poll as well, I think it's more likely that the agency is controlled by the Union through an invincible string. They tried hard to mask themselves from the Union, but Union being such a great and big organization as it is, it can hardly pass their eyes. Perhaps even the director is not really aware of the situation they are getting into. But I do believe that there are good people in the agency, and these people with the help of Rai and friends would change into something good. ^^

Will Shin Woo and Ikkan be successfully recruited?
    Hard to tell, but I would guess no. Since I believe that the agency is somehow controlled by the Union in secret, they must be up for something not good. So maybe those two would be pushed to join, but after finding enough information I bet they would run away and use it against them instead. :3

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I really can't vote in the poll with the information we have.... Maybe they are just as evil as Union, or are good guys who choose the hard method because there is no other one to oppose the Union...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I totally agree. XD
    It feels to me that lately Seira's expressions are being made less and less lively. As if she would always have that straight, expressionless face all the time. I actually want to see more of her, since we rarely see her made various expressions, but she is an interesting character indeed. She had to be tough since she is the next clan leader, but behind that mask she has this fragile-little-girl side of her. :3
    She's just so fun. A perfect blending of innocent with intimidating.

That does seem to be the case, in my eyes. About your poll as well, I think it's more likely that the agency is controlled by the Union through an invincible string. They tried hard to mask themselves from the Union, but Union being such a great and big organization as it is, it can hardly pass their eyes. Perhaps even the director is not really aware of the situation they are getting into. But I do believe that there are good people in the agency, and these people with the help of Rai and friends would change into something good. ^^
    I agree, I think Na Yontsu and the scientist guy at least seem to be good and well meaning people. The boss and the smoker though, they are another matter. Both of them just reek of bad-guy-ness to me.

Hard to tell, but I would guess no. Since I believe that the agency is somehow controlled by the Union in secret, they must be up for something not good. So maybe those two would be pushed to join, but after finding enough information I bet they would run away and use it against them instead. :3
    That's what I think too. In fact I think even approaching them is going to be a bit of a challenge. If RK-4 figures out their sniffing around those two they seem highly likely to throw a monkey-wrench in the recruitment plans. And if Frankenstein thinks they are doing something that would displease his lord well... that wouldn't end well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp
    Wow! I really can't vote in the poll with the information we have.... Maybe they are just as evil as Union, or are good guys who choose the hard method because there is no other one to oppose the Union...
    Don't let the lack of information stop you, I never do!
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

So i believe it is an evil organization with some people who truly want to do the right thing...

I just think they might be weaker than the agents from Union, since they are from a small agency.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    So i believe it is an evil organization with some people who truly want to do the right thing...

I just think they might be weaker than the agents from Union, since they are from a small agency.
    I don't think that they're evil as the Union but I feel like that, they might be involved in Rai's missing casket case. I don't remember how exactly it was but I do remember that the guy, who later got infected by M-24 was the delivery boy for the casket. Now, what if some Agents got their hands on it first but were unable to open it due to lack of information and thus decided instead of letting the Union know of the casket's existence?

Credits:Shinsatsu

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Host Samurai View Post
    I don't think that they're evil as the Union but I feel like that, they might be involved in Rai's missing casket case. I don't remember how exactly it was but I do remember that the guy, who later got infected by M-24 was the delivery boy for the casket. Now, what if some Agents got their hands on it first but were unable to open it due to lack of information and thus decided instead of letting the Union know of the casket's existence?
    Hmm, does that mean you thought they were trying to hide the casket, but somehow found out?

Everything is suspicious about this new agency, especially the fact that they had human experiments and tried hard to hide it from the Union. As if they wanted to evolve from being 'merely' something to a more advanced existence. :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, does that mean you thought they were trying to hide the casket, but somehow found out?

Everything is suspicious about this new agency, especially the fact that they had human experiments and tried hard to hide it from the Union. As if they wanted to evolve from being 'merely' something to a more advanced existence. :P
    No, more like that they tried their own method to open it but failed instead. So in order to avoid using brute strength, they came with the conclusion by letting the Union know of their discovery.

I agree with you. I think that they want to be independent of the Union or to have more 'firepower' in case the Union wants to get rid of them...

Credits:Shinsatsu

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply